NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, simonsays said:

Doesnt mean someone cant find it more exciting signing than Tierney, does it?  I have faith in our scouting and management team in any case. 

Where did I say that? I just wouldn't label him one of Chelsea's better performers on those minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Where did I say that? I just wouldn't label him one of Chelsea's better performers on those minutes. 

Considering he played well in those minutes and the majority of Chelsea's players were largely dogshit i think it could be argued that he was.

37 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Livramento is far more proven than Hall.  Hall is similar to Livra pre Soton which was a £5m fee or similar. 

Not really similar 

Livramento never made a senior appearance for Chelsea, only had a year left on his contract and wasn't signing an extension, they got £5m and both a buy back and sell on clause 

Hall is way more "proven", played around 10 games of senior football and still has a number of years left on his contract 

I think getting him for £30m would be a very good deal, obviously he hasn't played a lot of football but I've been impressed with him whenever he's played and I think Howe could work wonders with him 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Tierney was fit for 90% of last season. He just wasn’t fancied.  He’s fit right now and didn’t make the bench. 

Easier to be fit when not playing though. Just think the money being asked for him is to much risk.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not really similar 

Livramento never made a senior appearance for Chelsea, only had a year left on his contract and wasn't signing an extension, they got £5m and both a buy back and sell on clause 

Hall is way more "proven", played around 10 games of senior football and still has a number of years left on his contract 

I think getting him for £30m would be a very good deal, obviously he hasn't played a lot of football but I've been impressed with him whenever he's played and I think Howe could work wonders with him 

The contract thing is true and contributed to a lower fee. But the equivalent of less than 8 full games , in a bad sad, no outstanding performances he’s unproven.  

Again tbf I think City sold a U21 GK for £20m but at least he has won the U21 euros as a starter. Lavia went for £10m. 

we can agree to disagree.  But £30m is Brazy to me.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

The contract thing is true and contributed to a lower fee. But the equivalent of less than 8 full games , in a bad sad, no outstanding performances he’s unproven.  

Again tbf I think City sold a U21 GK for £20m but at least he has won the U21 euros as a starter. Lavia went for £10m. 

Yeah, but the market is crazy.  I dont know how may games Lavia has played in the prem, but he was in an even worse side and is costing almost double what is being reported we will pay for Hall

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Shea Charles has just gone for £15m having made one appearance! 

1 minute ago, simonsays said:

Yeah, but the market is crazy.  I dont know how may games Lavia has played in the prem, but he was in an even worse side and is costing almost double what is being reported we will pay for Hall

Lavia was a regular when fit and a standout performer.  I noticed him. Hall -  not so much.  Not to say he won’t be a fantastic player.  The fee is just wow to me. 

This is a no brainer, if Hall and Tierney are the same price you would go for Tierney all day long. We needed an upgrade for that LB position not cover. Hall wouldn’t start hence wouldn’t improve the first XI so shouldn’t be prioritised over Tierney. If there’s a limited budget go for the surer thing not promise.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Lavia was a regular when fit and a standout performer.  I noticed him. Hall -  not so much.  Not to say he won’t be a fantastic player.  The fee is just wow to me. 

I agree to an extent, but i think that about almost every transfer fee this summer.  Bournemouth signed Alex Scott for £25m!  

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

This is a no brainer, if Hall and Tierney are the same price you would go for Tierney all day long. We needed an upgrade for that LB position not cover. Hall wouldn’t start hence wouldn’t improve the first XI so shouldn’t be prioritised over Tierney. If there’s a limited budget go for the surer thing not promise.

How do you know he wouldn’t start ? He’s and 18 year with potential to be our starting left back for the next 10-12 years. We could also get money back for him if he doesn’t fulfil that potential, the same can’t be said about KT.

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

This is a no brainer, if Hall and Tierney are the same price you would go for Tierney all day long. We needed an upgrade for that LB position not cover. Hall wouldn’t start hence wouldn’t improve the first XI so shouldn’t be prioritised over Tierney. If there’s a limited budget go for the surer thing not promise. See

You buy Tierney, you end up buying again in a couple of years.

You buy Hall, he adapts this season and first choice for the future.

Chelsea sell him they claim the full profit... Which is the only reason he is on the market.

Regardless of whether or not we’re overpaying here, casually throwing down 30m for an inexperienced 18 year-old is some big boy shit.

Not many teams in world football can drop 70m on two young full-backs that won’t even play first-team. Quite the flex. We’re trying to secure the best young talent and are willing to pay if we think we’ve found it. Love it!

Edited by McCormick