NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Of course the club did what they thought was correct, that isn’t even in question. 

On a short term basis it’s been proven to be incorrect mind, especially given some of the areas weren’t strengthen which a lot of people hoped would have been. 

Don’t get me wrong either, this time next reason we might look back at this window as a success, hall might become a world beater, Barnes banging them in Tonali the literal new signing, such is football. 

Doesn't it look incorrect because we have a whole team of injuries and a bloke banned for gambling?

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn't it include incorrect because we have a whole team of injuries and a bloke banned for gambling?

No, although we are indeed suffering from those issues we could still have used the budget differently by not spending so much of our budget on one player, and focusing on other areas. 

we could have also sold some players to raise funds to invest further. 

Ultimately we made a choice to go into the season with Burn as our starting left back and Miggy as our starting RW, both of these positions we could have done with improving as the gain is quite substantial imo. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

No, although we are indeed suffering from those issues we could still have used the budget differently by not spending so much of our budget on one player, and focusing on other areas. 

we could have also sold some players to raise funds to invest further. 

Ultimately we made a choice to go into the season with Burn as our starting left back and Miggy as our starting RW, both of these positions we could have done with improving as the gain is quite substantial imo. 

Granted, even though I fully understand keeping Miggy. Personally I think Longstaff is a bigger weakness who Tonali was designed to replace. But even so, that would a minor decision if the rest of the squad hadn't been decimated. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Granted, even though I fully understand keeping Miggy. Personally I think Longstaff is a bigger weakness who Tonali was designed to replace. But even so, that would a minor decision if the rest of the squad hadn't been decimated. 

The two are mentioned are the glaring ones to me at least. 

we probably over stretched ourselves with Tonali in hindsight. We probably shouldn’t be committing to such high fees at this stage of our development unless we have a FFP windfall  in pocket to do so. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

It is, but we'd probably make that back in the PL prize money we'd otherwise lose if Dubs stays in nets until May.

I would snap agree to 7.5m for Ramsdale on loan rest of the season, would be great for us. It's 2.2m per place just in the league alone ignoring any other potential benefits, and he's infinitely better than Dubravka. 

I'll be surprised if we don't have a new goalkeeper in by the Sunderland game if not City 100%. 

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn't it look incorrect because we have a whole team of injuries and a bloke banned for gambling?

Possibility but the there were signs of gaps in our midfield in terms of creativity and defense right from the start of the season, even against Villa but particularly Brighton and Liverpool.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

He’s either a substitute from next season or sold to generate FFP wiggle room. A team with aspirations to consistently be a Top 4/6 side doesn’t have Miggy as their primary RW. He’s bearing the brunt of no options in his position but as a winger I’d expect more than 6 assists over the 130 odd games he’s played for us. As an example:

Solano in 2001/02 - 37 games, 7 goals and 9 assists

Solano in 2002/03 - 31 games, 7 goals and 6 assists

Robert in 2001/02 - 36 games, 8 goals and 11 assists 

Robert in 2002/03 - 27 games, 5 goals and 7 assists 

That’s the level of productivity we need to aspire to from wingers if we’re serious about being a consistent European places force.

The way we setup, we’re designed for Trippier to get the assists Almiron should. If there was a stat for the pass before the assist Almiron (and Longstaff) would be quite high up I think. Solano never had to rely on Aaron Hughes/Griffin overlapping to play the final ball as he had a wand of a foot and operated on the correct side for winger-assists. 

I’m not entirely defending Almiron just want to add fair context for him 

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Giorgi Mamardashvili

Yehvann Diouf

Jean-Clair Todibo

Leny Yoro

Manu Kone

Youssouf Fofana

Noni Madueke

Matias Soule

Madueke would fit right in with our sick notes , sign him up :thup:

Edited by r0cafella

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Todibo would be the pick of that list but he will have more appealing options on the table than we can offer for now.

Also seems we have a preference for British based on players rendering a lot of that list fanciful. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Also seems we have a preference for British based on players rendering a lot of that list fanciful. 

I’d argue our major signings bar Gordon have all be foreign ? Bruno, Isak, Botman and Tonali. Although I do wonder if the whole Tonali episode will lead us to more British based.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’d argue our major signings bar Gordon have all be foreign ? Bruno, Isak, Botman and Tonali. Although I do wonder if the whole Tonali episode will lead us to more British based.

The players that have seemingly pushed on and increased the value are forrins. Most of our signings have been British based though. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The trend so far defo seems to favour signing a high ratio of British players each window, usually with one big signing from the foreign leagues. I wonder if we start to adapt that slightly going forward as we have built up a core of brits now.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tino and Barnes were considerable outlay signings

53 minutes ago, Sima said:

Giorgi Mamardashvili

Yehvann Diouf

Jean-Clair Todibo

Leny Yoro

Manu Kone

Youssouf Fofana

Noni Madueke

Matias Soule

Scalvini (20 (incredibly versatile - right sided CB but can play all 4 positions at the back and at 6) reads the game brilliantly - good with the ball

Fofana (24) - literally the ideal 6 - technically superb - quick, strong - has a presence similar to the late Tiote but a far better footballer

Johan Bakayoko (20) - RW - the number 1 choice - quick - eye for a pass - superb shot