NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I feel this transfer window would have been much more 'exciting' had we still been in Europe and the LC, with us more inclined to pursue long term targets and bring them in early ala Gordon 

As someone posted above, I could us waiting out until Summer for a lot of positions now

4 hours ago, buzza said:

A perfect window for me would be:

Soule (RW)

Phillips (DM)

Any N°9

No GK? 

If we could bring in 4 that would be amazing. I don't see it but fingers crossed. 

I think RW waits until the summer. A versatile forward in January is possible though that could play through the middle and cover out wide if needed.

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

No GK? 

If we could bring in 4 that would be amazing. I don't see it but fingers crossed. 

I think RW waits until the summer. A versatile forward in January is possible though that could play through the middle and cover out wide if needed.

Goes without saying the RW has to be a starter and has to be the same calibre as Botman and Bruno - it’s such an important position that we have to get someone of a high level - if fact our next 3/4 signings all have to be at a high level, which I trust they will 

39 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Goes without saying the RW has to be a starter and has to be the same calibre as Botman and Bruno - it’s such an important position that we have to get someone of a high level - if fact our next 3/4 signings all have to be at a high level, which I trust they will 

Completely agree. Just don't think they will bring one in until the summer with Murphy coming back and Barnes, who shouldn't really play there but has. Then they can shift either Murphy or Miggy along with Ritchie in the summer to make room. I think it would be foolish to shift Miggy in general but certainly this January. Murphy is only just coming back from injury so it's unlikely he will be sold. No one will buy Ritchie. I can't see us signing anyone and having another player sat outside the squad not playing. We are too careful with FFP. I would be shocked if we spend big this window other than one player and a loan or two. Would be a good time for a shot in the arm backing with spending though, not least given current harder/frustrating times. We have clearly gambled a bit on avoiding short term pain for long term FFP gain, so I think there is likely money there if the right deals are out there. We have loans to use too. 

Still think it's an either or when it comes to Striker or RW this window. Not sure which we need more. We have an easy-ish switch out for a DM and GK, then it gets more tricky. We could drop Dummett and Ritchie then bring in a ST and RW. I expect Manquillo will leave this window, maybe Krafth (think he will wait til summer, he looks fine as backup)

People that can be bumped from the squad for the second half of the season: 

• Tonali - gone
  • Pope - gone? or not

The likely lads

• Dummett 
  • Ritchie
  • Manquillo

Other options

• Targett
  • Krafth 
  • Gillespie or Karius - Keep Pope drop Gillespie?

34 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Completely agree. Just don't think they will bring one in until the summer with Murphy coming back and Barnes, who shouldn't really play there but has. Then they can shift either Murphy or Miggy along with Ritchie in the summer to make room. I think it would be foolish to shift Miggy in general but certainly this January. Murphy is only just coming back from injury so it's unlikely he will be sold. No one will buy Ritchie. I can't see us signing anyone and having another player sat outside the squad not playing. We are too careful with FFP. I would be shocked if we spend big this window other than one player and a loan or two. Would be a good time for a shot in the arm backing with spending though, not least given current harder/frustrating times. We have clearly gambled a bit on avoiding short term pain for long term FFP gain, so I think there is likely money there if the right deals are out there. We have loans to use too. 

Still think it's an either or when it comes to Striker or RW this window. Not sure which we need more. We have an easy-ish switch out for a DM and GK, then it gets more tricky. We could drop Dummett and Ritchie then bring in a ST and RW. I expect Manquillo will leave this window, maybe Krafth (think he will wait til summer, he looks fine as backup)

People that can be bumped from the squad for the second half of the season: 

• Tonali - gone
  • Pope - gone? or not

The likely lads

• Dummett 
  • Ritchie
  • Manquillo

Other options

• Targett
  • Krafth 
  • Gillespie or Karius - Keep Pope drop Gillespie?

I can see us cashing in on Miggy in the summer and we buy a RW to replace him - bearing in mind we have 2 starting RWFs in Barnes and Gordon, plus 2 very able deputies in Anderson and Murphy, adding a RW will finish those positions off

I have a sneaky feeling we go back in for Ekitike - fits the profile too perfectly - then there’s Marcus Leonardo 

Just now, BeloEmre said:

What makes you feel that?

Being in sixth despite being shorthanded. Think we'll attempt to ride our luck after some of the injured players return.

Not a fan of it at all, but thats what I think will happen.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Being in sixth despite being shorthanded. Think we'll attempt to ride our luck after some of the injured players return.

Not a fan of it at all, but thats what I think will happen.

Agreed. 

January seems to be for opportunistic signings. Everton needed to sell Gordon so we got the deal done, same with Bruno as Lyon were willing sellers.  Hopefully we have a target or two in a similar situation where we can get a deal done.  If we do 1 signing maximum