NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 million was what was quoted last summer, therefore I would assume that his loan fee from now to the summer would be in the region of 3-4 million...

He would be a mainstay in our team, imagine these three in the middle:

--bruno---kalv--Joe

Just now, Smal said:

I don’t really understand what the plan would be for Solanke. We play one striker and we have the best in the league outside Haaland. Solanke will be about £50m and like… we really, really need a right winger :lol:.

Edwards is always breaking a completely inaccurate story before we actually sign someone else though, so fingers crossed.

That's a fair comment. I know Isak has had injury problems but he has to be number one surely. Therefore the most logical would be to bring in a young understudy to cover him and Wilson and bring in a top level player in right wing.

Guest reefatoon

Come on man, someone say a swap deal with Wilson. Can’t believe it’s the 10th already and nobody has mentioned any swap deals yet. 

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

I don’t really understand what the plan would be for Solanke. We play one striker and we have the best in the league outside Haaland. Solanke will be about £50m and like… we really, really need a right winger :lol:.

Edwards is always breaking a completely inaccurate story before we actually sign someone else though, so fingers crossed.

The plan would surely be to rotate and not run Isak into the ground ?

Just now, reefatoon said:

Come on man, someone say a swap deal with Wilson. Can’t believe it’s the 10th already and nobody has mentioned any swap deals yet. 

Look back at the last page 

7 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Solanke was a punchline until about two months ago. Would feel a long way from the Bruno/Botman/Isak transfer approach that I assumed was going to be our model going forward.

He'd be brought in to take the Wilson role though, wouldn't he? Isak as the main man, Solanke coming in when he's injured, needs rested, etc. Spurs have shown how hard it is to get someone happy to do that role who's actually any good as well whenever Kane was out, Solanke would be about as good as we could get imo.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The plan would surely be to rotate and not run Isak into the ground ?

we have Wilson and once Barnes is back we’ll have Gordon to rotate there too which will help to stop Wilson and Isak getting injured so often.

We have massive priorities in the team at right wing and central midfield. Again, Solanke would be £50m+. If we need a 3rd rotation striker I don’t think we should be spending that kind of money on someone who’ll be 27 this year considering the other positions we’re weaker in and FFP.

I really like Solanke though. His out of possession/pressing work is top notch too. I just can’t see it unless we’re selling Wilson.

Edited by Smal

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

He'd be brought in to take the Wilson role though, wouldn't he? Isak as the main man, Solanke coming in when he's injured, needs rested, etc. Spurs have shown how hard it is to get someone happy to do that role who's actually any good as well whenever Kane was out, Solanke would be about as good as we could get imo.

£50m+ on a 26 year old back up striker would obviously be insane, especially given our FFP restrictions.

The more I think about it the more it’s obviously just Edwards bollocks. 

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

If Howe ran any players into the ground Wilson definitely wasn’t one of them. 

Edit: just read the last part and detecting sarcasm

well he’s been a sick note since we signed him. Who was his last pre-NUFC manager?

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Look back at the last page 

[emoji38] ahh shit, missed it. Do love the usual swap deal idea each window. 

To those lukewarm on Solanke - sure, on paper, we have 2 top-class strikers when they're both healthy. But when was the last time both were healthy and fully fit? And when would you expect them to both be healthy and fully fit, if ever again?

Miggy will be a squad player come next season, but he at least can stay on the pitch. More pressing in Howe's eyes, i'd bet, is the concern that if Isak and Wilson go down again at the same time, we're a relegation-level side. And there's a greater chance of that happening than many would likely be keen to admit.

Solanke feels like a Howe signing :lol: 

Not saying that this rumour is true. 
I hope we go more down the Botman, Bruno and Isak route. 

Edited by Ikon

41 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Hope I'm proved wrong, but it's starting to feel like FFP and FMV means the gap to the breakaway 6 is insurmountable, with ourselves, Villa etc taking a CL slot being the exception rather than norm.

Depends which four end up in champions league..  Chelsea don't get in for the second season or even the next one then their crazy buying will catch up with them.

Liverpool got the benefit of the Saudi league this year.. but that door might already be closing with players  looking for escape routes.

Spurs need to generate sales to progress

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Ikon said:

Solanke feels like a Howe signing :lol: 

Not saying that this rumour is true. 

Probably a good idea with him being our manager and all.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He might get one or two little bits of info, but there is no way pizza rob knows the ins and out of who we are enquiring about.

Don’t underestimate Pizza Rob 😆

Don't think Solanke is the answer, but it's nice to see him finally come good. I think there might be some vanity in Howe buying Solanke, to prove he was right all those years ago. 

Surely though at £40-50m there are better options in Europe. I reckon there are some Italian options who would love that kind of cash.

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Solanke makes sense as a Wilson replacement imo.

Wilson has been a brilliant player for us but think it’s time in the summer to let him go for the right price, perhaps around £20m or so. 

If Solanke did sign, I’d still want anothher quality player who can function in that role.

Not even the most desperate Saudi club would pay anything close to £20m for a 32 year old permacrocked Wilson.