NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Read a lot about him but not seen much at all tbh. Does he have a lot of pace? Leny Yoro is probably out of our reach but damn he looks good.

He’s a cross between Rice and Joachim Anderson in his playing style - typical rugged Italian defender - comfortable on the ball - bit dirty - can dribble and play out - got a decent turn of pace - pace wise similar to Lascelles?

He is my number 1 choice 

I don't understand this "write off the season" talk.

We are 5 points off 6th. All but 1 of the clubs above us is in Europe.

IMO I expect us to finish above West Ham who are 5 points ahead in 6th. And Brighton who are 2 points ahead in 7th. We play both at home and I expect both to make deep runs in the Europa where we should catch them slipping.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

IMO I expect us to finish above West Ham who are 5 points ahead in 6th. And Brighton who are 2 points ahead in 7th. We play both at home and I expect both to make deep runs in the Europa where we should catch them slipping.

If you’re referring to my comment, I meant stretching ourselves financially (to future detriment of planned targets available in the summer) in January to pursue the outside chance of Champions League again. Could see them deciding to see where we get to this season with what we’ve got and recruiting in the summer. Hope they don’t but wouldn’t be surprised, as I don’t think there is the urgency from PIF that the media are pushing. 

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Stay ahead of Chelsea, catch Brighton and West Ham (all 3 very realistic) and we've probably achieved our bare minimum objective for the season. Man Utd are only 2 clear of us. There's a lot to play for. We should make top 6 the target but be in reach if Spurs have a wobble to try and nick 5th.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Stay ahead of Chelsea, catch Brighton and West Ham (all 3 very realistic) and we've probably achieved our bare minimum objective for the season. Man Utd are only 2 clear of us. There's a lot to play for. We should make top 6 the target but be in reach if Spurs have a wobble to try and nick 5th.

Spurs will need more than a wobble at this rate. We'll need to have near-title challenging form (40 points from 18) to catch them IMO.

But at a minimum, we should be looking at 7th.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed. What’s the point in keeping Dummett to play 2 games a season?

Unless they are on academy equivalent wages, Dummett and co. should be moved on. 

I thought Krafth might be able to contribute during the injury crisis but Howe rarely played him. If Howe isn’t going to play him, let him go.  

Dummett isn’t an academy equivalent player, no matter how many try to insult the lad with the suggestion.  He’s played over 100 PL and did nothing wrong in games he’s played this season. If there was some bright young defender in the academy, are we really thinking Howe would ignore him?

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Dummett isn’t an academy equivalent player, no matter how many try to insult the lad with the suggestion.  He’s played over 100 PL and did nothing wrong in games he’s played this season. If there was some bright young defender in the academy, are we really thinking Howe would ignore him?

Howe doesn't play Dummett anyway. So he doesn't have any use.

He's played 185 minutes in our worst injury crisis in living memory whilst competing hard in CL and League Cup. We can field a bang average academy lad for 250 minutes a season.

Edited by The College Dropout

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Howe doesn't play Dummett anyway. So he doesn't have any use.

He's played 185 minutes in our worst injury crisis in living memory whilst competing hard in CL and League Cup. We can field a bang average academy lad for 250 minutes a season.

Bang average academy lad sees us lose that LC tie vs Man City.  Trippier doesn’t drop a clanger and we’ve got a SF coming up. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bang average academy lad sees us lose that LC tie vs Man City.  Trippier doesn’t drop a clanger and we’ve got a SF coming up. 

If you didn't notice - we are out of the league cup anyway.

Next season we'll probably not be in the CL, so will have less demands on our players. And we should sign another central defender in the summer imo.

Edited by The College Dropout

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If you didn't notice - we are out of the league cup anyway.

Next season we'll probably not be in the CL, so will have less demands on our players. And we should sign another central defender in the summer imo.

Yes, of course I noticed.  Which is why I said that without Trippier’s clanger we’re looking forward to a SF.  It’s hardly Dummett’s fault.   Dummett gave us the option of a centre half good enough to keep a clean sheet against a solid Man City side.  But you’d rather advocate for playing a nameless kid more than likely nowhere near his quality.

We’re not likely to be able to shed all of these players just yet - FFP will continue to tie our hands next season.  Dummett is a perfectly solid back up option for the defence, isn’t on huge money, and is an academy graduate.  Given this season’s injury crisis, it doesn’t seem like the smartest strategy to start pushing players out with no obvious replacements. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Totally agree with this. And (assuming most of the lads are back for Feb) I'd say thats the case even if we don't sign anyone in January. Barnes and Willock especially could be game changing in the last 2/3 months of the season 

Everyone knows, ignoring our great runs of last season, that only the likes of Wolves and Bournemouth can go on winning runs, closing the gaps on rivals. 

Why would anyone want to sack Dummett off for a academy player of inferior quality, and thus weaken the squad?

By all means bring in someone that’s better than Dummett, and improve the squad. But seems bizarre to just get rid of him?

He's played 185 minutes all season in an injury crisis. Even under terrible circumstances, he's not going to play. 

I don't think he gets renewed anyway. Thank God.

Right, but what’s the point of replacing him with someone not as good?

Even from a training perspective, you want the levels to be as high as possible surely?

He's played 185 minutes all season in an injury crisis. Even under terrible circumstances, he's not going to play. 

I don't think he gets renewed anyway. Thank God.

I could see Ritchie's contract getting renewed as a player/ Coach role, as that's what it feel like he's been leaning towards for a few seasons now, given how much of an influence he apparently is in setting standards in the squad etc. If it's just as a player, none of Manquillo, Ritchie, Dummett or Hendrick should have their contracts renewed. I'd keep Krafth as a third choice RB personally, he's covered well in recent weeks. 

16 hours ago, duo said:

Surely the dosh from CL gives us some wiggle room?

The 'dosh from CL' will surely have been factored in as unless we got zero points its fairly easy for them to expect around what we got give or take £500k or so in points. If we didnt get shafted by a late pen then year that extra money would be great wiggle room. Got to expect the same for any extra contracts that have probably been agreed for ages

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

The 'dosh from CL' will surely have been factored in as unless we got zero points its fairly easy for them to expect around what we got give or take £500k or so in points. If we didnt get shafted by a late pen then year that extra money would be great wiggle room. Got to expect the same for any extra contracts that have probably been agreed for ages

I think our dosh from the CL is currently suspended until the end of the season.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

I think our dosh from the CL is currently suspended until the end of the season.

Thats irrelevant as its still this seasons FFP and will be accounted for and paid in this season

7 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Thats irrelevant as its still this seasons FFP and will be accounted for and paid in this season

FFP doesnt go over just one season.  I doubt we would have signed Barnes, Tino and Tonali.  They said as much in the documentary that it changed our plans qualifying

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

FFP doesnt go over just one season.  I doubt we would have signed Barnes, Tino and Tonali.  They said as much in the documentary that it changed our plans qualifying

What are you even talking about?:lol:

My post was about INCOME for this year being accounted for in THIS YEARS books. Absolutely nothing else.....