NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Probably not that much given that we already spent £30m on Hall. I can see the PSR scare resulting in more restricted spending as well.

I think a new striker depends on selling Wilson, if that doesn’t happen then no new striker. Then maybe max £60/70m combined for the RW and CB, but again I think we need Almiron out for this. I can see us doing another loan to buy next summer if we don’t get the sales we want.

I think, or maybe more hope, that people will be pleasantly surprised with how much we have to spend. The PSR problems were because we had two £70m losses and therefore needed a profit for last year of £35m which we have made despite having a transfer outlay in total. Therefore, for this year we now have a loss of presumably around £35m in total for the two years in question and therefore can now make a £70m loss again for PSR. With our increased revenues that should see us being able to spend a decent amount with the potential for it to be topped up with some player sales. 

We of course have to keep in mind that amortisation costs for all our big signings are still going through the books, but I still reckon we will have north of £100m in total to spend.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I have a small follow up piece of information to this (sadly no name though). Apparently Howe has vetoed the sale of Miggy and wants the club to offer him a new contract instead. He wants the "new" RW to compete with Almiron rather than replace him ???

Compete how? See if he can run into clear space then double back to try and get it on his left foot?

10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If the money works I'd be in full support of Miggy as a super sub. He could be very useful and I don't think he'd kick up a fuss.

But then surely we'd look to sell Murphy to a promoted or Championship team?

One of them has to be sold, we can't afford to keep around two right wingers on the bench if we want to make room for one who is CL standard.

6 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Aye it always ruins the game for me when a player scores a dramatic late worldie to win but he didnt do 34 stepovers first after spending the rest of the match falling over

Should have ran to the crowd and shouted "WHO ELSE?" 

3 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Probably not that much given that we already spent £30m on Hall. I can see the PSR scare resulting in more restricted spending as well.

I think a new striker depends on selling Wilson, if that doesn’t happen then no new striker. Then maybe max £60/70m combined for the RW and CB, but again I think we need Almiron out for this. I can see us doing another loan to buy next summer if we don’t get the sales we want.

Hall shouldn't make much difference.

Was reported as £4m loan fee and £24m to make permanent.

2023-24 season loan cost: £4m recognised all in year

Amortisation cost/year: £24m/5 years = £4.8m recognised/year for the next 5 years

Should only be an annual increase of £800k cost in our accounts this year if the reported loan & permanent fee were correct.

5 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I have a small follow up piece of information to this (sadly no name though). Apparently Howe has vetoed the sale of Miggy and wants the club to offer him a new contract instead. He wants the "new" RW to compete with Almiron rather than replace him ???

How does a “marquee signing” not replace Almiron? Slightly confusing.

10 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I can see the logic in this.

10 hours ago, Vaj said:

I think, or maybe more hope, that people will be pleasantly surprised with how much we have to spend. The PSR problems were because we had two £70m losses and therefore needed a profit for last year of £35m which we have made despite having a transfer outlay in total. Therefore, for this year we now have a loss of presumably around £35m in total for the two years in question and therefore can now make a £70m loss again for PSR. With our increased revenues that should see us being able to spend a decent amount with the potential for it to be topped up with some player sales. 

We of course have to keep in mind that amortisation costs for all our big signings are still going through the books, but I still reckon we will have north of £100m in total to spend.

Our revenues aren’t likely to increase much this year unless the vaunted new commercial deals make an appearance