NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Its the way they are insisting its a thing, seen nothing at all to suggest we are after him. Ironically they kick off over any rumours the opposite way

Aye they do :lol:

They also slag off other channels for throwing around rumours without substance, justifying their own rumours because they've been reported in the press.

14 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

He's far superior, as-is, to Schar at cb, who's fantastic mind. Room would be made for him in the starting xi were he to come here (pretty skeptical of the link).

Presume he'd partner Schar this year with Botman likely to be slow to get back up to speed.

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

They also slag off other channels for throwing around rumours without substance, justifying their own rumours because they've been reported in the press.

Currently trying to stoke up the fear mongers about AS leaving, am assuming they get paid for eachsuperchat they receive? :lol:

Seems like the expensive alternative to Hawk Thiaw.

I don't doubt we've genuinely had contact - profile is pretty much perfect if you're looking for a young right sided CB.

He is a very big “name”. Has great qualities and potential. Worth to keep in mind is that since he broke onto the big stage properly his development has stagnated somewhat. He hasn’t really kicked on as expected. 

Edited by Ikon

13 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Currently trying to stoke up the fear mongers about AS leaving, am assuming they get paid for eachsuperchat they receive? :lol:

All youtube channels seem to do the same wrt reading out paid messages tbh. I tend to just skip forward to the parts where Alex (or Statto as they call him) does the in depth reviews of possible targets. Even then I will only watch the ones where the interest has firmed up. He's very thorough and knows his stuff so sometimes worth a watch.

Be highly surprised we move for anyone until the Alnwick castle summit thinking about it. I’m sure Mitchell will want to hit the ground running, wouldn’t surprise me if some of Staveleys role was assumed by him on the recruitment side. 

Hoping for a pleasant surprise as most of the names linked have left me feeling either a bit underwhelmed or are just totally unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Down to the rumours from yesterday.

The way that knacka clickbait headlines his videos has us signing Thiaw and David. Best muted.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Down to the rumours from yesterday.

Still think he is the perfect Wilson replacement and rumoured $25m is nothing.

Had a dissapointing Copa though. Think he is knackered. Well off the pace against Argentina.

3 hours ago, jigen said:

Jonathan Davis scores (in France) but his overall game is poor. In PL at best he could be a squad player. 

Guessing your gonna suggest Cherki as an alternative? 

4 hours ago, jigen said:

Jonathan Davis scores (in France) but his overall game is poor. In PL at best he could be a squad player. 

No idea who this Jonathan Davis is, but we've not been linked to him.

53 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Paul Mitchell brought him to Monaco in 2020. Maybe we should just hijack him instead of Thiaw.

1.94m tall crazy serb > 1.94m tall mellow german

19 hours ago, TRon said:

I think if we’ve learned anything this last few weeks, the club have a very very tight grip on what info comes out of the club. Nobody had a clue about Mitchell joining until it happened, same with the Staveley news yesterday. I’d go as far as to say what the press reports in terms of our business isn’t worth a wank anymore. We’ll know we’ve signed someone when the club want us to know and that’s it.