NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Never mind - got it wrong

“Newcastle didn’t want to sell Ivan Toney to us, they wanted him to move on loan,” MacAnthony said. “But we don’t loan strikers so we invited Newcastle to share in Ivan’s future success with a sell-on fee.

"They agreed and they wanted 50% of any future transfer profit. That was never going to happen as we were paying a fee for Ivan as well, so we settled on 30%. We paid Newcastle a transfer fee of £350k spread over three years.

"We have received £10 million so far from Brentford and we will receive X amount – I’m not allowed to say the number – of any future profit and Newcastle will receive 30% of what we get from us. We earn money every time Ivan moves and so do Newcastle. That’s how these deals are structured and I’m all for it. It’s like a chain reaction and it’s the best thing.

Edited by Menace

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Ah yes a Reddit post.

Peterborough's CEO has said endless times we dont have a sell on.

it’s hilarious. As if Charnley would have the imagination or foresight to do that deal to get a sell on of a sell on after 2 transfers. Some people live in fantasy land. We are lucky to even have a sell on with Peterborough 

10 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So reading that Peterborough get 30 percent of what Brentford get.

We then get 30 percent of what Peterborough get 

So say it was 100 million (high I know)

They get 30 million.

We then get 9 million of that.

Screenshot_20240819-125413.png

Pure profit here and yet we still sold Minteh smh

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, I've always thought £50 million was a fair fee for Mbeumo.

Brentford won’t quote that price since they know we have that amount of money to bid for Guehi. 70m is more realistic

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Brentford won’t quote that price since they know we have that amount of money to bid for Guehi. 70m is more realistic

Don't be ridiculous.

They'll have their value for Mbeumo, and it won't have anything to do with Guehi.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don't be ridiculous.

They'll have their value for Mbeumo, and it won't have anything to do with Guehi.

That’s not ridiculous. Remember how we negotiate with Liverpool for Carroll? 

Some people have delusions of grandeur when it comes to us buying players, there are only probably 3 or 4 teams on the planet that can almost set there own transfer fees buying or selling, everyone else will pay what the selling team sees fit 

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Gundogan on a free transfer? Opportunist move for 2 year deal do people feel? Experienced head for players like Miley to learn from, and try and get into coaching set up post retirement.

No, it doesn’t make sense for either party. 

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Gundogan on a free transfer? Opportunist move for 2 year deal do people feel? Experienced head for players like Miley to learn from, and try and get into coaching set up post retirement.

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

2 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So reading that Peterborough get 30 percent of what Brentford get.

We then get 30 percent of what Peterborough get 

So say it was 100 million (high I know)

They get 30 million.

We then get 9 million of that.

Screenshot_20240819-125413.png

Free money is free money but feels more likely to be at 50m, so 4.5m, not bad but won’t change the overall picture 

50 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Some people have delusions of grandeur when it comes to us buying players, there are only probably 3 or 4 teams on the planet that can almost set there own transfer fees buying or selling, everyone else will pay what the selling team sees fit 

Well not quite, if the fee isn't right they don't do the deal. 

Just now, Beren said:

All the Chelsea lot are likely to be on megabucks, right?

Apparently not, at least anyone signed in the last 18 months (which is around 40 of them). Supposedly they have a stricter wage structure in place. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Apparently not, at least anyone signed in the last 18 months (which is around 40 of them). Supposedly they have a stricter wage structure in place. 

Probably part of the reason they’re trying to freeze out the likes of Sterling and Chilwell who are on massive money.

Edited by SteV

Of the Barca lot the only one I would really want is Victor Roque. Otherwise I think the wages will be too high and I'd question their motivation as they might perceive joining us as a step down. But Roque is still young and I'd love to see how he'd do under the wing of our boys from Brazil with Howe and Co's coaching.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed