NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

we have genuinely gone backwards at this current rate, in what is going to be an even more competitive PL this season.

Whilst I would normally agree wholeheartedly with the 'standing still is going backwards' sentiment, I think our squad next season maybe the exception. The Tonali and injury situation was such that last season I can't think of many/any games we could field a full strength 11. We started pretty strong, albeit with out Willock. But it was all downhill from there. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Almiron wouldn’t go. Trippier didn’t go and it’s not entirely clear why, who else received an offer?

As far as I know we priced Trippier out of the move, we obviously felt he was too important to let go unless we received X amount.

Certainly physically up the job of our 2nd/3rd choice striker. Hopefully Eddie can give him the edge in terms of goal threat.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Certainly physically up the job of our 2nd/3rd choice striker. Hopefully Eddie can give him the edge in terms of goal threat.

What makes you think he’s up to being 2nd choice ? Genuine question btw has he has barely played for sheff Utd so not sure he’s ready to play it isak is injured.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's exactly the right sort of age, profile and price we should be looking at for the backup striker role. Even if Wilson stays and sees his contract out, he has a year to bed in and get up to speed and will undoubtedly get plenty of minutes with us needing to keep Isak right and Wilson's availability.

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we want/need to sell before we can buy, then it’s going to be a disappointing summer (Unless we sell a purple).

That's why I'm not convinced we'll be buying a new RW/striker. Unless there's one available at the right age and price, we might take our chances on rotating Miggy/Murphy/Barnes.

Obviously if we can sell Miggy that will change, but despite all the noises, I'm not convinced the Saudi route is still there, and there's no proper club who'll pay us any sort of money.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What makes you think he’s up to being 2nd choice ? Genuine question btw has he has barely played for sheff Utd so not sure he’s ready to play it isak is injured.

Fair point. Looks like the plan might be to keep Wilson. Of course if Wilson does leave, nothing stopping us going again.

If Mitchell and our existing scouting structure want him then I'd be very happy with the transfer. Luckily our scouts and sporting director work on a bit more of a sophisticated basis than looking at his goals/games ratio on Wikipedia.