NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

39 minutes ago, jigen said:

39 minutes ago, jigen said:

He is slow in the change of direction and acceleration. He is not quick.

This is the gol of Thuram against Thiaw. You can see his weakness. 

No where near as bad as you make out, makes me doubt your opinion going forward. 

Edited by Ronson333

1 hour ago, jigen said:

Tbf if Thiaw is slow with that clip as evidence then so is Thuram.  Judging by the lines in the grass, Thuram doesn’t gain on him. As for change of direction, Thiaw didn’t look great but that shot was a worldy. Thuram could have another 20 goes I reckon and not score that one again.

Edited by Lotus

25 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Worst analysis of a clip i've seen in ages. 

I watched it expecting to see something bad. Instead, I see a player for a team down 4-1, probably could have gotten a bit tighter, made more of a challenge, but the clip itself shows absolutely nothing of value in "scouting" the player. 

You can make almost any player look good or bad based on a selective edit of their performances. It's hard to YouTube scout without watching full games, especially for defenders, when so much of their activity goes unseen or undiscussed on the TV broadcast.

1 hour ago, jigen said:

Hmmm yeah that’s shocking defending. Had to show him down the wing rather than let him cut inside, then was slow once he did cut inside.

Hopefully just a one off and he isn’t always like that.

2 hours ago, jigen said:

:lol: He's plenty quick, he unfortunately left too much space between him and Thuram which gave him time to score a borderline worldie. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Mitchell supposed to be doing a squad audit, that may explain it as frustrating as it is.

Definitely to some extent. Having said that I think we’ve been quite “slow” in earlier windows. We don’t usually get any deals done early in the windows. (From the top of my head/overall feeling) 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Definitely to some extent. Having said that I think we’ve been quite “slow” in earlier windows. We don’t usually get any deals done early in the windows. (From the top of my head/overall feeling) 

We are quite slow in everything we do tbh, not just transfers. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We have signed four new players n'all, excluding Hall. Obviously none of them are exciting (though Kelly might be a solid signing) but it's not strictly true to say there's been nowt.

I think the point is “real” signings. Even Howe himself doesn’t see it as we’ve done “a lot” or any proper transfers yet that kind of count. They obviously count but the bigger picture is that we haven’t really done much yet. Hall was more or less done last season and Kelly on a free plus one Gak for the squad and one oldie to make up numbers? 

Edited by Ikon

I think we’re just not at the top of the food chain for the pool of players we’re after, so we have to wait around a bit until the clubs that are at the top have made moves. That’s my theory anyway.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think the point is “real” signings. Even Howe himself doesn’t see it as we’ve done “a lot” or any proper transfers yet that kind of count. They obviously count but the bigger picture is that we haven’t really done much yet. Hall was more or less done last season and Kelly on a free plus one Gak for the squad and one oldie to make up numbers? 

What we've done so far just amounts to housekeeping.

Just now, Kimbo said:

I think we’re just not at the top of the food chain for the pool of players we’re after, so we have to wait around a bit until the clubs that are at the top have made moves. That’s my theory anyway.

Definitely one of the reasons 👍

For those who whinge about our lack of activity and speed in the transfer market. Please give me a list of realistic players who would come to the club (ambition/fee size/wage amount considered) that have went to another club already in this window that you wanted?