NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Most of them are solid to really good players, so to not like at all in some capacity? I'd need to see a full list, there'd be a few I'm sure. 

Off the top of my head, I definitely don't like Ola Aina though. 

You seem to only rate super technical players at the very best clubs like Man City and Real though, so we have very different outlooks on things.

I don't need a player to be perfect to like their game, and liking them doesn't mean they're necessarily a world beater or top player either.

All things considered - i'm one of the bigger supporters of players like Wilson, Wood, Murphy and Nicholas Jackson. Try your best, have some ability - I'll like a player as long as others don't overhype them (Almiron, Anita, Colo at times). And I love a physical defender.

Every time I see us talk about a Nigerian player - you seem to be a fan [emoji38]

I like Awoniyi and he's a handsome lad to boot. Good replacement for Wilson in that regard. Not seen enough of Adebayo to comment jus thought it was funny.

12 minutes ago, maze said:

[emoji38] I’d given you 10/10 if you’d said Bas Dost:pow:

My normal go to for that sort of thing is Emerton or Boa Morte. Convinced we were signing both of them back in the day.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

All things considered - i'm one of the bigger supporters of players like Wilson, Wood, Murphy and Nicholas Jackson. Try your best, have some ability - I'll like a player as long as others don't overhype them (Almiron, Anita, Colo at times). And I love a physical defender.

Every time I see us talk about a Nigerian player - you seem to be a fan [emoji38]

I like Awoniyi and he's a handsome lad to boot. Good replacement for Wilson in that regard. Not seen enough of Adebayo to comment jus thought it was funny.

I'll only really pipe up if I like a player though, so it would seem that way :lol:

To be fair I wouldn't sign Awoniyi, but that guy is one of my favourite people in football. Such a good dude from very very humble beginnings.

Adebayo came up because it looks like that is who Everton are targeting to replace Calvert Lewin, and some said they'd rather have him. He was causing Premier League defences trouble prior to his injury, and has the physical attributes that would work well in our system, so I get it. I think he'd be really useful as a back up. Would I actually want us to target him as a priority though ... not really, he'd be one to go for further down the list, only if we struggled to get better.

2 hours ago, Vaj said:

No chance of Bowen now with news that Paqueta is getting charged for gambling. If it is true that he got booked on purpose he could be screwed for a long time 

Could argue it increases it if they need a sale to buy. Likely want to keep Kudus, so he’s the next asset that’s at peak value.

56 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Three quality players in for ~35m before the Euros even start is hella good business. 

A better way to think about it is these three players will be adding (best guess) ~£24m in annual costs (amortisation + wages).

We'll need to (more than) offset that by reducing wages/amortisation elsewhere / increasing revenue.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

My normal go to for that sort of thing is Emerton or Boa Morte. Convinced we were signing both of them back in the day.

Ah, Yes! I remember those days. May I spice your memory with this little gem that sprung to mind: Sylvain Marveaux[emoji38]

Edited by maze
F’ing autocorrect … bah

19 minutes ago, maze said:

Ah, Yes! I remember those days. May I spise your memory with this little gem that sprung to mind: Sylvain Marveaux[emoji38]

I was genuinely excited about that transfer, given we supposedly beat Liverpool to the deal. Not a bad player, just completely unsuited to us.

42 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Aribo, that's the one

Joe Aribo is never ever a winger!

Why Southampton signed him and played him there that season in the Premier League, I will never know.

Looks like they finally realised he's a central midfielder and he's been doing well there of late for them in the Championship.

I'd have him ahead of Longstaff every single time.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You mean both their desiccated corpses aren’t still in the Gosforth Park Hotel? ?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Joe Aribo is never ever a winger!

Why Southampton signed him and played him there that season in the Premier League, I will never know.

Looks like they finally realised he's a central midfielder and he's been doing well there of late for them in the Championship.

I'd have him ahead of Longstaff every single time.

He'd probably be no worse. Neither can trap a bag of cement.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

1 hour ago, maze said:

Ah, Yes! I remember those days. May I spice your memory with this little gem that sprung to mind: Sylvain Marveaux[emoji38]

So many of those who didn’t really want to come or obviosuly wouldn’t fit - Cabella, Marveaux, Thauvin. 

Just now, Pilko said:

Can't see us selling Pope unless we've got 2 quality keepers lined up.

Selling Pope and bringing in a young, promising keeper as backup (or an old, cheap one) would make more sense from a resource standpoint compared to having Pope and Giorgi.