NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

100%, but I think the wider picture is the bigger concern - where do they fit when everyone is available? Do they get in ahead of Willock, Joelinton, Tonali? Onana might, Billing shouldn't

Agree generally, with what you’re saying but I don’t think he’s that far off those 3 while being younger.

Ideally we’d go for a physical monster with bags of vision and technical ability but there aren’t many of those players available.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Surprised Villa have FFP issues when they seem to get good money for their academy players in recent years

The £100m jack Grealish money drops off this year from the 3 year rolling P&S sheet doesn’t it? That might be why they need to sell 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Surprised Villa have FFP issues when they seem to get good money for their academy players in recent years

They haven't done much post Grealish and that impact falls off the calculations after this season.

As Villa pretty much broke even on a cash basis for transfers that year and then a net £100m (ish) in the 2 years since they will be coming up to the same barrier we have this year.

I think they will need to sell someone for decent cash in 2024/2025 (be it summer 24 or Jan 25) if they want to invest for next year. Even with CL cash

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Well they've sold Chukwuemeka (£25mil), Aaron Ramsay (£12mil), Archer (£18mil) just in recent years too

Another £10m or so on other kids this season too

Yep they got money for Philogene and Azaz this year too both from their academy

And they got decent money from us for Targett and got £18mil for Danny Ings. Both obviously not academy products but certainly isn;t the reckless spending of some clubs

Edited by joeyt

Brentford have reached an agreement with Club Bruges to sign coveted winger Antonio Nusa. They are now working to finalise the 18-year-old’s proposed transfer, but at this stage, it is not done.

Until the ink is dry, nothing counts — especially when Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea have also been pushing. Newcastle are admirers but already have two left-wingers and Liverpool like him but cannot do anything until there is clarity over their new manager and sporting director.

Ornstein

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we see a bargain, we've got the money.

I'm not sure that's true. Well, it is, we've got shitloads of money, we're just not allowed to spend it, in case our owners go bankrupt :lol:

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Well they've sold Chukwuemeka (£25mil), Aaron Ramsay (£12mil), Archer (£18mil) just in recent years too

Chukwuemeka was the season before Grealish wasn't he?

The point still stands that the big sale they had drops out of the calculations after this year and they have a net £100m spend from the last 2 years to consider regardless of the sales.

They are by no means in any risk of a FFP breach this year, but if they want to buy biggish again this summer they will need to sell to balance up next years FFP. If you are flying in the top 4 without using a £50m rated player and want to fill a gap elsewhere it becomes a fairly obvious sale.

The whole league is also going to have to work with the fact that very few teams now can afford £30-£50m on other clubs academy players and this route to boosting FFP headroom will reduce pretty quickly now

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Chukwuemeka was the season before Grealish wasn't he?

No he was only sold to Chelsea last January 2023

Ramsey, incorrect.

One interesting thing he said was, you're way off, could that mean he's saying in terms of how we've done deals in the past, with very under the radar deals?

Nevertheless, I was convinced we wouldn't move anyone, or sign anyone, but now, I'm not so sure.

This just goes to show what a pile of shite FFP is like. No way should a club having their best season for over 30 years be needing to worry about selling one of their best Academy products just to suit FFP. Let them crack on trying to be the best club they can be. It's a joke. 

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Ramsey, incorrect.

One interesting thing he said was, you're way off, could that mean he's saying in terms of how we've done deals in the past, with very under the radar deals?

Nevertheless, I was convinced we wouldn't move anyone, or sign anyone, but now, I'm not so sure.

Nah surely he was saying your way off about Targett going to Celtic because target is out injured. No idea how you’ve read anything else in to that :lol:

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This just goes to show what a pile of shite FFP is like. No way should a club having their best season for over 30 years be needing to worry about selling one of their best Academy products just to suit FFP. Let them crack on trying to be the best club they can be. It's a joke. 

Well they don’t have to if they spend less. 

I get the point though.