NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

Where is the speculation? We know, to a certainty, Eddie was very concerned with Mitchell's appointment. We also know Mitchell is among the very best in the world at bringing in talent. Do you honestly think Mitchell's scouting list started and ended with Marc Guehi? Or does that seem like a Howe wish list type of player?

Have you got insider info? 

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I find it hard to believe Mitchell and Nickson are wanting to spend the entire summer chasing high profile barely obtainable premier league players. I do think there is a schism that has fucked up the transfer window.

I agree fully on this.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Just feel that the PSR nonsense coupled with the constant press/twitter/content speculation of the transfer window to be utterly exhausting and zaps all the fun out of the simple act of watching football and talking with family and mates about what you see on the pitch during or after. 

I hope we get these deals done this week and strengthen the 11 and add needed depth, but I am also just happy that I get football back and most importantly, the highs and lows (hopefully more highs) of NUFC. I want to talk about tactics, team selection, “what ifs” and dream a bit. 

If I was observing the situation entirely in a vacuum - i.e. not looking on here and avoiding any other analysis - I'd be relaxed, if eager to see us do something in the transfer window before it closes. All the big hitters kept, additional depth at LB and CF, four points on the board and money in the coffers to spend. 

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

Where is the speculation? We know, to a certainty, Eddie was very concerned with Mitchell's appointment. We also know Mitchell is among the very best in the world at bringing in talent. Do you honestly think Mitchell's scouting list started and ended with Marc Guehi? Or does that seem like a Howe wish list type of player?

How do we (you?) know this?

42 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

The constant pissing match on this forum on who is the better type of supporter is so fucking dull. 

Especially since we know the negative bed wetters are the worst kind. ;) 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have you got insider info? 

This was widely reported on. Too lazy to google but there was an eleventh hour meeting between eddie and mitchell to settle whatever differences they had regarding eddie's say in transfer business.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

TBF we're going into this season with (as it stands right now) the exact same team as last season as no real improvements to the XI have been made whilst the majority of clubs you expect to be around us have all improved. And we've been largely crap away from home for 12 months and were once again yesterday.

People being OTT are exactly that and can be ignored (though I can't see too many posters being as such) but its totally understandable why people feel flat and that its gone stale a bit. Because not going to lie atm, I do.

It’s been said today but the lack of investment ain’t a great look for those players like Bruno, Isak and Gordon that we wanna keep. They’ll see the stagnation too. 

This window has been an utter disaster so far.

12 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

This was widely reported on. Too lazy to google but there was an eleventh hour meeting between eddie and mitchell to settle whatever differences they had regarding eddie's say in transfer business.

There were reports about lack of clarity around role boundaries. There was never definite reporting the Eddie was concerned at Mitchell's appointment. If anything it was speculated that he was concerned as to how far Bunce's influence might’ve had on his training intensity. So it’s a stretch to get to what you’re suggesting.

It seems the board are considering setting up Howe for failure so they can bring in a new manager for the next phase of the project… also someone (with a continental team) that can work with young foreign talent with potential.

1 minute ago, catlover24 said:

It seems the board are considering setting up Howe for failure so they can bring in a new manager for the next phase of the project… also someone (with a continental team) that can work with young foreign talent with potential.

Ok we’re tipping into outright fan fic now. It’ll be great when this is over.

I'm not sure how anyone could grab hold of a theory and just run with it as fact because I could sit here and come up with a bunch of different ones in a matter of minutes:

• We don't have a lot of money to spend without outgoings
  • We expected it to be much easier to shift a few players but the transfer window is dead, especially for the type of player we're trying to sell
  • We think CB is the #1 most important position to fill and we're at an impasse / waiting for Parish to fold
  • The Guehi deal hinges on an outgoing for us and/or an incoming for them and we're confident of that happening
  • In the past we may have already thrown in the extra £5m or whatever to clinch the Guehi deal, but Mitchell/Eales don't want a repeat of June so we're being stingier (maybe this is a "schism")
  • We have some money to spend and a few different paths in progress; possibly some debate (healthy or otherwise) on the right priorities (see: "schism")
  • There's actually a ton happening and many irons in the fire, but it just doesn't seem that way because Guehi (thanks to Palace) is the only thing we've really heard about
  • We're waiting for some dominoes to fall to kickstart things, led by Chelsea and Barcelona's shenanigans

That's before getting into the more negative or conspiratorial ideas (I was going to make up some ridiculous things, but all you need to do is scroll up to get an idea).

