NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

We really need a top class guy for the right wing, is that him? Even if £34 million is a good price for him in isolation, that's then money that can't now be put towards a real elite. From instinct he feels like a solid, Barnes level signing, rather than a more transformational Bruno/Isak level guy. That said, people who've seen him play a bit will have a better idea.

Missed a few months this year wih an ankle injury but his injury record is otherwise exemplary as far as I can see.

37 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not sure if I'm alone on this one, but I never like players who are under contract talking about moving to bigger clubs etc.  First of all because, well, nee shite Sherlock, but also - if they're interested they'll bid anyway.

Brentford are such a well-run and canny club, don't like seeing this type of patter from one of their players.  It puts me off more than anything.

Is it not called ambition? 

Who are these transformative right wingers that we are going to buy though? 

We rarely seem to get linked with right wingers I think the only ones were very tentative links to Olise, Chiesa and Bowen

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Who are these transformative right wingers that we are going to buy though? 

We rarely seem to get linked with right wingers I think the only ones were very tentative links to Olise, Chiesa and Bowen

I’d snap your hands off if offered Mbeumo, M Soule and S Killiscoy (Turkish kid)

18 minutes ago, Checko said:

We really need a top class guy for the right wing, is that him? Even if £34 million is a good price for him in isolation, that's then money that can't now be put towards a real elite. From instinct he feels like a solid, Barnes level signing, rather than a more transformational Bruno/Isak level guy. That said, people who've seen him play a bit will have a better idea.

Missed a few months this year wih an ankle injury but his injury record is otherwise exemplary as far as I can see.

Exactly, Mbuemo is a Barnes level signing like u said, and imo Olise is Isak/Guimaraes level one. 

Mbeumo would obviously be upgrade on Almiron, but really would like to see us aim higher. If FFP is a problem and does not allow us to splash 50-60 million for a RW, then he is fine of course.

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Mbeumo

Minteh

Murphy 

That would be fine for a 40 ISH game season next season for RW I think

I am willing to bet a large amount of the money i don’t have that Minteh will be going out on loan again

He's an upgrade on what we've got. I've liked him for a while now, albeit most of what I've seen is MotD / highlights, so may be a bit of Morten Gamst Pedersen syndrome on my behalf, but I've got a thing for attacking midfielders who just run at defenders and are a constant threat, which he appears to be.

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

I saw him play as a 9 at Anfield a few years back and he gave the Liverpool back line a lot of trouble 

We don’t need an Isak level forward - an Mbuemo gives you tactical flexibility if Isak is ever injured 

which game was this sorry? Just looked at Brentford at anfield since promotion and each game he played with Toney or Wissa in a 3-5-2. 

We're not in a place where every signing can be transformational. Sometimes we'll need to sign players who improve the squad without being superstars. I think Mbuemo probably fits the bill there. I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him, but I'd be annoyed if players like him were the limit of our ambitions tbf. But as other posters have pointed out, it's not like there are heaps of world class wingers we can afford to sign...

After waiting so long to upgrade the RW, I would be underwhelmed with Mbeumo 

That's an area that has been neglected for years, and will transform the team in terms of output, means both sides are as dangerous, not just LW with Gordon, will open up space etc. 

Olise, Chiesa, Williams, that's the level

Mbeumo is Barnes level, which raises the floor but we need a ceiling raiser especially as the other attacking signing is going to be a floor raiser (back up to Isak) not an elite one. 

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I see him as a Ruel Fox type, a player that really helps our first 11, before a Gillespie/Ginola type arrives a few years later

Well next year is the 1995/96 equivalent, so Fox is already on the way out (perhaps our Almiron or Murphy) and in comes our Ginola type (I see Gordon as Gillespie) 

Personally I think we need something slightly different out on the right. A player that can be very very effective and create. Many good players out there but quite many are mostly good in transitions. I would like something a bit more creative. Olise would be perfect as he is a bit of a mix. Good in transitions but can also create. A Bernardo Silvva type would be “ok” too…

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Personally I think we need something slightly different out on the right. A player that can be very very effective and create. Many good players out there but quite many are mostly good in transitions. I would like something a bit more creative. Olise would be perfect as he is a bit of a mix. Good in transitions but can also create. A Bernardo Silvva type would be “ok” too…

No offence to Mbuemo, but Olise is the one.

Howe knows only PL player. And he want to buy only PL players. A mistake when a manager make the market. Your fortune was the 2022 when you bought abroad.

Off topics slightly… what is it with Olise’s lack of goal celebrations? Not saying I’ve seen them all but the ones I have seem lacking in any joy or emotion. Each to their own but just strikes me a bit sad.

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Howe knows only PL player. And he want to buy only PL players. A mistake when a manager make the market. Your fortune was the 2022 when you bought abroad.

Considering the gushing praise he had for Tonali upon his signing, find this narrative pretty lazy.

Just now, dcmk said:

Considering the gushing praise he had for Tonali upon his signing, find this narrative pretty lazy.

It's bollocks man. Are we supposed to believe Bruno, Batman, Tonali, Isak etc were signings Howe didn't want?

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Off topics slightly… what is it with Olise’s lack of goal celebrations? Not saying I’ve seen them all but the ones I have seem lacking in any joy or emotion. Each to their own but just strikes me a bit sad.

Have seen a few of his interviews and he does come across as pretty awkward.  Maybe it's related somehow.