NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

When we turn in to Bournemouth you mean? :lol:

We'll see. Just remember all this gloating then, and don't start getting angry when it's brought up, as is typically the case.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think it's going to be really interesting looking back at some of these posts in a few months.

Because people don’t want DCL. I’ve seen far more horrendous takes on here :lol:

DCL scores a goal every 3.7 games (based off the last 3 seasons in the PL, when Everton have been really shit). The two seasons before that he scored every 2.1 games, which included a very respectable 16 goal season. I'm assuming we're looking at that period thinking he can replicate that form, taking into account how much of a mess Everton have been recently coupled with his career being so stop/start with his injuries, almost ignoring his more recent goalscoring record.

I'm just happy we're backing our manager. This would be a signing that shows how unified we are behind the scenes.

Given he'd be backup to one of the GOAT's and should only be getting 15/20 mins here and there plus the odd start I think we can manage his fitness. Would still like an elite RW though, think that would be more transformative than anything else at this stage.

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Injuries aside jury is still out on wether he’s any good 

If Isak is staying, we'll find it hard finding better? Someone who can take a bit of the weight off Isak's shoulders and still a good age. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Because people don’t want DCL. I’ve seen far more horrendous takes on here :lol:

I'm not getting into any back and forth about this.

Lets see what happens when the season rolls around.

Jonathan David was rumoured to be £25 million this summer that will be a way better option, he offers so much more and possibility of playing him and Isak up top with them rotating who was coming in short would be immense.

The other player who we have been linked with for a few years in Moukouko from Dortmund, he is currently 3rd choice and likely 4th choice if they get Guirsasay(sp). I reckon like Hall we could get him on a loan with obligation to buy so we can then spend this summer on GK, RCB and RW

Just now, gdm said:

Kelly is fine as a squad member on a free. Trafford is fine is a back up to pope & replacement for Dubravka but the cheap squad players are only acceptable if the signings to upgrade the first team actually do that so here’s hoping they have something spectacular up their sleeve or that City win the court case :lol:

I mean, personally I would be hesitant to think that Trafford could do better than Dubravka, and I think he is championship at best. But if Trafford is going to be good he needs game time. You don’t get good sitting on the bench, but I would not trust him to be effective in the PL.

We desperately need a real 8, a RW, a backup ST that could learn from Isak and don’t mind being on the bench for now, so a young one. And with Kelly’s injury record we absolutely need a CB, although we technically need two cause Schar is sadly not getting younger and Burn is definitely not getting faster. Then we have Lacelles that hopefully will be going.

But that RW position is the most crucial behind having an actual 8 in my opinion. The other parts we might be able to continue for another season since we don’t have Europe.

Interesting to see us, Everton, Villa and Chelsea help each other meet the PSR deadline.

Maatsen to Villa

Chelsea want Duran/Kelleyman

Dobbin + Iroegbunam swap

And now this. Maybe Everton get Wilson in exchange? 

Would be a decent signing but completely uninspiring.

Think we have to take into consideration that at this stage, any striker we sign will know they'll be second fiddle and that significantly limits the pool of quality players we can go for. Even a youngsters who's got a high ceiling could be put off by that fact. 

Not ideal, but understandable. But also a Luke Edwards special so complete bollocks.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We'll see. Just remember all this gloating then, and don't start getting angry when it's brought up, as is typically the case.

It was a bit tounge in cheek.

Of course im not excited about signings such as Kelly, DLC or Trafford. Mostly cause it feels like we can’t afford to have misshapen in the transfer market.

plus it’s cooler to have some names that are Brazilian and Argentinian you know?

either way, can’t do much and just gotta hope that it’s the right moves for the club!

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Isak is staying, we'll find it hard finding better? Someone who can take a bit of the weight off Isak's shoulders and still a good age. 

Think he'd be a great back up striker option. Arguably one of the best in the league. 

It's quite important we have a good one to keep Isak fresh throughout the season, and to give us a legit two striker option at times.

DCL has had one really good manager so far at Everton, in Ancelotti, and he was very good those two years, and that manager raved about him.

His profile as a player fits very well with how we play. Looking forward to seeing this whole thing play out if the move happens.

Think it will be yet another case of people eating their words, but lets see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm not getting into any back and forth about this.

Lets see what happens when the season rolls around.

Don’t then :lol: people can have their opinions without people hoping they can get giddy about the thought of proving them wrong in 6 months time. It’s such weird behaviour if im wrong im happy to say i am, ive been wrong before. If DCL gets injured in his first game i wont be looking for posts from months previous

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Don’t then :lol: people can have their opinions without people hoping they can get giddy about the thought of proving them wrong in 6 months time. It’s such weird behaviour if im wrong im happy to say i am, ive been wrong before. If DCL gets injured in his first game i wont be looking for posts from months previous

It's calm man. Lets see what happens.

5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Would be a decent signing but completely uninspiring.

In all honesty if he can stay fit this is probably where I sit on it. 

Just now, Geogaddi said:

It's a strange one as he's no better than Wilson , if he's cheap though I suppose he's not a bad backup option for when Isak is injured.

No better yet Wilson is international class and wouldn't be here if it weren't for injuries.

Just now, KaKa said:

It's calm man. Lets see what happens.

I don’t think it’ll happen tbh we are linked with him every window and usually by Edwards 

Always rated DCL as a player. His injuries have cost him a few years. It's up to Howe to once again prove the naysayers wrong and reshape him.

I haven't clicked the Torygraph article, so could someone explain the financial side?