4 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

wtf 😂

How do we know what a bot is? This username and post just doesn’t seem normal to me. 

4 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

Aye, can see a hierachy of fairly ruthless business people fucking about with the project, on purpose to reach a point where they can justify sacking the manager instead of.....checks notes....just binning him off pronto 😂

They're all rowing the same boat man. 

6 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

:serious:

I'm having to use this emoji far too often.

May be the lack of movement sapping my enthusiasm somewhat but I don't think I can be arsed to start chewing through various theories etc.

Whatever happens or doesn't happen by the window shutting I'm sure will come out in the wash one way or another. One thing I'm certain of and would seriously cast doubt over is that they aren't trying their utmost to get some business done.

8 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

If they wanted to do that they’d have allowed him to go to England this summer. Where would the logic be in harming your own team's progress to undertake an action they could choose to do at any point? Honestly I think some people need to put down the cool aid, and step away from the daft conspiracy stuff. As Occam’s razor suggests, I think there’s likely a much more straightforward explanation for our slow/poor window

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Nice, we going to get any more fan fiction? E.g. a chapter preview?

It's staggering like. There's more moaning and complaints the last 2 months than I can remember at any point under Ashley. Wish it was easy just to walk away from here but it's hard to break a 20 year habit. It's becoming toxic for hardly any reason. Would love to be one of those who just rocks up at SJP evert game and switch off between games like the happy clappers did under Ashley. 

It was widely reported that Mitchell tried to finger Howe’s lass. I’m too lazy to look it up but my memory never fails. It’s also fact - I have no evidence or source but I’ll state it boldly nonetheless - that Eddie Howe has said if you don’t give me Marc Guehi then I’m resigning and you can get to shit. Totes facts.

Just now, Theregulars said:

It was widely reported that Mitchell tried to finger Howe’s lass. I’m too lazy to look it up but my memory never fails. It’s also fact - I have no evidence or source but I’ll state it boldly nonetheless - that Eddie Howe has said if you don’t give me Marc Guehi then I’m resigning and you can get to shit. Totes facts.

lol https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/aug/16/eddie-howe-focuses-on-newcastle-success-after-boardroom-unease

Edit: first result on google btw

Edited by Upthemags

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm not sure how anyone could grab hold of a theory and just run with it as fact because I could sit here and come up with a bunch of different ones in a matter of minutes:

• We don't have a lot of money to spend without outgoings
  • We expected it to be much easier to shift a few players but the transfer window is dead, especially for the type of player we're trying to sell
  • We think CB is the #1 most important position to fill and we're at an impasse / waiting for Parish to fold
  • The Guehi deal hinges on an outgoing for us and/or an incoming for them and we're confident of that happening
  • In the past we may have already thrown in the extra £5m or whatever to clinch the Guehi deal, but Mitchell/Eales don't want a repeat of June so we're being stingier (maybe this is a "schism")
  • We have some money to spend and a few different paths in progress; possibly some debate (healthy or otherwise) on the right priorities (see: "schism")
  • There's actually a ton happening and many irons in the fire, but it just doesn't seem that way because Guehi (thanks to Palace) is the only thing we've really heard about
  • We're waiting for some dominoes to fall to kickstart things, led by Chelsea and Barcelona's shenanigans

That's before getting into the more negative or conspiratorial ideas (I was going to make up some ridiculous things, but all you need to do is scroll up to get an idea).

I just helped on investigating the disappearance of the James Bond DB5. You wouldn’t believe how ridiculous some of the theories people came up with are.