NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Selling Wilson to fund DCL is a bum move.

It is when you consider DCL is a 1 in 4 striker whereas Wilson is a 1 in 2.

Not as reliable as the last one, but these guys think we're in advanced negotiations for Mamardashvili. Seems to be getting a lot of attention in the Spanish press now.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Not as reliable as the last one, but these guys think we're in advanced negotiations for Mamardashvili. Seems to be getting a lot of attention in the Spanish press now.

fap GIF

Posted (edited)

News breaking that Oblak is leaving Atletico. Don’t love that for our chances

Edited by Jack27

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Maybe he's leaving Atletico for us?:bluestar:

.....nah, he's on a massive wedge there.

Edit to add: 10 mil euro wages per year, contracted until 2028 with a buyout clause of 120 million Euros. Only place he could be leaving for (if at all), would be Chelsea.

Edited by Emotic

48 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Can we ban sharing this fraud

Agreed, not a chance we do a big money signing before July 1st without selling.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Agreed, not a chance we do a big money signing before July 1st without selling.

Didn’t we do that with Botman? All agreed and signed on 1.7.22.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

While we generally need more technically able players, who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, I'm not sure where this idea we lack creativity comes from.

We scored a record number of goals last season, while our xG, big chances created and shot stats have been very good for two seasons.

Evolution of side. We’ve seen games where we struggle to break sides down, shift them around. 

Amazing returns on what we’ve got, but feels a ceiling hit. 

28 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Eddie was linked with DLC since he got here. He was linked to us even before then wasnt he? Its longstanding interest. Eddie is definitely an admirer. 

I'm fine with it for anything under 20m. I feel like that won't even buy a gammy knee.

Eddie might have been an admirer two years ago but this just feels like a lazy link being dredged up in case we might still be interested. Which I doubt tbh.

37 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Yeah I'd pick Atletico over us tbf, especially as he already lives in Spain.

DCL as an Isak backup seems pretty good to be assuming the rumours about Wilson leaving are true. 

Bowen would be absolutely perfect for us but it’s never happening for a price that would be worth it. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KaKa said:

I like him a lot, but didn't want to say so on here, because I couldn't be bothered with the responses from people that didn't really watch him closely.

I agree with you 100%. 

Know nothing about the Luton striker, but the strategy of swooping for a player or two from a relegated side (when those who do know have had a chance to watch him on the PL for a season) must be in our thinking. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Liverpool Echo think there's something in the DCL rumour. We might be being opportunistic, targeting him when we know they need to sell and he has 1 year left. Not digging it though.

This is from the Athletic article about the deal to buy Isak back in August 2022. Hopefully those others at the club come to the same conclusion, if Baldwards' article has truth.

Screenshot_20240118_222634_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.5a91276a0bc0c475e5d0b1d6e1be7eda.jpg

2 hours ago, Vaj said:

Can't believe a few people are turning their noses up at Bowen, he would be perfect for us!

DCL on the other hand is possibly the only striker with a worse injury record than Wilson, would be a terrible signing! I read that they wanted £60m for him! 

If we got Bowen we probably wouldn't need another striker. Had no idea 22 of his starts last season were up front and with 9 goals. Would be absolutely fine with Isak main striker, Gordon and Bowen as back up, the likes of Barnes and Murphy covering those two when one of them had to go up top. Would be a brilliant forward line.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we got Bowen we probably wouldn't need another striker. Had no idea 22 of his starts last season were up front and with 9 goals. Would be absolutely fine with Isak main striker, Gordon and Bowen as back up, the likes of Barnes and Murphy covering those two when one of them had to go up top. Would be a brilliant forward line.

Would still (if possible) like to see us then sign a young striker as a backup that could get some minutes off the bench as well. No idea who though

No chance of Bowen now with news that Paqueta is getting charged for gambling. If it is true that he got booked on purpose he could be screwed for a long time 

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

No chance of Bowen now with news that Paqueta is getting charged for gambling. If it is true that he got booked on purpose he could be screwed for a long time 

Is Paqueta being charged? Any sources?

4 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Agree 100%

Don't think it's even close, Bowen's very good but with FPP limits we just can't buy a premium player at that price range and age. 

If we have Tosin, Kelly and Mamardashvili in the door by June gunna be buzzing for next season. 

27 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This is from the Athletic article about the deal to buy Isak back in August 2022. Hopefully those others at the club come to the same conclusion, if Baldwards' article has truth.

Screenshot_20240118_222634_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.5a91276a0bc0c475e5d0b1d6e1be7eda.jpg

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Lewin, even with a year left on his contract they would still probably ask more than he's worth.