NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Well, going from what people are saying on here, seems a really exciting signing. Really good age too - good experience but still got some years ahead of him.

Really like that he can play upfront too and looks very good in the air. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Suffice to say I would be very much up for us recruiting an exciting Argentinian winger called Gonzalez to the squad.

Seems similar to Kily Gonzalez in style albeit I think Kily played on the left which was the norm back in the day 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Why does this  end the anticipation?

He might be ready to move on now and they may want to raise funds this summer?

I thought he was referring to seeing a Romano tweet about Nico Gonzalez and for a second got excited thinking it might be related to a Newcastle bid

I don’t think him signing a new contract last summer necessarily means he won’t move this summer

30 minutes ago, STM said:

Saying that transfer rumours are quiet? :lol:

Not what you said.

"What's really strange is the lack of any movement, incoming or outgoing. There's just nowt."

Was laughing at because there is no rumors that there is no movement at all.  

Sure there is plenty going on in the background 😊 

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Not what you said.

"What's really strange is the lack of any movement, incoming or outgoing. There's just nowt."

Was laughing at because there is no rumors that there is no movement at all.  

Sure there is plenty going on in the background 😊 

Fuck me, pedantic much :lol:

18 minutes ago, NWMag said:

It’s funny, just generally not saying your right or wrong, but I’ve never seen this guy play, I’ve seen you say he doesn’t graft like our lot do, and I saw a tweet saying he works his tits off [emoji38]

I'd caveat my comment by saying I've only seen him a handful of times and I can't say I was watching him specifically. I mainly remember him absolutely loving a shot at any opportunity.

12 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I thought he was referring to seeing a Romano tweet about Nico Gonzalez and for a second got excited thinking it might be related to a Newcastle bid

I don’t think him signing a new contract last summer necessarily means he won’t move this summer

I might be wrong but I think he’s not realised the date and thought it was a recent tweet about him signing a new contract :lol:

It's got to the point now that if I see articles linking us with a player I put it firmly into the 'not going to happen' category. Anytime we've done significant business it's come out of nowhere and these know it all journalists didn't know a thing about any of it. 

Edited by Decky

6 minutes ago, Decky said:

It's got to the point now that if I see articles linking us with a player I put it firmly into the 'not going to happen' category. Anytime we've done significant business it's come out of nowhere and these know it all journalists didn't know a thing about any of it. 

That’s really not the case though, pretty much the majority of our business the press have known about.

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Enjoying there being a couple of rumours, shame they are from the Italian press mind.

Usually take notice when they start mentioning specific details of the bids that have been made whether official or through intermediaries.

This has been the case with both Thiaw and Gonzalez. Both of whom we've strongly been linked with in previous windows.

At a guess I'd say there's some interest in both players.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Are we going to get a mental August for transfers? Just feels in general in the premier league, not much is happening and it’s going to explode soon.

I reckon its been written in as part of Sky broadcast deal that clubs have to wait until as close to last minute as possible. Then the yellow tie brigade get their SSN drama 

Just now, KaKa said:

Usually take notice when they start mentioning specific details of the bids that have been made whether official or through intermediaries.

This has been the case with both Thiaw and Gonzalez. Both of whom we've strongly been linked with in previous windows.

At a guess I'd say there's some interest in both players.

Fingers crossed, reluctant to believe to much until somewhere more reliable pick it up.