NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, Sibierski said:

Then why did we end up needing to do a dodgy PSR deal, take a lower offer we wanted for Ashworth, and luck out on Minteh? We must’ve planned/assumed we would get fees for players who were not key first teamers.

1, 10m for a sporting director is incredible business. 
2, Minteh was always bought as an FFP flip, what an incredible investment he turned out to be. 
3, what choice do we have? We want to grow rapidly in order to do so we have to push the line, we actually need to be more aggressive than we have been and be open to trading even our best players to give us headroom to improve (after the shambles of this window I can imagine our fans being even more concerned about such an approach kind) :lol:

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm guessing we'll get the usual straight bat from Edward this morning.

I actually think we will get a slightly more negative analysis. Something like "it's looking unlikely".

Just now, Pearljam10 said:

When you see what Ashworth has achieved in a short time at Man U,  it's clear.that something isn't right at Newcastle. 

:lol:

Man United are a fucking shambles man. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Someone genuinely asked him that question in his pre forest presser 😂

To be honest, I think there is room for one journalist to have a fun question. Makes a change from the boring cunts repeating the same questions.

6 minutes ago, Pearljam10 said:

When you see what Ashworth has achieved in a short time at Man U,  it's clear.that something isn't right at Newcastle. 

Yeah because buying quick and fast has done Man Utd wonders since Fergie left.

If I was a journalist I'm today's presser I'd ask something like this:

"Some fans are concerned about the work relationship between you, Paul Mitchell and Darren Eales when it comes to transfers, can you say anything to ease their concerns?"

Instead we will get "which is your favourite Aha track?"

Just now, STM said:

"Some fans are concerned about the work relationship between you, Paul Mitchell and Darren Eales when it comes to transfers, can you say anything to ease their concerns?"

IIRC they've said loads of times that they're working well together. But fair point. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

He was asked something similar the last two press conferences. Eddie was very complimentary of them. We all know Eddie is majorly OCD, so if there was even a hint of a lack of planning in Mitchell's work, he would've made it clear.

FWIW there's a 250 page on Mitchell in the Monaco forum.. 200 of those pages are critique and insults. But I think all signs show that there's an agreement that this summer Mitchell will only handle the negotiations for the players we have already targeted, so I wouldn't blame him, Eddie or anyone.. apart from Ashworth the snake.

I’ve resigned myself to no signings and I’m pretty chill about the whole thing now.

It’s payday. The sun’s shining. The birds are singing. The pub is calling. The world just keeps on turning. It’s all good.

Until we lose on Sunday then I will absolutely flip my lid.