NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

there it is

And now a fresh twist has been issued by Edwards, who tweeted that American businessman Henry Mauriss’ interest in the club is “genuine and credible”.

He said:

I understand the scepticism but I’ve spent some time looking into this and I’m satisfied it’s genuine and credible enough to report. Which I have done

— Luke Edwards (@LukeEdwardsTele) June 8, 2020

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Any of the Barca lads will likely want wages we won't be able to offer as long as we have FFP/PSR issues. 

Aye, Raphinha reportedly on £200k p/w. We’d struggle to match that.

4 minutes ago, mosstef said:

We have been linked with Ferran Torres before, right?

I'm reminded of an Athletic article during the takeover process where, iirc, it had just fallen through and Caulkin had done a bit of a 'here's what you could've won' type article.

In that, he'd mentioned that if the Takeover was approved per the normal process, Staveley & Co's targets were Ake and Torres (obv they subsequently went to Man City).

He also mentioned a couple of other targets but I can't recall them.

31 minutes ago, alexf said:

Never rated Ferran Torres that highly. Has moments but flatters to deceive. 

Much like Luuk De Jong from the previous pages, in fact. Intellligent, not that quick, scores goals but never belters. A very continental player.

Nothing too exciting going on as far our public targets. Never really took the Sesko interest seriously once it was clear that Arsenal and Chelsea were in there, and same goes for Raphina rumours because the wages seem too high. The Kelly and Trafford deals seem much more realistic, and those will go through I would think.

If there's really top quality signings being worked on in forward areas, I think those are not going to be revealed until the deals are more or less sealed.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Nothing too exciting going on as far our public targets. Never really took the Sesko interest seriously once it was clear that Arsenal and Chelsea were in there, and same goes for Raphina rumours because the wages seem too high. The Kelly and Trafford deals seem much more realistic, and those will go through I would think.

If there's really top quality signings being worked on in forward areas, I think those are not going to be revealed until the deals are more or less sealed.

I doubt we've firmed up our interests in our top targets.

Once Kelly and Trafford are done and the Euros are over, we might see movement.

For no other reason than I have a blind spot for him but if we picked this guy up on an incentive based contract I think he could be ideal for our midfield. Times I saw him play (not loads  admittedly) I thought he oozed quality. Much better player than Maddison. Guessing he’s a lazy sod…

Edited by LFEE

33 minutes ago, STM said:

We won’t until Bruno’s clause is either activated or expires imo.

39 minutes ago, STM said:

Also depends on whether we see Wilson leave as if he does that means we definitely need a striker to come in. Almiron and Longstaff leaving is less certain IMO because Eddie might not be that keen on getting rid. Neither of them will want to leave either.

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

For no other reason than I have a blind spot for him but if we picked this guy up on an incentive based contract I think he could be ideal for our midfield. Times I saw him play (not loads  admittedly) I thought he oozed quality. Much better player than Maddison. Guessing he’s a lazy sod…

Don't think he suits our hard grafting style...

Not my favourite channel by any stretch but loads of transfer bits from Downie on here...

Covers Kelly, Trafford, Dubravka, Minteh, Longstaff and more.

No brainer to sell Minteh if we can get 20m+. Helps us massively with FFP and means we might not have to sell any top players. He could turn out to be a superstar at another club that we let go but thats the contradiction of FFP. Its an abomination.

Selling him for £20m would be ridiculous.  £40m I could be reluctantly persauded but £20m would be daft