NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

27 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

It almost like we made no champions league money, increased merchandise sales or a new strip and multiple sponsorship deals in the pipeline ...  Yep we need to sell now!

We made around £30m for CL money, an extra £20m in shirt sponsors and something like an extra £29m from adidas - and the CL money next season looks unlikely.

It’s going in the right direction, but it means that we’re still a long way off the ‘Sky Six’, and roughly on a par with West Ham

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t Howe say Minteh can’t be recalled ? 

Yeah, he said we don't have a break clause

So if we wanted his loan cut short we would have to come to some sort of agreement

Can't see the club wanting to jeopardise a potentially long term partnership for a short term benefit 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We made around £30m for CL money, an extra £20m in shirt sponsors and something like an extra £29m from adidas - and the CL money next season looks unlikely.

It’s going in the right direction, but it means that we’re still a long way off the ‘Sky Six’, and roughly on a par with West Ham

Adidas is next season so no idea why he thinks it's relevant this season, I guess we will find out how much they used in advance of the cl/sponsor money as most was obviously known. Hopefully we have enough for a good signing then maybe a loan

Just now, sempuki said:

I've mentioned it before but Phillips, De Gea and maybe Ekitike would be useful until the end of the season. All as options to see how they get on.

All fair shouts, we’ve done an enormous amount of work on Ekitike in the past so he’s massively rated. We need another CF and I’ve seen him play wide right as well. It all hangs on his attitude. De Gea is a “no brainer” as long as his wages aren’t off the chart. Phillips im less excited about but he is someone who would fill a missing role in our team currently 

Just now, Fezzle said:

Adidas is next season so no idea why he thinks it's relevant this season, I guess we will find out how much they used in advance of the cl/sponsor money as most was obviously known. Hopefully we have enough for a good signing then maybe a loan

Agreed - 21/22 and it’s £70m loss does get wiped for next season’s FFP, so that definitely helps.  But I do think that some may have a lack of familiarity with just how far NUFC is behind the Sky Six in terms of revenues, even with a few new sponsorship deals.  The last reported accounts showed that Spurs’s matchday revenues are FOUR times ours.  We’re still a long way behind - and our spending capacity is too

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Agreed - 21/22 and it’s £70m loss does get wiped for next season’s FFP, so that definitely helps.  But I do think that some may have a lack of familiarity with just how far NUFC is behind the Sky Six in terms of revenues, even with a few new sponsorship deals.  The last reported accounts showed that Spurs’s matchday revenues are FOUR times ours.  We’re still a long way behind - and our spending capacity is too

City get like £320 a season for mostly dodgy deals. We can only dream of that until we consistently win things. Just need to build as best as we can in our means. Interesting to see the next accounts in the next two months to work out how much worse it is so far. 

18 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

So tired of hearing these three names in particular. :lol: 

we know that Howe is the type of manager who puts a lot in ‘system’ players and doesn’t just look at the individual attributes of them.

we can see that ekitike in particular can play in the current system and if he’s available on loan feels like a no brainier to see out the season

31 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see more sponsorships in the summer, like naming rights for St James'. 

2 minutes ago, vexred said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see more sponsorships in the summer, like naming rights for St James'. 

Yeah, and that wouldn’t upset me either.  Didn’t like it when Ashley just pocketed the money, but I wouldn’t be fussed by a stadium sponsorship deal which benefits the club

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, and that wouldn’t upset me either.  Didn’t like it when Ashley just pocketed the money, but I wouldn’t be fussed by a stadium sponsorship deal which benefits the club

How much of zero did he pocket? I get your point mind as we could have got real money into the club. I think if we get a few massive aramco(for arguments sake) signs on both corners of the Milburn car parks and advertise it as St James park powered by aramco that's a canny comprise 

20 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

How much of zero did he pocket? I get your point mind as we could have got real money into the club. I think if we get a few massive aramco(for arguments sake) signs on both corners of the Milburn car parks and advertise it as St James park powered by aramco that's a canny comprise 

Haha yep, free advertising for SD is still money in his pocket for me :) 

Phillips would be an okay signing I think, a bit meh though. Kinda bored of us signing English players, want us to get in 4 sexy unknown foreigners that could either turn out to be mint or turbo shit. 

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

Phillips would be an okay signing I think, a bit meh though. Kinda bored of us signing English players, want us to get in 4 sexy unknown foreigners that could either turn out to be mint or turbo shit. 

ASM ?

13 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Madrid and Newcastle is all I understood🤷‍♂️

Newcastle arrives in Madrid: they want to take an Ancelotti starter in January

The English team has set its gaze on the Madrid squad: they go with all the money in the world for it

ALEXIS RODRÍGUEZ

27-12-2023

Newcastle, which is becoming one of the leading clubs in England thanks to its economic power, has set its eye on Real Madrid. Mohammed bin Salman, Prince of Saudi Arabia, seems to be willing to take over the services of Andriy Lunin [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio