NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't honestly know what position we are looking for 

Nobody outside the club has a clue what positions or who the targets are.

We will only find out when a proper bid goes in

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not upset, they’ve proven themselves to be really good defensive options but I’m convinced they’re not the type of player Howe wants there 

I just think we played at such a high level last year only a certain type of player would improve us, for example would you have De Gea ? 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I just think we played at such a high level last year only a certain type of player would improve us, for example would you have De Gea ? 

Not over Pope, as a reserve keeper? Sure but he’s not going anywhere to be a reserve keeper. Our LB position is the clearest place we need to upgrade in order to give us more control over the ball and more attacking options 

25 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not upset, they’ve proven themselves to be really good defensive options but I’m convinced they’re not the type of player Howe wants there 

CL good? Targett looked awful last season the few chances he had.

Just now, BonesJones said:

Newcastle are interested in Maxence Lacroix, Newcastle reportedly want to put £20m on the table. A good price.

Thanks - have Twitter changed it so you can’t click through now or is it just me?

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

CL good? Targett looked awful last season the few chances he had.

Yeah, he was poor last season. The season before he was great defensively and he played far more matches. With a proper pre-season im

sure Targett would be quality again in defence but he’s limited going forward and on the ball. Not limited to the extent of Burn but still limited 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, he was poor last season. The season before he was great defensively and he played far more matches. With a proper pre-season im

sure Targett would be quality again in defence but he’s limited going forward and on the ball. Not limited to the extent of Burn but still limited 

Howe has to switch more though (in general) with the amount of games we’re gonna have coming our way. Some times last year burn looked done in then Targett was so off the pace when he came on.

Can’t knock the outcome though and may come with bigger better squad but part of me thinks if he trusted Targett he would have played him more.

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Here is an article about him from last summer when he was linked with Arsenal, it gives you an idea of the sort of player he is and his attributes.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/who-is-maxence-lacroix-arsenal-24455517?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Reads well

9 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Here is an article about him from last summer when he was linked with Arsenal, it gives you an idea of the sort of player he is and his attributes.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/who-is-maxence-lacroix-arsenal-24455517?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

A pacy CB, exactly what we need.

What is “CL good” anyway? We are in the CL on merit, beating teams like Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool over 38 games. Our lack of coefficient will hurt us, but still I wouldn’t be surprised if our current crop of players would make it to round #2, and perhaps even to the knockout stage. There are a few teams obviously better than us, but I’d suggest we’re easily in the top 50% quality of teams qualified for next year’s CL. Obviously we’ve already strengthened CM significantly and with a bit of luck we’ll get a few more good players in, allowing us to stay competitive across multiple competitions, but I’m not at all worried about any lack of “CL level” players. We had about 15 of those on the books already.