NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

What's to say Barnes and Murphy will be back in February? Taking Ashley chances in my book not bringing in bodies to alleviate workload on our middle three and front three. Lingaard is a free short term deal until end of the season if we don't bring anyone in on loan howe might not make it to the summer. 

We’re not selling anyone to Liverpool. Wishful thinking on their part, or red journos.

We're obviously in need of reinforcements but you have to admire the confidence in the longer term plan.

There’s zero risk of being relegated and the second half of the season is a free hit essentially. We may get a European place, but equally it might suit us to have a proper go at Champions League for next season with a much improved squad.

Whether the manager will be the person to take us there is a different debate but for the here and now he has confidence in the overall squad to turn things around.

It’s also safe to say that as a fan base we have a much better knowledge of how football finances work now.. so knowing that next season will ultimately be a far healthier position, it’s probably best not to get the hopes up for any major changes this month.

23 minutes ago, Peppe said:

We should never sell any of our good players to fucking Liverpool ever again. Fuck them.

We won’t. Long gone are the days that we get a good player and sell them to Liverpool when we are competing for the same goal.

I find it hard to imagine that our owners would even pick up a phone call by them. It is rumoured that we have no dialog with at least 2 clubs unless we are arguing against them at Premier League meetings. You just know that 1 is Liverpool.

31 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

If Murphy and Barnes weren't due back in Feb I'd maybe be there with you. So long as those two see some game time in Feb I don't think we need 'J-Lingz'. 

Barnes was due back in December we can't rely on any timeline.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

Barnes was due back in December we can't rely on any timeline.

Wasn't there a known setback Howe mentioned in a press conference at the time. Unless we get more news like that then I'd still say Feb is a solid bet. 

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We won’t. Long gone are the days that we get a good player and sell them to Liverpool when we are competing for the same goal.

I find it hard to imagine that our owners would even pick up a phone call by them. It is rumoured that we have no dialog with at least 2 clubs unless we are arguing against them at Premier League meetings. You just know that 1 is Liverpool.

Big clubs trade players between each other, and given where we at the moment I’d say there’s no chance we reject a bid for a player because it’s Liverpool; it would be rejected if it isn’t the fee we want. 

I've enjoyed every transfer window under the new owners, but this one. Fuck FFP.

When we need it the most, is what makes it worse. Imagine we hadn't been able to bring anyone in during Howe's first January. We would've been fucked imo.

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Big clubs trade players between each other, and given where we at the moment I’d say there’s no chance we reject a bid for a player because it’s Liverpool; it would be rejected if it isn’t the fee we want. 

Apparently 2 clubs have snubbed Amanda and the executives calling her to her face across the table, believed to be Liverpool, and Spurs. It’s at a stage where our clubs owners/directors have no direct contact to them unless they are calling those clubs out of proposals and other shit they throw.

If Liverpool are bidding for Bruno, then the likes of Barca, and Real Madrid are as well, and like fuck are we accepting Liverpools offer.

Right now, unless they decided they wanted to buy Dummett, we aren’t listening to their bids for our players.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Apparently 2 clubs have snubbed Amanda and the executives calling her to her face across the table, believed to be Liverpool, and Spurs. It’s at a stage where our clubs owners/directors have no direct contact to them unless they are calling those clubs out of proposals and other shit they throw.

If Liverpool are bidding for Bruno, then the likes of Barca, and Real Madrid are as well, and like fuck are we accepting Liverpools offer.

Right now, unless they decided they wanted to buy Dummett, we aren’t listening to their bids for our players.

Yeah, I’ve read that too.  Money talks though.

Of course if the option to sell a player abroad or to another English club happens, we’ll prefer to sell abroad.  But I wouldn’t be too sure that we’ll refuse to sell to Liverpool.  We will if it suits us.  We’re not in competition with them at the moment. 

One thing I can't get my head around, why are we not using the loan market? Our bench has been woeful for months now, it's costing us points and a possible European place next season. Forget PL loans, we should be able to find a midfielder playing in the European leagues. I can only hope this Phillips deal is going through because we've lost 5 out of our last 6 PL games if I'm not mistaken?

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

One thing I can't get my head around, why are we not using the loan market? Our bench has been woeful for months now, it's costing us points and a possible European place next season. Forget PL loans, we should be able to find a midfielder playing in the European leagues. I can only hope this Phillips deal is going through because we've lost 5 out of our last 6 PL games if I'm not mistaken?

No clubs who have players EH wants want to loan them to us. No one in the EPL wants to help us.

The players we want from abroad are possibly attached to clubs who think they can sell them instead of loaning them.

EH said pre season the pool of players he wants to improve the team whilst maintaining wage structure etc is getting very small.

I’m a bit surprised we aren’t getting some lower value signings from abroad in tbh. Just seen Villa are spending £9m on a player from Red Star. I kinda thought we’d have been doing more of these kind of deals than we have. 

Agree, it seems to be either development players who under-18 or £35m+ signings for the first team. There are definitely cheaper options out there but maybe all the criteria they’re looking for means that they price themselves into that range, e.g. personality, ability to play multiple positions, young etc. Hall seems to somehow fall between both camps, costly and development 

Is there maybe an argument that the less we spend in January, the more we can spend in summer window?

As in spending now would reduce our FFP wiggleroom in the summer is what im thinking.

Or have I got it wrong

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Is there maybe an argument that the less we spend in January, the more we can spend in summer window?

As in spending now would reduce our FFP wiggleroom in the summer is what im thinking.

Or have I got it wrong

It does have an impact, until this season drops off the books (in three years time)

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

No clubs who have players EH wants want to loan them to us. No one in the EPL wants to help us.

The players we want from abroad are possibly attached to clubs who think they can sell them instead of loaning them.

EH said pre season the pool of players he wants to improve the team whilst maintaining wage structure etc is getting very small.

Have you seen our bench for the last few months? Howe doesn't even want to use those players, how hard could it be to bring in someone from Europe who could replace one of the two keepers?

Just now, Novocastrian said:

I don’t believe for a moment we would sell Bruno to Liverpool but the day we sold Andy Carroll is one of the worst I’ve had as an NUFC fan and I remember the Waddle/Beardsley/Gazza sales.

Yeah but Ashley would sell his Granny if there was a 20% profit in it for him

Guest reefatoon
44 minutes ago, TRon said:

Think Eddie Howe answered that when he said we don’t have many friends out there. Looks like clubs trying to bend us over a barrel for players, or are just not wanting to help us out in any way.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, gbandit said:

Selling Carroll to Liverpool and Cole to Man U were the two worst transfers of my life in terms of how gutted I was

Was Gazza for me, I was absolutely gutted and in bits at the time [emoji38] 

Shouldn't Newcastle just go nuts and buy top 4 talent all over and take a 10 points deduction on the head?

Why not? might aswell. -10 pts one season and prosper for next 4-5

Just now, gbandit said:

Selling Carroll to Liverpool and Cole to Man U were the two worst transfers of my life in terms of how gutted I was

The Cole one came out of the blue - but the fans trusted Keegan. The Carroll transfer broke me, heard it on the news on my way to work and followed it online all day.