NUFC Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Fucking hell, were you getting a lobotomy during those sales and deadline? Would explain so much mind

No need to be like that mate....all I did was ask you to show me your workings 😀

BTW, I'm a FCA been qualified about 25 years so I do understand accounting periods, balance sheet dates, PSR, etc 😉

Just now, LiquidAK said:

If true that's obviously going to be a massively disappointing window, no way of really dressing it up any other way.

On the bright side we've kept hold of our best players, have strengthened a little in defence with Kelly, and have a fantastic player in Tonali back in the side. I think we'll have a really good season still and will be well in with a shout of a top 5 finish with fewer games to play and (hopefully) fewer injuries as a result. Still feel positive.

In reality we're weakened in defence, with no Botman or his backup, Lascelles.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Debatable we have strengthened the squad imo.

Would you prefer if we kept Anderson, Ritchie and Dummett another season and not sign Kelly and Osula? I know which option I'd go for 10/10 times :lol:

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

In reality we're weakened in defence, with no Botman or his backup, Lascelles.

Nah not when we had injuries last season too. You can't count them now but not count them then, otherwise we could say we've massively strengthened in all areas because of how few injuries we've got.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Nah not when we had injuries last season too. You can't count them now but not count them then, otherwise we could say we've massively strengthened in all areas because of how few injuries we've got.

I agree - Kelly replaces Dummett to me - so that is strengthened

Just now, LiquidAK said:

I'm comparing relative to the same point in the season last year.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Would you prefer if we kept Anderson, Ritchie and Dummett another season and not sign Kelly and Osula? I know which option I'd go for 10/10 times :lol:

Whether he played or not Minteh was our player. He’d have been in our squad. 

3 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

No need to be like that mate....all I did was ask you to show me your workings 😀

BTW, I'm a FCA been qualified about 25 years so I do understand accounting periods, balance sheet dates, PSR, etc 😉

Good for you.

:slowclap:

Edited by toon25

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Happy with Kelly definitely (if he can stay fit). There is no way of knowing about Osula yet, no way we can say he has improved the squad yet.

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

I'm comparing relative to the same point in the season last year.

I mean unless we go out and sign a replacement for every injury we pick up and then deal with the Chelsea-esque lack of space in the dressing room when they're back again, I'm not sure that works

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Anyone else feel like different hacks are going to start leaking stories placing blame on different parties at NUFC?  A power struggle played out in the press.

I hope not, like. 

Only if there are issues between Howe/Mitchell or others. They get their stories from the club so if there are no issues then no stories will emerge.

5 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Then you’ll understand Fezzle’s point that the sales fell into last season’s accounts, so the net spend for 24/25 isn’t £zero …

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

how has it got to the eve of the window closing to get to that. Divert the funds to RW a week ago. Mental to end up with nothing 

What does "no time to divert funds to RW" even mean? It's not like we have to do some kind of time consuming, inter-departmental budget transfer, the funds are literally there. If the issue is we don't have a list of RW targets ready, that's concerning as and of itself. 

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Considering Kelly should be emergency back up LB, Anderson is a far better prospect than Osula, so I’d rather keep Ritchie / Dummett if it mean Anderson too over the others coming in :D 

Just now, Andy said:

What does "no time to divert funds to RW" even mean? It's not like we have to do some kind of time consuming, inter-departmental budget transfer, the funds are literally there. If the issue is we don't have a list of RW targets ready, that's concerning as and of itself. 

They need to carry bags of coins between the centre back room at the stadium to the right wing room at the training ground. 

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yeah it’s a puzzler

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

The camel caravan set out to London already.