NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I’d be happy with Bobb on loan. My stance is pretty much that I don’t think we should take loans but we obviously sailed extremely close to the wind financially last year. If we can bring in a high quality loanee with the potential to try and make it permanent then we should do it. If it’s not possible to make it permanent then I still think there’s a pragmatic argument even though it’s shit to develop other team’s players, especially City’s 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I’d be happy with Bobb on loan. My stance is pretty much that I don’t think we should take loans but we obviously sailed extremely close to the wind financially last year. If we can bring in a high quality loanee with the potential to try and make it permanent then we should do it. If it’s not possible to make it permanent then I still think there’s a pragmatic argument even though it’s shit to develop other team’s players, especially City’s 

So we could look to save a Bobb or two in the long run...

I don’t think, at the position we’re in now, Howe would consider taking a player on loan without a realistic chance of getting them permanently (other than in an emergency).

We’ve seen his attitude towards anyone he feels isn’t ’fully invested’ in NUFC (Fraser, Ashworth etc) and can a loan player ever fit that criteria if they know they’re only here for a season?

City only tend to loan with an intention to sell don’t they? Youngster who they deem good enough (Foden, Lewis etc) just have to be squad players until they win their spot.

Palmer was desperate for a loan iirc?  Maybe Bobb is the same that he simply wants first team football 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

City only tend to loan with an intention to sell don’t they? Youngster who they deem good enough (Foden, Lewis etc) just have to be squad players until they win their spot.

Palmer was desperate for a loan iirc?  Maybe Bobb is the same that he simply wants first team football 

That is a fair point actually. I can’t think of anyone from their squad that’s been out on loan, then come back and been integrated into the team.

If we do loan him it would be with a view to a permanent. 

Probably enquired about him with Savio joining them from Girona/Troyes. 

Still a far few ahead of him as options for that right side in Silva, Savio and Foden.

Edited by KaKa

Think any loans we do from now on will always been with an obligation to buy. Eddie won’t risk having players who aren’t 100% committed to the long-term. Would be interested in Bobb but prob not as our main wide forward signing. Lots of potential with serious re-sell value. FWIW the replies from City fans there suggest they are loathe to let him go. 

Edited by Joelinton7

Just now, Skeletor said:

Aye, would be an honour to return him to City a much better player at the end of the season.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Bobb looks class, but fuck blooding him for City.

Loan with obligation to buy only guys! Relaaaaax

That Citeh "ITK" is talking about a Bob loan only as part of a deal for them to buy Bruno.

If you read his other tweets today he's saying Bruno is desperate to join them and city could offer players on loan to persuade us.

Probs full of shit.   I hope

1 minute ago, ianbeany said:

That Citeh "ITK" is talking about a Bob loan only as part of a deal for them to buy Bruno.

If you read his other tweets today he's saying Bruno is desperate to join them and city could offer players on loan to persuade us.

That’s the same Twitter rumour that we heard over a month ago. Poppycock.

20 minutes ago, ianbeany said:

Wow, they found a way to make it worse.