NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

We are that desperate the players loaned in do not even have to improve our starting eleven, they only need to be people that Howe has faith in that can come off the bench and do a job.

Don't get me wrong, I would like a better standard but we are in danger of this being more than a blip.

According to Ron Walker at Sky, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd need to sell before they can buy, I can think of at least one home grown player from them that could fit in our midfield 

Investors with a limitless amount of money to put into their business aren’t being allowed to at a time when the company’s assets are breaking and they can’t replace them, compromising their ability to meet their targets. By a regulator that’s pressured and influenced by their biggest rivals. Only football is that detached from the real world.

15 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

We’ll just run Miley, Bruno and Joelinton in to the ground until they get season long injuries then

I'd sooner loan a cheap Championship midfielder than keep someone who we know is even more injury prone than the players we have. 

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

According to Ron Walker at Sky, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd need to sell before they can buy, I can think of at least one home grown player from them that could fit in our midfield 

If true, that’s a lot of liquidity sucked out of the market. If everyone needs to sell and nobody can buy we are looking at a market failure. Absolutely mental stuff. They (we included) have all taken a gamble and the music appears to be stopping. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If true, that’s a lot of liquidity sucked out of the market. If everyone needs to sell and nobody can buy we are looking at a market failure. Absolutely mental stuff. They (we included) have all taken a gamble and the music appears to be stopping. 

The sad fact is that if Jim White isn't able to put his yellow tie on and screech about another exciting transfer window, that may be the thing that ends FFP

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The chasing pack are having to spend big to try to close the gap, the "big 6" clubs are having to spend loads to try and maintain that gap. Guess we're close to reaching a stalemate?

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The chasing pack are having to spend big to try to close the gap, the "big 6" clubs are having to spend loads to try and maintain that gap. Guess we're close to reaching a stalemate?

It’s a very strange artificially created situation, but we it’s fantastic for a man city who have so much FFP headroom now. They get a free run at so many players if the rivals can’t compete. 

Also, if the situation is as bad as being made out you would expect transfer fees to dip significantly. That being said, as the reporting windows are rolling periods I’d expect any liquidity issues to be short term but it makes it absolutely critical we have headroom so we aren’t forced to sell our Crown Jewels on cheap (something which Forest should have done but decided again and will likely end up costing them). 

I think an new potential owners of clubs will think twice before buying now. 

I imagine broadcasters will no longer pay a premium for the product as well as sponsors.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I think an new potential owners of clubs will think twice before buying now. 

I imagine broadcasters will no longer pay a premium for the product as well as sponsors.

I think you’re jumping the gun a bit. We see either player price reductions and or less player trading due to liquidity constraints in the short term. 

8 hours ago, sempuki said:

Puke as gloomy as ever in his article but pretty much nails it. If the big lad is out for the season we absolutely need someone in at least on loan. Think we need someone up front as well as it's a matter of time until Wilson gets knackered again.

Until Isak gets knackered and Wilson is unavailable.

35 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Would love for the Saudis to step back until FFP is screwed so that the Sinister 6 have another avenue blocked to cover their mismanagement.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Would love for the Saudis to step back until FFP is screwed so that the Sinister 6 have another avenue blocked to cover their mismanagement.

At this stage this is the big out they will all be hoping for, they already bailed out Chelsea and Liverpool last summer. I’m sure many clubs will be hoping they continue to be active to alleviate the current issues. 

Also; it should be sobering for our own rules as you essential have an unregulated market interacting with our own highly regulated market which will lead to further distortions. 

16 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

If players keep wanting out 6 months after arriving I'm not sure the Saudis will press ahead with their plans to hoover up all the unwanted big name players. 

Neymar’s signing should be the one that puts the brakes on them spending stupid money. Like a car crash you could see happening. Injured straight away, being paid the annual GDP of Papua New Guinea a season and  basically running a booze cruise back in Brazil whilst he recuperates.

https://talksport.com/football/1692349/neymar-luxury-cruise-al-hilal-brazil/amp/

Edited by Nucasol

12 hours ago, BShearer said:

Chelsea did well with the loophole of signing new players on 8-9 year contracts. this will imo catch up with them quite hard in few years but short term it was a quick fix vs FFP.

and also they wont be able to sell players for 100-150 each season without weakening themselves unless saudi club will jump to help them, Boehly does have some Saudis connections.

Wht they will get done for tho is the historical shady things they did under Abra which they admitted, so PL just has to charge them without much fuss and decide on the punishment given they admitted to these things blaming previous ownership. Uefa already threw 10m euro punishment for them for these. bit surprised takes PL lot longer for same charges.

It’s possible the contracts for 8-9 players get revised for FFP. I’m not sure and certainly don’t know.

There is no doubt that Chelsea have done wrong in the past but did they break rules.

Man City with 115 breaches though. Why are they just getting away with it.

9 hours ago, Mikky said:

Could do with a couple of midfield loans on the basis that neither Willock or Anderson are going to be back anytime soon me thinks 

It’s easy to get loan deals for average players that top clubs don’t want or want to develop.

But loan deals for top 7 clubs is harder because those clubs generally don’t want to help you out.

Its virtually impossible to loan a top player from a top club.

20 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

It’s virtually impossible to loan a top player from a top club.

When you’re a direct competitor. They’ll loan to a Forest, Luton etc in the hope their loan player can do damage to title/European place competitors, safe in the knowledge they can’t play v their parent club.

Same premise doesn’t work when that player could be the difference between the competitor finishing 4th rather than 6th and nudging you out the CL places.

In City’s position, now NUFC are unlikely to make top 6 and we’ve played them twice, I’d be loaning Phillips to NUFC to help hobble and take points off Arsenal, Spurs and Villa. Obviously Liverpool off the table to damage now we’ve played them twice.

Edited by Nucasol

54 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

It’s possible the contracts for 8-9 players get revised for FFP. I’m not sure and certainly don’t know.

There is no doubt that Chelsea have done wrong in the past but did they break rules.

Man City with 115 breaches though. Why are they just getting away with it.

Cos they've got hoards of lawyers working for them.

13 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Maybe coming back to sell? 

If we want rid we’ll have to give him away. No one will come close to matching his wages now.

lets be honest we had months to think who we bring in January. certainly we were allowed to think before 1st of January who we will target. half of January gone nobody arrived yet and maybe we are in the mode of "if someone becomes available 30th or 31st of January" we make a move but otherwise thats it.

Phillips was not an option, it was clear City wants a loan fee + fixed option of permanent transfer. had we offered only 30m for Tonali instead of 60 they would have sent us away too. we need to pay what the seller wants or agree close to it.

its very clear our injury woes will continue, about every game or every second game one starter will be out for weeks. lot to sort out in the medical department because a big portion of these injuries is due to lack of rotation, not good enough rehab and poor physios work. wouldnt be surprised that if the 3 players we ran into the ground would get an injury soon. (Almiron, Gordon, Bruno or Miley who as a 17 year old getting used like a workhorse)

case is pretty much what I thought that we have zero proper money available due to FFP to spend, maybe 1-2 loan deal were possible if fees are low and salary is low.

would be surprised if we even spend 20m this window. I think the Hall deal already showed we had to be creative and we probably made less money from CL than expected. lots of the money is based of historical coefficient points and also how far you get, and with 4th place, 1 group win only, and one of the worst coeff points we probably didnt make a lot overall. somehwere between 30-35m io instead of likes of 85-100 the eventual winners can rake in.

next year we wont even have this extra 30m or so, which may be balanced out by the Adidas deal but then we are not ahead really and we also need to sell a few to replace the income for Maxi. not sure our deadwood can ring in that much.