NUFC Transfer Rumours

43 minutes ago, gdm said:

Technically yes but people can’t on one hand say Minteh has never played for us so no big loss then on the other hand say we spent £7m on a Right winger.

cake and eat it stuff 

Both of those things can be true though

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

The first point is comical - you’re trying to argue that we didn’t spend because we spent out of a strong need to do so. The purpose isn’t relevant - your argument was that we don’t spend often in January. Your argument has a fatal problem on interaction with facts.

As to your second question, I would imagine it probably stands up quite favourably in comparison to the rest of the league. As does all our spending post-takeover

Question. Do we typically do more business in the summer or winter?

Second question. Why do you think we spent way more money and singed way more players in the first january window rather than the other 2?

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Question. Do we typically do more business in the summer or winter?

Second question. Why do you think we spent way more money and singed way more players in the first january window rather than the other 2?

Clubs in the PL typically do more business in the summer. On balance we have done post-takeover.

Because the squad was not at the desired level to guarantee PL status.

Neither point changes the fundamental and original issue that you’re completely wrong to say we don’t usually spend in January.

Where should I send my invoice?

6 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I really don't think being 4 days away from going through two transfer windows without improving the first XI is bedwetting like.

Technical weakening the squad with Anderson and Minteh going. Let’s judge at the end of the window but isn’t currently a great outcome.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Technical weakening the squad with Anderson and Minteh going. Let’s judge at the end of the window but isn’t currently a great outcome.

we’re weakening the squad by selling a player who wasn’t in the squad. Righto.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

we’re weakening the squad by selling a player who wasn’t in the squad. Righto.

I think a lot of us expected him to come in and be give a crack in pre season, especially after last year performing at a Champions League club, so yes, we did weaken by selling one of our players.

You could argue given Ritchie scored v Bournemouth we also lost another contributing first team player. I don’t personally but consistently scoffing at people who are highlighting the club haven’t done stellar business is blinkered happy clapping .

Edited by Nucasol

4 hours ago, Theregulars said:

Clubs in the PL typically do more business in the summer. On balance we have done post-takeover.

Because the squad was not at the desired level to guarantee PL status.

Neither point changes the fundamental and original issue that you’re completely wrong to say we don’t usually spend in January.

Where should I send my invoice?

Here is the entire quote: 

We usually don't do much in january except from that first window where we had to.

I literally specified that I was talking about the last 2, because the first window had nothing to do with the owners loving the january window. I also said "don't do much", meaning that we did something. Just not much imo. Funny how you talk about me being factually wrong when you constanly twist my words and make up what I said as you go.

The whole point of the post was just that we prefer the summer, and like you say, that's normal for just about any club. I never meant to say that we do less than most other clubs in january. I was just making a point about not expecting that much activity in january, because my impression is that the owners likes to wait til the summer instead, unless there is a true emergency like the first season.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I really don't think being 4 days away from going through two transfer windows without improving the first XI is bedwetting like.

No, the reaction is bedwetting.

The club has barely put a foot wrong since the takeover. A couple of sticky transfer windows and a load of FM wannabees are cry arsing, like they have any sort of clue how a football club is meant to be run. 

Nobody is bothered about the debate on whether we've had a good transfer window, it's the mindless conspiracy, calling for EH/DE/PM's heads or just generally bitching and moaning. It's all a bit embarrassing and it's nearly always the same people.