NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

How does it not? You want me to give you some names? You don’t think 300m allows us to strengthen our team..?

Yes exactly that! remember we aren’t in Europe and we would be competing with teams all over Europe and here from a tiny  pool of players available so who would be good enough to replace Isak?

Just now, Bondedcrown said:

Yes exactly that! remember we aren’t in Europe and we would be competing with teams all over Europe and here from a tiny  pool of players available so who would be good enough to replace Isak?

We could offer first team football in a club going place and competing for CL though, so we’d be an attractive proposition for young players on the verge of breaking through. You want some names? How about the likes of Evan Ferguson, Sesko, Mokouko, etc. I’m sure our scouts could find a suitable replacement if money was hardly an object.

it’s just an example though. I’m not even advocating selling an Isak or a Bruno, just pointing out that Eales said that is what we plan to do, so you’d better brace yourself if you think these players are irreplaceable for us.

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

We could offer first team football in a club going place and competing for CL though, so we’d be an attractive proposition for young players on the verge of breaking through. You want some names? How about the likes of Evan Ferguson, Sesko, Mokouko, etc. I’m sure our scouts could find a suitable replacement if money was hardly an object.

it’s just an example though. I’m not even advocating selling an Isak or a Bruno, just pointing out that Eales said that is what we plan to do, so you’d better brace yourself if you think these players are irreplaceable for us.

Did he say its what we plan to do or something we may do ?

The thought of replacing Isak with someone like Sesko who looked like a heap of steaming tripe at the Euros (small sample size granted) fills me with dread. Isak guarantees 20+ goals every season, health permitting. He's dynamic and deadly, think we've barely scratched the surface with him. The only central striker I can think of who I could see coming in and doing close to as well would be Osimhen and it's highly debatable if we could attract someone like him without CL football at any rate. Think Isak is top 5 in the world tbh and got him at an amazingly opportunistic time and, with hindsight, at a bargain price really.

31 minutes ago, madras said:

Did he say its what we plan to do or something we may do ?

You tell me.. I have left the full quote on the previous page, but here is the most pertinent bit again for your convenience: “It's difficult to say specifically on certain players, but I can say that, if we're going to get to where we want to get to, at times it is necessary to trade your players.”

NO’s get rid list can now field a team;

Dubs

Trippier

Lascelles

Targett

longstaff

murphy

willock

miggy

Isak

wilson

barnes

& that’s before you get to Lewis, Fraser and Hayden. If someone could call for BDB or Bruno to go it would have a bit more balance though 

Thankfully the season starts quite soon so there’ll be actual games to worry about, instead of the accounts, but it’s getting a bit silly now, it’s a football club not a game of monopoly 

16 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

The thought of replacing Isak with someone like Sesko who looked like a heap of steaming tripe at the Euros (small sample size granted) fills me with dread. Isak guarantees 20+ goals every season, health permitting. He's dynamic and deadly, think we've barely scratched the surface with him. The only central striker I can think of who I could see coming in and doing close to as well would be Osimhen and it's highly debatable if we could attract someone like him without CL football at any rate. Think Isak is top 5 in the world tbh and got him at an amazingly opportunistic time and, with hindsight, at a bargain price really.

I agree. He’s a player that is better than we are as a club as it stands right now, an overperformer. Which is exactly why we may need to cash in if we get an offer that is too good to refuse. It is clear we are not going to be able to continue to attract more players like him by selling our deadwood that nobody wants even if we give them away for free.

2 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

NO’s get rid list can now field a team;

Dubs

Trippier

Lascelles

Targett

longstaff

murphy

willock

miggy

Isak

wilson

barnes

& that’s before you get to Lewis, Fraser and Hayden. If someone could call for BDB or Bruno to go it would have a bit more balance though 

Thankfully the season starts quite soon so there’ll be actual games to worry about, instead of the accounts, but it’s getting a bit silly now, it’s a football club not a game of monopoly 

If that’s what you took from the discussion about Eales’ January quotes you may be in urgent need of some reading comprehension lessons.

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

You tell me.. I have left the full quote on the previous page, but here is the most pertinent bit again for your convenience: “It's difficult to say specifically on certain players, but I can say that, if we're going to get to where we want to get to, at times it is necessary to trade your players.”

That, to me, is different to saying " we plan on doing this" which to me sounds like "sell the crown jewels to reinvest" whereas what he said was more "if the right bid comes in then that's the way it goes". 

1 minute ago, madras said:

That, to me, is different to saying " we plan on doing this" which to me sounds like "sell the crown jewels to reinvest" whereas what he said was more "if the right bid comes in then that's the way it goes". 

How about these then..?

“Under FFP, if you sell a £50m player and bring in an identical one on £50m and the same wages, but amortise over the five years the player you are bringing in, that's only £10m a year so you are creating £40m of headroom,” Eales explained.

“That's the reality of the FFP model. If you are churning players you create more headroom. We have seen lots of examples of this elsewhere. 

“[Philippe] Coutinho at Liverpool and they brought in Allison and Virgil van Dijk. [Jack] Grealish going from Aston Villa [to Manchester City] and they have reinvested and reloaded. Decan Rice at West Ham, it's just the nature of the beast. 

“If you trade players on, it creates more headroom. You have to keep growing that headroom [by] increasing commercial revenue and player trading.”

Player trading is definitely part of the plan, and we can’t rely on there being a Minteh to save our bacon every season. Our star players are not exempt, quite the contrary I’d say. We’re operating a buy low sell high model here to eventually be able to compete properly under these wretched FFP rules.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

How about these then..?

Player trading is definitely part of the plan, and we can’t rely on there being a Minteh to save our bacon every season. Our star players are not exempt, quite the contrary I’d say. We’re operating a buy low sell high model here to eventually be able to compete properly under these wretched FFP rules.

Undoubtedly, but within that there are players you don't want to sell unless the stupid offer comes in. Right now I think it would take more than market value for us to sell Isak.

Told Luke is an absolute arse of a journo

Nothing happening in terms of career

Rumours of him getting sacked inaccurate

I know there is a growing clamour for this 

However he is shite so getting binned is a

Formality, patience is required, serving burgers

Soon

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Here he is, fresh from whipping up hatred against the London mayor.

"I share some of those concerns" Well aye Luke. We haven't signed anyone beyond Lloyd Kelly and two crap keepers.

16 minutes ago, madras said:

Undoubtedly, but within that there are players you don't want to sell unless the stupid offer comes in. Right now I think it would take more than market value for us to sell Isak.

Absolutely, which is why I said >150m, which I think is fair today is more than market value by most objective measures.