NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

So if all our current leaders go, like Tripps, Wilson and Lascelles that means we will only have Matt Ritchie to include so he can point, shout and do knowt else…! 

If Trippier does go we definitely do need to bring someone in with his level of leadership. 

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Our bench could actually get worse at this rate 😂

Oh! But that glorious one half of football when all our newbies and shadowy sick notes are fit! Think of that ST, think of that. 

Leaders do step up, people who you think aren't one suddenly come forward.  Agree though, we can't lose all our dressing room leaders in one go if it can be avoided.

Edited by Bimpy474

13 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

If Lascelles does go, we need to keep Trippier. His leadership is priceless and we have no other obvious leaders in the side.

Lascelles isn’t an obvious leader either to be fair. We’d be losing a backup CB, end of. Certainly not in the context of players of the levels we have now. 

37 minutes ago, adamjk007 said:

So potentially Lascelles, Almiron and Trippier out the door, all 3 been first team regulars which begs the question are we replacing them all in this window? surely must have some deals lined up? I know we have injured players to come back but even thats going to take some weeks/months for them to get up to speed

I imagine someone will come in but do you think the club is almost resigned to recognising this season has got away from them really. Not exactly raise the white flag as I mean we’re still in the FA cup and it wouldn’t take a huge turnaround to finish much higher up the league and potentially get Europe. But the opportunity to move players on who they probably wanted to move on in the summer anyway is too good an opportunity? Means we clear the wage bill even before the new sponsorship money etc kicks in this summer? It would be good to see 1 or 2 additions though and if we lose 3 players the squad will need some players, I mean it’s only January still.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I hope not 

Whether he’d be a good signing or not who knows but we probably need a player who can adapt position wise like a MGW. We definitely need more creativity too. 

4 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

I’d love Gibbs White. He’s superb.

I wonder if we’re planning on playing him on the right hand side?

At this rate, might be a case of looking around after the smoke has cleared and seeing who we still have standing! 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Whether he’d be a good signing or not who knows but we probably need a player who can adapt position wise like a MGW. We definitely need more creativity too. 

I really rate him and would he delighted to sign him, don’t think he’s a RW though.

6 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

I’d love Gibbs White. He’s superb.

I wonder if we’re planning on playing him on the right hand side?

If we sign him, which I doubt, I hope he'll play as an 8. Or, if we decide to change/alter the way we play, as a 10.

45 minutes ago, Stal said:

If Lascelles and Trippier do get sold, who would we give the captaincy to?

Big Joe, but according to Craig Hope he could be off as well

Just now, jonny1403 said:

I'm going to call it now (excluding the young lad from City) - we won't sign or sell a single first team player this window. 

This is a very strange shout. Be amazed if this ended up being the case

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This is a very strange shout. Be amazed if this ended up being the case

Is it that strange? By all accounts we can't afford to buy/don't see the value in buying without selling first. I have yet to see anything concrete that suggests we are actually selling Trippier, Wilson or Almiron. 

I don't count Ritchie, Dummett or Krafth in the above btw :lol:

Edited by jonny1403

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Happy days! Is he close to being fit?

Think they said 3 months from his operation which was on 3/11, so due back in the next couple of weeks.