NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

I was in Hull two weeks ago and it has an inaccurate reputation, certainly since the recent city of culture investment. The city centre has some great architecture and the Marina/Humber St area is really nice particularly on a sunny day. I'd also say it is a lot tidier than Newcastle city centre in terms of public realm and general upkeep at the moment. Just a shame it takes places to hit rock bottom in this country before anything gets done about it.

Was saying the same to a lad from there a few weeks back, I was massively suprised when working in Hull for a bit, it's genuinely a decent place :lol:

22 minutes ago, STM said:

Fezzle that's not England mate, Palm trees are a dead giveaway. It's also not a shithole. Fucked that.

Actually my neighbour has a palm tree, stunning Spanish lasses in bikinis is a bigger giveaway. Also stoke is easily the worst place I been to, followed by shitehaven

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Was saying the same to a lad from there a few weeks back, I was massively suprised when working in Hull for a bit, it's genuinely a decent place :lol:

Marina/museum bits fine, their stadium is in a cesspit mind

This has been an absolute failure of a window as it stands and in my humble opinion a centre half signing doesn’t drastically change that either 

image.thumb.png.108121e241012837b5fe924c3d61c45d.png

So we're net €10m positive? 

Signed a GK as a trade deal with the Forest, so we could sell Anderson.

Signed Lewis Hall because we had to. 

Hmm. 

Even if we were/are looking to buy one or two top class players I kind of thought we would be bringing in a couple of “hidden gems” too. We’ve got Osula I guess but yeah. 

10 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Do we not have money from the premier League and other deals? 

What do you think pays our £180m wage bill?

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Now if we are talking about genuinely grim places in that part of the world can I suggest Telford. Basically a few small towns they’ve tried to make a bigger conurbation by putting a shopping centre and retail parks in the middle. Tried to avoid that place like the plague while I lived down there, basically bypassing it and going to Shrewsbury instead, which is another really good night out if you’re ever in that part of the world.

Shrewsbury’s great lovely park and river as well, plenty locals with an affinity to NUFC as well.

If we were to lose today, does everyone think it will accelerate some activity until deadline day?

Wondering if the result today influences anything at all.  Barring any injuries.

24 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Even if we were/are looking to buy one or two top class players I kind of thought we would be bringing in a couple of “hidden gems” too. We’ve got Osula I guess but yeah. 

I know you're talking about players with experience at a decent level (Championship etc), but we've actually signed a few kids of which a few will hopefully come good over the next season or two.

Miodrag Pivas, Mo Sedibeh, James Taylor, Rory Finneran, Ezra Tika-Lemba, Kayden Lucas

have all come in this window.

Last season we brought in Alfie Harrison, Trevan Sanusi, Reece Byrne, Cathal Heffernan, Travis Hernes & Leo Shahar

Jamie Miley  was already  here but looks promising too.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I know you're talking about players with experience at a decent level (Championship etc), but we've actually signed a few kids whciha few will hopefully come good over the next season or two.

Miodrag Pivas, Mo Sedibeh, James Taylor, Rory Finneran, Ezra Tika-Lemba, Kayden Lucas

have all come in this window.

Last season we brought in Alfie Harrison, Trevan Sanusi, Reece Byrne, Cathal Heffernan, Travis Hernes & Leo Shahar

Jamie Miley looks promising too.

Yeah hopefully a couple of them will become very very good players for us in a few years. 

47 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I would be puzzled if our team had such a had finely tuned and delicate dynamic that there was only one CB in all of world football that could improve us.

That could be a possibility if we were a team of utter galacticos who had won everything and swept all those before them. 
But, there are better and more productive squads that seem to find themselves in a situation where they have a choice of players to attempt to sign and can make compromises.

Given the fact that most people accept Guehi is not even better than Schar (currently) it does seem strange that we are so focused on getting this particular player.

This is what pisses me off, loads of teams have made decent signings this season for much cheaper. We could have got Milenkovic who Forest got for 12 Million. You cant complain about not having money then refuse to shop anywhere that isn't Waitrose. 

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Crazy what our accounts show

Screenshot_2024-08-25-12-13-04-889_com.android.chrome.jpg

Maybe you’re right, there’s just something weird about it. That would be 187m, which would be average pay of 120k per week across a squad of 30.

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Maybe you’re right, there’s just something weird about it. That would be 187m, which would be average pay of 120k per week across a squad of 30.

Nufc employ more than 30 people. 

44 minutes ago, OCK said:

image.thumb.png.108121e241012837b5fe924c3d61c45d.png

So we're net €10m positive? 

Signed a GK as a trade deal with the Forest, so we could sell Anderson.

Signed Lewis Hall because we had to. 

Hmm. 

For 24/25 we're not - only the Hall and Osula transfers class as the current season, with no outgoings

I’m still very much of the mindset that we judge at the end of the window. Pointless to get worked up before close of business.

However I will say that as a minimum we need to complete the Guehi deal or get a centre back of equivalent quality to avoid looking like total wallies. Mitchell will have lost all credibility if we can’t get that over the line.

A right winger would be nice, but I’m not as panicked by our options there as some are.