NUFC Transfer Rumours

I’d sell Longstaff for anything over £8m, I’d sell Miggy for anything over £10m. Both need replacing. Wouldn’t be selling Burn though, he’s still a big squad player for us and starter when players are out

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I've changed my mind on our priority this window.

That right side is a tragedy when we have the ball and ruins our build up, and also exposes us defensively when things break down as well.

Right winger as a priority please.

We genuinely have the worst options down the right in the whole league.

Two wingers that barely dribble and often don't know what to do with the ball.

I’ve changed my mind also. The right side needs someone really good, to give other teams a headache, a new dimension to our play. But I don’t control the club and they’ll go for who they go for. 

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I've changed my mind on our priority this window.

That right side is a tragedy when we have the ball and ruins our build up, and also exposes us defensively when things break down as well.

Right winger as a priority please.

We genuinely have the worst options down the right in the whole league.

Two wingers that barely dribble and often don't know what to do with the ball.

No 1 priority should always been a RW. If Gordon is having an off game we create nothing especially with trippier on the bench.

I’m loathed to criticise too much but we should have been bidding for Guehi pre euros if he was number 1 target and it seems like we’ve fucked about trying to sign him. if we fail to get a RW expect more frustrating days like today and I just can’t see top 4 being realistic 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wouldn't even take that kind of outlay to upgrade there.

It's infuriating. Really really is.

The level of play down that side to start today was pitiful.

We used to be strong on the right, weaker on the left. Oh how times have changed.

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

We used to be strong on the right, weaker on the left. Oh how times have changed.

Only way we were strong down the right was because of Trippier. Hopefully the fact miggy only got a handful of minutes today is we really want him out 

Going years and years without getting a right winger in is a bit weird. It’s not like there’s a shortage of them. The two mentioned in the past few posts here would be good enough.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

No 1 priority should always been a RW. If Gordon is having an off game we create nothing especially with trippier on the bench.

I’m loathed to criticise too much but we should have been bidding for Guehi pre euros if he was number 1 target and it seems like we’ve fucked about trying to sign him. if we fail to get a RW expect more frustrating days like today and I just can’t see top 4 being realistic 

There was game last season when Barnes came on for us and Gordon went to the right, the West Ham game last season.

It changed us so much because they could no longer double up on Gordon, and had a threat on either wing.

It took us from losing 3-1, to winning 4-3.

A RW would be so transformational for us.

Just now, gdm said:

Only way we were strong down the right was because of Trippier. Hopefully the fact miggy only got a handful of minutes today is we really want him out 

If it's one out. Miggy, then Murph before Tripps. Hope (sorry Miggy) it's him. Ideally we'd replace Longstaff, Murphy and Miggy. Hopefully Longstaff is benched due to Sandro's outstanding performances.[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wouldn't even take that kind of outlay to upgrade there.

It's infuriating. Really really is.

The level of play down that side to start today was pitiful.

Yeah the idea that theres only a small pool of players that can improve our right side is mental. 

Its annoying seeing Villa pick up players like Morgan Rogers for pennies. Seems to be a massive blind spot in our strategy.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly you'd think Miggy from Howe arriving until ~October last year had just never happened. :lol:

Seeing Miggy in recent times I do wonder if we all collectively just imagined his purple patch too.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

The next few days will give us a much clearer idea of exactly what has been going on behind the scenes.

Once the window closes things will be much clearer.

It is actually embarrassing and pretty inexcusable using some of these players, because it really isn't difficult to upgrade them.

I believe the issue is already having two RW on the books, think we need to shift one in order to justify bringing another in, which will be easier said than done.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly you'd think Miggy from Howe arriving until ~October last year had just never happened. :lol:

I think it's because we all know that his output was just completely out of character.

He scored 11 goals in one season for us and he's not got more than 4 in any season before or after

6 minutes ago, Marquee Moon said:

Yeah the idea that theres only a small pool of players that can improve our right side is mental. 

Its annoying seeing Villa pick up players like Morgan Rogers for pennies. Seems to be a massive blind spot in our strategy.

For some reason it seems we've decided we need extraordinary players to make a difference.

We are not at that kind of level yet at all, when we're still using the likes of Murphy, Almiron and Longstaff.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

There was game last season when Barnes came on for us and Gordon went to the right, the West Ham game last season.

It changed us so much because they could no longer double up on Gordon, and had a threat on either wing.

It took us from losing 3-1, to winning 4-3.

A RW would be so transformational for us.

I’ve said your last line there a few times this summer. Totally agree. You only have to look at other sides with a strong front 3. Even palace with eze one side and Olise the other was frightening. I like Murphy he isn’t terrible but I’m so tired of seeing attacks down the right come to nothing 

Just now, Cristov said:

I believe the issue is already having two RW on the books, think we need to shift one in order to justify bringing another in, which will be easier said than done.

I remember when Miggy first came, he wasn't a RW only then.

Aye, the idea that we can’t get at least one or two bridging players in that improve us but aren’t elite or elite prospects is a bit stupid if it is the case that we’re only shopping in that market. Almost every side in the league has a better right wing than us 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That’s all well and good but he’s proved it was a purple patch and just isn’t good or consistent enough. I largely think that patch of form had a lot to do with trippier 

Just now, gdm said:

That’s all well and good but he’s proved it was a purple patch and just isn’t good or consistent enough. I largely think that patch of form had a lot to do with trippier 

Definitely

Ornstein said we bid for Olise at the start of the window but he chose Bayern

Since then I don't think we've had a solid link to any right winger all summer

21 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

We need huge upgrades on Burn , Longstaff , Murphy in the first 11.

Most other premier league sides including the poorer ones have better players than those 3.

Longstaffs brain works too slow 

Burn is an old fashioned centre half / kick it / head it 

He has made the most of what he had but isn’t the answer 

Murphy is similar standard to his brother but somehow has made more of his career (probably because his attitude in training is 1st class)

In fact all 3 of the above players have excellent attitudes 

We need more than attitude though , we need some genuine class.

I know Eddie Howe keeps saying it’s a small pool we are looking at , however I can’t believe we can’t find 3 players in the world , that aren’t better than these 3 and won’t cost an arm and a leg 

Gilmour at Brighton is better than longstaff (and would probably cost £12m)

That’s without even thinking about anything or having scouts all over the world (like we do) 

I’m confused by this post, because, with everyone fit and available the only player of the 3 you mention that’s likely to start still is Murphy.

We already have Willock and Tonali who will start ahead of Longstaff once everyone’s firing, and Botman and Schar will start at CB long term (and Guehi assuming that still happens).

CB and RW are absolutely the priorities for the window, but it’s odd to choose 3 players to improve upon out of a team clearly not our strongest.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m confused by this post, because, with everyone fit and available the only player of the 3 you mention that’s likely to start still is Murphy.

We already have Willock and Tonali who will start ahead of Longstaff once everyone’s firing, and Botman and Schar will start at CB long term (and Guehi assuming that still happens).

CB and RW are absolutely the priorities for the window, but it’s odd to choose 3 players to improve upon out of a team clearly not our strongest.

Willock won’t imo