NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, madras said:

Did anyone watch him that much last season or are going purely off YT and basic stats ?

Nowhere near as much as the manager did that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Did anyone watch him that much last season or are going purely off YT and basic stats ?

Quite a lot on here, his thread was updated regularly during match days.

Being restricted by FFP is tough, but I'm seeing some irony in going for some really injury prone players after the season we've just had.[emoji38] Don't get me wrong, they might just be good signings. It's just a bit ironic. I'm guessing it's the price to performance ratio we're thinking about here, especially with those who are probably not going to be regular starters anyways (Kelly and DCL). Saying all this assuming that the DCL, Neto and/or the Olise rumours are true.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

What would in effect be a Minteh DCL swap would be nothing short of Championship level management. Unbecoming of a side looking to be the very best

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

but I'm seeing some irony in going for some really injury prone players after the season we've just had.

Thats a valid concern. Kelly, DCL and potentially Neto. 

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Being restricted by FFP is tough, but I'm seeing some irony in going for some really injury prone players after the season we've just had.[emoji38] Don't get me wrong, they might just be good signings. It's just a bit ironic. I'm guessing it's the price to performance ratio we're thinking about here, especially when they're probably not going to be regular starters anyways. Assuming that the DCL rumours and/or the Olise rumours are true, that is.

Another big worry.  bringing in players who already have a poor injury record to come in to a high intensity team. I know we intend to keep the ball more, but I still imagine we’ll be a team that works hard.

The sort of deal you’d expect a Moyes, Allardyce and Bruce to pull off, but because it’s Eddie it’ll turn out ok.

Wood didn’t turn into anymore than the sum of his parts and this crock won’t either.

The intensity Howe wants to train and play at, the 2 moves so far leave a lot of question marks and the obsession with PL based players just all looks a little bit playing it safe if I’m being extremely kind at best.

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pains me to say it, but what was probably needed was for us to lose one of Bruno or Isak to an Arsenal and/or Man City because we had no other option, to really sober up some folks on here. 

You’re putting the discourse on here above the success of the club, which seems an odd order of priorities.

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Another big worry.  bringing in players who already have a poor injury record to come in to a high intensity team. I know we intend to keep the ball more, but I still imagine we’ll be a team that works hard.

It's quite puzzling. Most of us agreed that we need to get rid of a couple of injury prone players last season, especially since they can't keep up with our style. Can't really figure out why they would want to look almost exclusively at injury prone players in this window. All I can think of is hoping that the injury problems could drag the price down, and that we then get lucky with them not being injured too much.

Edited by Erikse

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Quite a lot on here, his thread was updated regularly during match days.

Yeah I watched quite a lot and don't get the weeping and wailing on here if he were to move for a decent price.

Genuinely be gutted if Minteh ends up at Everton never mind the fact we don’t even get money for him we get DCL. No wonder Everton fans are laughing 

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

You’re putting the discourse on here above the success of the club, which seems an odd order of priorities.

Fortunately the club are going to continue to do what's best and keep on with the progress they have made since taking over, so no need to worry.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Genuinely be gutted if Minteh ends up at Everton never mind the fact we don’t even get money for him we get DCL. No wonder Everton fans are laughing 

When the real action starts they'll be crying again, like they have been over Gordon.

55 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Gone from apparently wanting Mamardashvilli, Tosin, Kelly and Olise to possibly getting Trafford, Kelly and DCL with a talented youngster potentially leaving. Not the most exciting starts to the window and selling Minteh without even taking a look at him feels like a potentially huge mistake. 

This. I’ve got faith in the club but the desired model of buy low-sell high to create the PSR room to challenge the Sinister 6 gap will be a struggle with a British based transfer policy. Our two most saleable assets are players we bought from Top 5 leagues and allowed to thrive. 

What % of Twatter rumours about who NUFC are trying to sign ever amount to anything?

Less than 5% would be my confident estimate

Yet people still lap up the bullshit. It’s like watching gullible idiots queue up to get their palms read by Gypsy Rose Lee  

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

This. I’ve got faith in the club but the desired model of buy low-sell high to create the PSR room to challenge the Sinister 6 gap will be a struggle with a British based transfer policy. Our two most saleable assets are players we bought from Top 5 leagues and allowed to thrive. 

A point worth reemphasizing - buy low sell high is, in effect, spinning your wheels when you're paying England/PL mark-up fees for your targets

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

What % of Twatter rumours about who NUFC are trying to sign ever amount to anything?

Less than 5% would be my confident estimate

Yet people still lap up the bullshit. It’s like watching gullible idiots queue up to get their palms read by Gypsy Rose Lee  

All put out there as fact without a quote in sight. But hey that’ll keep ‘em busy over the weekend. 

In an ffp world I don't know what else the club is supposed to do. You have to sell to buy and you cant sell players nobody wants. Even Man City do this, Chelsea practically live off it.  The red clubs seem to not have to, surprise surprise.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

When the real action starts they'll be crying again, like they have been over Gordon.

Minteh going for £40m hopefully to another league I can handle. Bringing in DCL as cover for Isak I can accept and see value in but swapping minteh to Everton for DCL I just can’t get on board with it makes no sense. I hate everything about it. 

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why won't we get any money for him? [emoji38]

It's pretty obvious the whole point of this deal is because of PSR for both clubs. Similar to Villa and Everton and Villa and Chelsea suddenly wanting to sign players from each other.