NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Wouldn’t mind signing Trafford and DCL if PSR wasn’t a thing as they are good depth but if this hampers our prospects of signing top players at RW and CB, where we really need it, then I am quite concerned. 

Will reserve full judgement until the transfer window closes but it is a bit of a come down from the, albeit very slim, prospects of signing Olise! 

If DCL was able to be fully fit I still struggle a bit with understanding what his role would be in the team. Isak is our star striker. DCL is a fairly traditional striker with good movement but he’d have to occupy the Centre Forward position as he can’t drop deep or do the build up play so what’s the plan? That he only comes on when Isak comes off? E.g. he’s a sub? He’s good enough (if he has a clean bill of health) to be a starting striker for over half the teams in the premier league but not for us. I’m a bit baffled by this one 

Rather than the injuries, I think the more worrying thing is that he has scored 14 league goals in last the 3 seasons combined. 

If true then I’m disappointed. Hes a good player but a crock. Will cost a canny bit too.

Keep Howe away from transfers. Love him and thinks he’s done class here, but all the evidence points to him not being very imaginative in the market 

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

So Howe is full in control over transfers then, he's wanted DCL for a while. Not a fan but willing to give him a chance.

I'd be all in for DCL if it weren't for the injuries. Wonder what the word in the game is as regards that, is he inury prone ot been unlucky ?

Edited by madras

2 minutes ago, soyt said:

Rather than the injuries, I think the more worrying thing is that he has scored 14 league goals in last the 3 seasons combined. 

Exactly! Awful record!

Also another depressing article from Edwards where it mentions the need to sell and that Minteh will probably be off. My only hope is that we need to raise some funds before the end of this month and that from July we can throw another £80m to £100m about. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

If true then I’m disappointed. Hes a good player but a crock. Will cost a canny bit too.

Keep Howe away from transfers. Love him and thinks he’s done class here, but all the evidence points to him not being very imaginative in the market 

Does it?  Are you suggesting that Howe is responsible for signing the British players while someone else is responsible for the Isak, Bruno, Botman etc ?

although, doesn't Luke often announce we're closing in on [insert red herring] before we actually pull out an amazing alternative transfer instead?

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If DCL was able to be fully fit I still struggle a bit with understanding what his role would be in the team. Isak is our star striker. DCL is a fairly traditional striker with good movement but he’d have to occupy the Centre Forward position as he can’t drop deep or do the build up play so what’s the plan? That he only comes on when Isak comes off? E.g. he’s a sub? He’s good enough (if he has a clean bill of health) to be a starting striker for over half the teams in the premier league but not for us. I’m a bit baffled by this one 

You'd just stick with Wilson, he's likely to play as many games or more, score more, and knows the coach, system, and teammates etc inside out. 

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Pope

Bruno

Botman

Isak

Tonali

Nowt to do with Howe then?

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

You'd just stick with Wilson, he's likely to play as many games or more, score more, and knows the coach, system, and teammates etc inside out. 

There's an argument he'd score more goals but the idea Wilson would play as many games is fanciful

If our summer signings are Trafford, DCL & Kelly the RW signing better be fuckin incredible coz so far that’s business albeit cheap and with potential I’d expect a mid table side to do 

One really bad season with his hamstring (which he didn't have last season), the other big injuries look like bad luck rather than injury proneness (broken toe, cheekbone). Certainly no better or worse than a lot of players. We'd sign no fucker. 

Screenshot_20240622-104534.thumb.png.700e3fa68ca825b4b831b5b84746d6b5.png

Just now, gdm said:

If our summer signings are Trafford, DCL & Kelly the RW signing better be fuckin incredible coz so far that’s business albeit cheap and with potential I’d expect a mid table side to do 

What a depressing window it is if it only is with brexit signings. And not even good ones at that with that list :lol:. Kelly there is an argument to be had, I bet he will be injured before the season starts though.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

One really bad season with his hamstring (which he didn't have last season), the other big injuries look like bad luck rather than injury proneness (broken toe, cheekbone). Certainly no better or worse than a lot of players. We'd sign no fucker. 

Screenshot_20240622-104534.thumb.png.700e3fa68ca825b4b831b5b84746d6b5.png

Injuries aside jury is still out on wether he’s any good 

Just now, KaKa said:

Think it's going to be really interesting looking back at some of these posts in a few months.

When we turn in to Bournemouth you mean? :lol:

1 minute ago, worthy said:

What a depressing window it is if it only is with brexit signings. And not even good ones at that with that list :lol:. Kelly there is an argument to be had, I bet he will be injured before the season starts though.

Kelly is fine as a squad member on a free. Trafford is fine is a back up to pope & replacement for Dubravka but the cheap squad players are only acceptable if the signings to upgrade the first team actually do that so here’s hoping they have something spectacular up their sleeve or that City win the court case :lol: