NUFC Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not the point. We are talking about hypotheticals. We haven’t failed to qualify for Europe next season but we are talking IF’s

I don't think just playing in Europe is enough at some point - top tier players like Bruno and Isak will want to be winning it and we're years off that due to the financial restrictions. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we've given them "gentlemans" agreements (hate that expression) that we won't stand in their way if they decide to move on. I also wouldn't be surprised if secretly the club would be happy with the huge financial benefits it would bring to let one go...Bruno especially is a real FFP game changer 

1 minute ago, Hhtoon said:

I don't think just playing in Europe is enough at some point - top tier players like Bruno and Isak will want to be winning it and we're years off that due to the financial restrictions. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we've given them "gentlemans" agreements (hate that expression) that we won't stand in their way if they decide to move on. I also wouldn't be surprised if secretly the club would be happy with the huge financial benefits it would bring to let one go...Bruno especially is a real FFP game changer 

Tbf we won’t be struggling financially now after this window. 

It does feel a little bit like this could be the last season before a reset of sorts.

I said the same about this summer but it feels quite possible that we make a big sale next summer, in that £80m-£120m range. You've got the likes of Trippier, Burn & Schar comfortably past 30. Others with contracts expiring. 

If we did have £60-70m to spend in this window, are we thinking if we can't get our top targets now, let's just add it to the budget for the following summer?

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

It does feel a little bit like this could be the last season before a reset of sorts.

I said the same about this summer but it feels quite possible that we make a big sale next summer, in that £80m-£120m range. You've got the likes of Trippier, Burn & Schar comfortably past 30. Others with contracts expiring. 

If we did have £60-70m to spend in this window, are we thinking if we can't get our top targets now, let's just add it to the budget for the following summer?

Someone mentioned earlier on here that the PSR rules next summer might not even be the same. Who knows where that'll leave our banked 60mill if we don't spend it this summer.

1 hour ago, midds said:

I think it's unhelpful to try and work out what the dynamic is between Howe/Mitchell/Eales/Nickson. We've got no idea who does what, who is responsible for what, who has targeted players and who is responsible for closing the deals. But what we can say is that whatever the current arrangement is hasn't worked and there's a day left to fix it. To have serious money to invest and come out of the window with Kelly and Osula as upgrades is a shocking window and I struggle to see how anyone, inside or outside of the club, can spin it into a positive. There were huge, obvious gaps in the squad and the XI and they, as of right now, are still there. Whatever systems and responsibilities have been in place this summer to identify and sign players literally haven't worked. They've got a day left to fix it for the good of the club. They'll either do it or they won't

Great post.

Winter 2024 window, net (and gross) spend of zero.

Summer 2024 window, net spend of around zero. 

No news on the training ground or the stadium. Been a while since any new meaningful sponsorship deals announced.

As someone once said, it's not like it is in the brochure.

(Hopefully I've posted that 24 hours too early!).

34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not saying we won't lose any of them because if course it's possible, but wasn't this exact line being peddled in January.

Bruno apparently had too much ambition to stay at a club without Europe, or something like that.

There was always the risk Bruno could leave this Summer - even Isak but thankfully it didn't happen.  But you got to expect they'll want to play in the CL - these are elite players.  I am not saying we can't do it - but the lack of any meaningful investment in the squad hasn't helped us when the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Villa, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Brighton, West Ham have all strengthened.  Our net spend this summer is -30m.  

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/premier-league-net-spend-2024-25/

Edited by duo

Really don't get all the frustration. We're out of Europe, and managed to strengthen the squad while keeping our best players. Any other club bar the "top 6" in this situation probably ends up with a less talented squad than the season before due to having to scale down. 

Eddie Howe first game 20th November 2021.

Darlow: Schar, Lascelles, Clark: Murphy, Shelvey, Willock, Ritchie: ASM, Wilson, Joelinton

Subs: Dubravka, Lewis, Krafth, Manquillo, Hayden, Fraser, Almiron, Longstaff, Gayle

20 players, 7 of them moved on to date :D That’s more worse than the lack of incomings. 

That whole bench should be gone in truth, yet we’re in a position where 3 of them are possibly starting games, 4 if Pope is injured :D 

11 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Winter 2024 window, net (and gross) spend of zero.

Summer 2024 window, net spend of around zero. 

Not sure why anyone needs this spelt out but dumb point one is answered by dumb point two. Except your net spend is bollocks as the incomings arent counted this summer as they were in last season. 

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Really don't get all the frustration. We're out of Europe, and managed to strengthen the squad while keeping our best players. Any other club bar the "top 6" in this situation probably ends up with a less talented squad than the season before due to having to scale down. 

Debatable we have strengthened the squad imo.

16 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Someone mentioned earlier on here that the PSR rules next summer might not even be the same. Who knows where that'll leave our banked 60mill if we don't spend it this summer.

There will still be rules and we're currently not compliant with what those would be just as we're not currently compliant for the rules we'll need to meet if we're in Europe next season.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Arguably Brighton & West Ham have strengthened and kept their best players. Every one of the top 6 have strengthened. 

the frustration comes from fact the club have failed to strengthen where they wanted to. 

6 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Eddie Howe first game 20th November 2021.

Darlow: Schar, Lascelles, Clark: Murphy, Shelvey, Willock, Ritchie: ASM, Wilson, Joelinton

Subs: Dubravka, Lewis, Krafth, Manquillo, Hayden, Fraser, Almiron, Longstaff, Gayle

20 players, 7 of them moved on to date :D That’s more worse than the lack of incomings. 

That whole bench should be gone in truth, yet we’re in a position where 3 of them are possibly starting games, 4 if Pope is injured :D 

And yet just a calendar year ago the majority of those players had just played a big part in a 4th place finish and a cup final