NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Minteh going for £40m hopefully to another league I can handle. Bringing in DCL as cover for Isak I can accept and see value in but swapping minteh to Everton for DCL I just can’t get on board with it makes no sense. I hate everything about it. 

Well the teams they're trying to do in for PSR, have figured out some work around with these two way deals, so it is what it is. Chelsea and Villa are pulling the same stunt at the minute.

It's either that or one of Bruno or Isak leave, because it doesn't look like anyone is coming forward for our garbage quick enough.

And so, pick your poison.

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Minteh going for £40m hopefully to another league I can handle. Bringing in DCL as cover for Isak I can accept and see value in but swapping minteh to Everton for DCL I just can’t get on board with it makes no sense. I hate everything about it. 

im with this line of thought. 

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Why won't we get any money for him? [emoji38]

It's pretty obvious the whole point of this deal is because of PSR for both clubs. Similar to Villa and Everton and Villa and Chelsea suddenly wanting to sign players from each other. 

I imagine but just a guess Everton likely value DCL the same if not more than we do minteh so if we do get any money for him it won’t be much 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well the teams they're trying to do in for PSR, have figured out some work around with these two way deals, so it is what it is. Chelsea and Villa are pulling the same stunt at the minute.

It's either that or one of Bruno or Isak leave, because it doesn't look like anyone is coming forward for our garbage quick enough.

And so, pick your poison.

Again, I’ve made my position clear I’d rather roll the dice on Wilson’s fitness than bring in DCL and roll the dice on his. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Again, I’ve made my position clear I’d rather roll the dice on Wilson’s fitness than bring in DCL and roll the dice on his. 

That's a huge call. I definitely wouldn't do that.

Just now, KaKa said:

Okay, great. And then what do we do regarding FFP and PSR, with 8 days to go?

Well this is what the professionals should have fucking had an idea how to solve a while ago. They should have known how we are in regards to FFP and PSR - if not they should honest to god just quit their job.

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

I imagine but just a guess Everton likely value DCL the same if not more than we do minteh so if we do get any money for him it won’t be much 

We don't need the 'money' we need the profit on the books . So if say the figures were £20m each we'd be making a decent profit for this financial year. It's why people suggesting loaning them Minteh wouldn't work and why all the clubs who've pushed the limit of PSR are seemingly trying to do deals with each other in the last week of June. 

Minteh could be the next big thing and become a superstar but he could also be at a point where his stock is as high as it is ever likely to be and we are cashing in on a player who is as of yet unproven at the top level and bringing in a PL proven goalscorer that we believe we can improve/get back on track while also giving ourselves PSR headroom. It's all balancing probabilities and expected value, I have very little insight on it and it could go either way but I can see the logic, even if it's fairly uninspiring stuff.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Well this is what the professionals should have fucking had an idea how to solve a while ago. They should have known how we are in regards to FFP and PSR - if not they should honest to god just quit their job.

Yes, the awful professionals that brought Isak and Bruno and everyone else that has pushed the club into the Champions League to the club.

And who also signed a kid for £5 million odd that is now going to be the solution to keeping all those already proven players in house.

Yes, sack them all.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

We don't need the 'money' we need the profit on the books . So if say the figures were £20m each we'd be making a decent profit for this financial year. It's why people suggesting loaning them Minteh wouldn't work and why all the clubs who've pushed the limit of PSR are seemingly trying to do deals with each other in the last week of June. 

I see. Thank you. I wasn’t connecting the dots there. I understand now. Makes sense I guess. Still would hate to lose minteh to another premier league club and I don’t want DCL. End of day doesn’t matter what I want or don’t want 

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, the awful professionals that brought Isak and Bruno and everyone else that has pushed the club into the Champions League to the club.

And who also signed a kid for £5 million odd that is now going to be the solution to keeping all those already proven players in house.

Yes, sack them all.

The way you put it before taking out the strawman bullshit like you so often do. Is that they had no other option but to sell him. That means they didnt plan, they didnt think, they didnt structure, they didnt estimate, they didnt report. So what did they do then?

Just now, worthy said:

The way you put it before taking out the strawman bullshit like you so often do. Is that they had no other option but to sell him. That means they didnt plan, they didnt think, they didnt structure, they didnt estimate, they didnt report. So what did they do then?

At this point I genuinely have no idea what you are on about. So fewm away man.

I think enough people on here have tried to explain the situation but you clearly know better so have at it.

Would people be happy with a window that looked like the below? 

IN

Kelly

Trafford

DCL

Neto/Raphinha

Diomande

Archie Gray

OUT

Dubs

Wilson

Almiron

longstaff

Minteh (with buy back)

got to look at the DCL and Minteh business in the context of entire window. 

Edited by captainhaircut

Just now, KaKa said:

At this point I genuinely have no idea what you are on about. So fewm away man.

I think enough people on here have tried to explain the situation but you clearly know better so have at it.

You said "with 8 days to solve the PSR and FFP problem, what else are they going to do" - That means you believe they have no other option cause thats the only way to solve it with 8 days left before the fisical is done. So what did they do beforehand then, why couldnt it be solved before? And before you answer in your sweat way. If they tried, then they did a fucking terrible job trying.

1 minute ago, captainhaircut said:

Would people be happy with a window that looked like the below? 

IN

Kelly

Trafford

DCL

Neto/Raphinha

Diomande

Archie Gray

OUT

Dubs

Wilson

Almiron

longstaff

Minteh (with buy back)

Great window.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

You said "with 8 days to solve the PSR and FFP problem, what else are they going to do" - That means you believe they have no other option cause thats the only way to solve it with 8 days left before the fisical is done. So what did they do beforehand then, why couldnt it be solved before? And before you answer in your sweat way. If they tried, then they did a fucking terrible job trying.

I mentioned 8 days to the person that said we should keep Minteh, and who didn't have any other viable solution.

You have no idea what the club have been doing behind the scenes. It seems a lot of you think Minteh is the next great world beater. Well maybe the club don't agree, and the plan has always been to flip him to avert the FFP/PSR issue, as interest would have started being declared ages ago.