NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No it isn't true. He's played and been used more on the right in his career, and there is no difference in the production from either side.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wilfried-gnonto/leistungsdaten/spieler/627626

Have you watched him or are you just going off stats from when he was a youth player?

He was very good in the Prem on the left,  then he threw his toys out the pram at Leeds and lost his place to Summerville. It's clear he's a better player on the left than right

Just now, joeyt said:

Have you watched him or are you just going off stats from when he was a youth player?

He was very good in the Prem on the left,  then he threw his toys out the pram at Leeds and lost his place to Summerville. It's clear he's a better player on the left than right

Yes, I have watched him. It seems you haven't though, and are just going off of his stint in the Prem on the left.

He's just as good either side and either cuts in or goes on the outside, as he's very good with both feet.

If you don't believe the numbers that don't back your claims since they are just 'stats' then you can easily pull up numerous clips where he is causing problems from that right side, as hes played there more often.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, I have watched him. It seems you haven't though, and are just going off of his stint in the Prem on the left.

He's just as good either side and either cuts in or goes on the outside, as he's very good with both feet.

If you don't believe the numbers that don't back your claims since they are just 'stats' then you can easily pull up numerous clips where he is causing problems from that right side, as hes played there more often.

I've specifically said the best season of his career was in the Prem and he wasn't as good in the championship where he regularly got replaced by Dan James. 

This is off watching quite a lot of Leeds in the Championship last season not just YouTube clips or transfermarkt  stats

Edited by joeyt

He played well up here when we drew 0-0 (I think), he was causing us problems, especially first half. I tend to watch a fair bit of Leeds, because my mate supports them. I think his shooting is a bit weak, but he's so young and that'll probably improve. Would be a decent acquisition at the right price, but a squad filler for me.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I've specifically said the best season of his career was in the Prem and he wasn't as good in the championship where he regularly got replaced by Dan James. 

This is off watching quite a lot of Leeds in the Championship last season not just YouTube clips or transfermarkt  stats

He regularly got replaced by Dan James because James started the season well on the right when Gnonto was in the doghouse for trying to force a move, and wasn't in the team, and didn't get going till later in the season.

Funnily enough I have a telly too, and was able to watch Leeds in the Championship as well, miraculously enough.

I do think he’d be a very good player under Howe, he’s an extremely busy footballer. I’ve never seen him play on the right though and he’d have to play there. Has anyone watched him down in the championship?

Gnonto whilst being pacy and direct also plays on the edge a bit like Gordon does as well, gets his foot in with lots of industry and isn't a stranger to a yellow card.

Definitely could see why Eddie would like him, just a shame he can't play footy in a pair of Cuban heels cos he'd probably struggle to win headers against the Bolton fans on the stag do in Phoenix Nights.

there’s no chance gnonto gets a starting place in any of the ‘big six’ sides which is where we are aiming for. 

psr reasons aside I’d rather have kept minteh than buy Gnonto tbh 

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

there’s no chance gnonto gets a starting place in any of the ‘big six’ sides which is where we are aiming for. 

psr reasons aside I’d rather have kept minteh than buy Gnonto tbh 

We wouldn't be buying him to start though.

Word seems to be we want a first choice RW and a young versatile striker. Pretty sure we'd be buying Gnonto as the latter.

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

We wouldn't be buying him to start though.

Word seems to be we want a first choice RW and a young versatile striker. Pretty sure we'd be buying Gnonto as the latter.

That’s guesswork on your behalf to be fair. We’ve no idea if we’d buy him to be the starting RW or not 

he’s only played as striker a handful of times in his career so I’ll be amazed if we see him as back up to Isak 

Edited by gdm

I don’t buy that we’re after Gnonto. He doesn’t fit the profile of a first choice RW and he’s not really a centre forward. I would’ve thought whoever we bring in as backup to Isak will have some physical presence. DCL at least made sense in that respect.

Agent waffle IMO.

Edited by Kimbo

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s guesswork on your behalf to be fair. We’ve no idea I’ve we’d buy him to be the starting RW or not 

And we've no idea he can play as a striker alternative either

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

You only have to watch him to see how much better he is down the left than the right, he didn’t have a particularly good season for Leeds in the Championship compared to Summerville and Rutter, so we would be buying potential.

He would make sense if we were selling both Almiron and Murphy but I wouldn’t have much faith in him as first choice RW or as Wilson’s replacement.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

And we've no idea he can play as a striker alternative either

Yes exactly he hasn’t done it often I’d find it strange signing him and trying to mould him in to a striker replacement rather than just signing a striker 

10 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Isn’t even Leeds’ best winger

Yeah but he’s like 20. That’s like saying Miley isn’t even our best midfielder. 

I really like Gnonto, but can see why people would be a bit deflated if he was to be our marquee rw transfer this summer.