NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

As many have said, ideally we’d bring in a top class left-back and an elite right winger (on top of the Livramento and cb we’ll hopefully be signing) but that’d cost close to a 100m and possibly take our spending past the 250m mark for the window. Seems a bit greedy/ entitled to be disappointed if that doesn’t happen tbh :lol: .

Having listened to enough of Eddie talking in press conferences I’m fairly confident we will see Liveamento plus one more for certain 

Edited by Andy84

2 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

Lewis Hall on loan to buy from Chelsea would be ideal.

Linked with a loan move to palace today. Premier league clubs doing a great job of boosting Chelsea’s player values as usual. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Linked with a loan move to palace today. Premier league clubs doing a great job of boosting Chelsea’s player values as usual. 

Permanent move or loan? I wonder if we are seen as a direct threat to them now so they won't deal with us?

Tonali - Is he really better than Longstaff?

Barnes - The Jury is out... Relegated with his last club doesn't bode well with me.

Livramento - Madness we already have a right back!!

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Massive British and Irish core, hopefully we can see a genuine influx of youngsters into the first team squad, not just the one regular every 5 year - Shola, Taylor, Krul, Dummett and Longstaff since 2000 is absolutely wank.

What about Carroll. 

1 minute ago, mofo said:

Tonali - Is he really better than Longstaff?

Barnes - The Jury is out... Relegated with his last club doesn't bode well with me.

Livramento - Madness we already have a right back!!

Fucking hell man 😂 give them a chance lad. 

2 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

Permanent move or loan? I wonder if we are seen as a direct threat to them now so they won't deal with us?

Absolutely. They would only sell him to us at an extortionate price. He is contracted until 2025, it depends if he sees his future at Chelsea or he’s been sold the dream of competing for first choice left back with us .

Just now, gazza ladra said:

Turns out selling Shelvey and not getting a replacement didn’t hurt us at all last window. [emoji38]

The club knows what they are doing.

We were lucky the season wasn’t even a game longer. Our midfield at the end of the season had Bruno hobbling every game, Longstaff crocked, Willocks hamstring gone, Big Joey had an injury. We were literally down to playing Anderson and Gordon in the midfield. We would have dropped some points. 

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Does the September 1st deadline also apply to non-UEFA leagues? Just got visions of the Euro Leagues deadline passing then Saudi running riot hoovering up a load of players and clubs being able to do bot all about it.

think saudi is much later.

klopp's been whinging about it

6 hours ago, Cronky said:

The problem with Miggy is that his right leg is only there to stop him falling over. Defenders have sussed him out, and he's becoming less effective.

Well Robben only had one move and it worked for him. One footed or not, the guy has 20 Premier League goals and a number of assists to his name so it’s not like it’s effecting him too much. 

Just now, Astroblack said:

Well Robben only had one move and it worked for him. One footed or not, the guy has 20 Premier League goals and a number of assists to his name so it’s not like it’s effecting him too much. 

A hear ya brother but Robben was world class.

6 hours ago, Cronky said:

The problem with Miggy is that his right leg is only there to stop him falling over. Defenders have sussed him out, and he's becoming less effective.

That's funny. For all he's very one footed he can go either way, see his goal at Spurs for example and he went outside a fair bit. Teams combatted the one two through sitting deeper but that brings them other problems. Finishing was the issue more than creating chances and that was spread throughout the midfield with Longstaff, Willick and Joe all missing too many sitters.

22 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

A hear ya brother but Robben was world class.

But in what’s relative to us, Almiron is one of our best players and he was scoring, assisting, threatening last season and even scored in the pre season so I know he’ll be very important to us this season. 

Personally I’ve tried improving my weak left foot and after about eight months of training, it’s gotten maybe 5% better and it still feels unnatural to use it unless it’s in an instinctual position. I heard Shearer say when he got into the Southampton first team, he started working on his left foot and coaches told him to stop as it would curtail his development. 

I remember Antonio Vanencia being extremely one footed and he played over 300 times for Man Utd. It’s not the be all end all. Seven years after the joining the club, people went mad when he used his left foot. https://www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/antonio-valencia-crossed-the-ball-with-his-left-foot-and-everyone-freaked-out-109007

Edit: if Eddie was unhappy with Miggy’s cutting in on his left all the time, wouldn’t he play him left wing to maximize his attributes? He obviously sees it as a plus and thus plays right wing despite being left footed. 

Edited by Astroblack