NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I just wish Saudi would buy Lewis, Hendricks and co. for a combined £30m.  

It might be part of a longer plan using Chelsea to lay the groundwork. They've bought a load of their players and shipped them to Saudi, once it's gone through, we might see similar deals for our duds, albeit at lesser values.

20 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Anyone worth buying?

If we are after a young right footed ball playing defender, they have that Tanguy Nianzou that they got from Bayern last year that is very highly rated. Believe he first came through the PSG  academy. 

Everything that's happened so far is to be expected. We moved in ninja-like stealth to sign Tonali for nice money. We are no doubt moving stealthily towards other signings. Of the ones mentioned publicly, Maddison never seemed to be a goer, we inquired but never looked like really committing to him once it became clear he would be in the 40m range + big wages. Szoboszlai - we seemed to have a lot of interest but we were never going to be able to pay the full release clause due to FFP, I imagine we thought we could drive it down a bit. Once RB knew they were going to sell Gvardiol for big money and had multiple clubs interested, we were always going to fall back. None of this is a surprise based on our previous activity and our limitations this summer. 

The Livramento thing will probably carry on for a while but I'd bet we end up signing him. I would not be surprised if we all of a sudden signed a high-profile RW (Diaby or Chiesa. maybe) next week. The management of the club has been spot on for the last 18 months, signings have been nearly perfect, I thought we'd be in trouble after not doing more business in January, and I was wrong. They were right. As a result, I feel very content to sit back and let them operate, with complete faith they'll sort it out. Weird feeling, I must admit.

11 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Everything that's happened so far is to be expected. We moved in ninja-like stealth to sign Tonali for nice money. We are no doubt moving stealthily towards other signings. Of the ones mentioned publicly, Maddison never seemed to be a goer, we inquired but never looked like really committing to him once it became clear he would be in the 40m range + big wages. Szoboszlai - we seemed to have a lot of interest but we were never going to be able to pay the full release clause due to FFP, I imagine we thought we could drive it down a bit. Once RB knew they were going to sell Gvardiol for big money and had multiple clubs interested, we were always going to fall back. None of this is a surprise based on our previous activity and our limitations this summer. 

The Livramento thing will probably carry on for a while but I'd bet we end up signing him. I would not be surprised if we all of a sudden signed a high-profile RW (Diaby or Chiesa. maybe) next week. The management of the club has been spot on for the last 18 months, signings have been nearly perfect, I thought we'd be in trouble after not doing more business in January, and I was wrong. They were right. As a result, I feel very content to sit back and let them operate, with complete faith they'll sort it out. Weird feeling, I must admit.

Kinda agree with most of this. Still think it be another box to box midfielder as next big addition not a dedicated winger. Maybe slightly more attacking in nature.

57 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Reading into your semantics a bit too much? Aye, you’re definitely not condescending :lol:

You’re saying your enjoyment has been impacted on here because of the odd person expressing their disappointment of a player they’d like to play for us, whose obviously been linked a number of times, hasnt prevailed. Is that not expected? You’re gonna get people who might not express things the way you do and to call them weird or odd without any recognition on that when it’s being pointed out says more about your own behaviour. 

Anyways, we’re clearly not gonna agree and are probably doing peoples heads in so I’ll just crack on eh :laugh2:

That's not what I'm saying, but you'll just twist any response I make anyway. Whatever man.

6 minutes ago, kocunar said:

I start wondering what our transfer budget would have been if we didnt qualify for UCL and finished like 8th. (Which more or less would be expected result before the season) 

20 million according to Edwards 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Bit disappointing that all of our ‘rivals’ have made strides to be genuinely stronger while we haven’t signed anyone. Still, plenty time left I guess. 

We’ve all but signed Tonali don’t be to disappointed, as you say plenty of time and apart from the scousers i don’t really envy anyone else’s business at this point.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Bit disappointing that all of our ‘rivals’ have made strides to be genuinely stronger while we haven’t signed anyone. Still, plenty time left I guess. 

Tbf, we've all but signed a £50 million midfielder already in a position we definitely needed to strengthen.

I agree we still need to do a fair bit more, but far from time to panic yet. 

Didn't like that both Maddison and now Dominik Szoboszlai went to rival clubs. But there are more fish in the sea. Don't mind if any of the following comes:

Aurélien Tchouaméni

Sergej Milinković-Savić

Florian Wirtz

Manu Koné

Khephren Thuram

Gabriel Veiga

Ryan Gravenberch

21 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Michael Olise out for 3 months so think that rules him out.

The LFC fan on here said Kone injured for 6 month (?) so not him either.

Maybe another Lyon midfielder? 🤔

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

The LFC fan on here said Kone injured for 6 month (?) so not him either.

Maybe another Lyon midfielder? 🤔

Aye, injured his knee on international duty. Probably means he'll be at Gladbach another season.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

If we buy another midfielder it will be a defensive midfielder. The creativity will come from a new wide right player.

I’d be looking to play Joelinton wide left next season, so completely agree would love another physical presence alongside Bruno and Tonali in there.

Have to say there are a lot of people (mostly on twitter rather than here) who desperately need a new hobby until August. Not healthy to spend the whole summer freaking out when we don't sign a player that we might possibly have been slightly interested in. 

It's still June and we've more or less made one excellent signing, others have made 2 at most.

48 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Kinda agree with most of this. Still think it be another box to box midfielder as next big addition not a dedicated winger. Maybe slightly more attacking in nature.

I think it might be more of a Diaby type now we've got Tonali. Someone who can play as a wide right forward or a striker to give cover for Wilson and Isak would tick a few boxes.