NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

On a positive note, it does show that Howe has a keen eye for a player. Nathan Ake is another outstanding player he discovered early on.

Jordan Ibe, not so much.

33 minutes ago, TRon said:

On a positive note, it does show that Howe has a keen eye for a player. Nathan Ake is another outstanding player he discovered early on.

Jokes aside though, we can trust Howe imo.

trippier, mee, lewis cook all good young signings.

1 minute ago, lovejoy said:

Really not sure tbh mate, if he did, that'll explain that one!

Not to say Howe isn't capable of a stinker like, but I'm sure I read he'd recently returned to non-league football after a spell out.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Not to say Howe isn't capable of a stinker like, but I'm sure I read he'd recently returned to non-league football after a spell out.

Everyone signs duds to be fair, not sure on Ibe or why he didn't live up to expectations bit Howe has had way more hits than misses so all good.

Edited by lovejoy

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Long way of saying this, but that’s not working out or probably happening. I’d like our right winger to be a dribbler and creator, a maverick who offers something totally different than our previous and current. A bit like Maxi but with better decision making in the final third, and most importantly someone who’s bloody fit and not in physio room. 

Moussa Diaby 47M £. 

16 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Everyone signs duds to be fair, not sure on Ibe or why he didn't live up to expectations bit Howe has had way more hits than misses so all good.

Ibe had mental health problems, didn’t he? As in a mental breakdown, had to come away from football completely and is now playing non-league. 

Not saying he would have necessarily carried on at the top level. But seemed like he really struggled with the demands of a professional footballer and the pressure that brings. 

39 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Moussa Diaby 47M £. 

Diaby isn't really a creative player, no? Isn't he basically a direct wide forward who dribbles straight line and behind?

My dream would be Raphina - he presses, he can score, he can dribble, he can create, he can take set pieces and he's done it in the PL. 

Edited by Kanji

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

A more creative player in one of our three spots in midfield doesn’t necessarily have to be in the mould of Maddison either. There are other talented technical midfielders out there with a mix of creativity and physical ability. 

Of course there are, but they are few and far between and cost mega bucks. Top sides that deploy a high press will have tabs on them to. 

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Of course there are, but they are few and far between and cost mega bucks. Top sides that deploy a high press will have tabs on them to. 

Not really, there’s quite many of them. 

20 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not really, there’s quite many of them. 

Elite physical and technical midfielders? They don’t grow on trees, Tonali was a remarkable signing for where we were last summer and as good as he is technically he’s not of that level. Of course that transfer has mitigating circumstances now. 

Edited by Nine

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

Elite physical and technical midfielders? They don’t grow on trees, Tonali was a remarkable signing for where we were last summer and as good as he is technically he’s not of that level. Of course that transfer has mitigating circumstances now. 

I didn’t say that they have to be the best in the world at both.  There are athletic players out there with very good technical ability.

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I didn’t say that they have to be the best in the world at both.  There are athletic players out there with very good technical ability.

There are, but in your previous post you were suggesting we target players that possess the creative quality that our current players don’t while also being physically able to play Howe ball. Lets be honest, without breaking the bank there are very few available options out there of that description.. if they are there and available the likes of Liverpool will have tabs on them to (Szoboszlai).

I just think expecting to sign a ready made player of that mould is a huge ask for our current circumstances. I expect we will target strength in physical depth while being capable technically, if Everton go down I’m 99% sure we make a move for Onana for example.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Nine said:

There are, but in your previous post you were suggesting we target players that possess the creative quality that our current players don’t while also being physically able to play Howe ball. Lets be honest, without breaking the bank there are very few available options out there of that description.. if they are there and available the likes of Liverpool will have tabs on them to.

I just think expecting to sign a ready made player of that mould is a huge ask for our current circumstances. I expect we will target strength in physical depth while being capable technically, if Everton go down I’m 99% sure we make a move for Onana for example.

There are many options out there to find the right balance. Technical players with some creativity that also can press. They don’t necessarily have to be like Joelinton with David Silvas technical ability. You don’t have to be a physical monster to press in football. 

7 minutes ago, Nine said:

There are, but in your previous post you were suggesting we target players that possess the creative quality that our current players don’t while also being physically able to play Howe ball. Lets be honest, without breaking the bank there are very few available options out there of that description.. if they are there and available the likes of Liverpool will have tabs on them to (Szoboszlai).

Maybe Ederson as well if we can't come to terms with Joelinton. But I hope we can, not seen Ederson personally, but Joelinton is a lot of player to replace.

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Didn’t Solanke leave Liverpool sort of “failed” to live up? Only for time and maturity and proper attention given to him at Bournemouth now allowing him to develop? It’s just like Toney. Sometimes players need to actually find themselves at a club that will nurture them. 

I think so - but he was only 21. Odegaard left Madrid at 22 under similar circumstances. Again, another massive wonderkid. The heights he has hit are not surprising and perhaps a little beneath the expectations he had as a youth maybe?? Still time.

The Rooney's and Mbappe's and co. hide that it takes many top players until 23 or 24 to really kick-on. Same thing might be happening with that Kubo lad. He's kicked on at 23/24ish and fulfilling that potential. All that coming off the bench and loan shit doesn't work for every player. Fulham youth like Carvalho & Sessegnon have fallen foul of that. Better off staying at Fulham or going to a midtable club. That big jump often doesn't come off.

Edited by The College Dropout

16 minutes ago, Nine said:

Don't make me say their names again lad...

3 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Mikel Merino would be my ultimate (semi-realistic) signing.

I would love him back at the Toon - he was mint before he got injured

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Diaby isn't really a creative player, no? Isn't he basically a direct wide forward who dribbles straight line and behind?

My dream would be Raphina - he presses, he can score, he can dribble, he can create, he can take set pieces and he's done it in the PL. 

Pedro Neto for me

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

There are many options out there to find the right balance. Technical players with some creativity that also can press. They don’t necessarily have to be like Joelinton with David Silvas technical ability. You don’t have to be a physical monster to press in football. 

Besides the hyperbole, what you are describing is another in the Tonali mould. The summer will be interesting, I expect we’ll only drop big money on a CM if we sell Joelinton because imo it’s just not necessary otherwise. 

Edited by Nine

17 minutes ago, Nine said:

Besides the hyperbole, what you are describing is another in the Tonali mould. The summer will be interesting, I expect we’ll only drop big money on a CM if we sell Joelinton because imo it’s just not necessary otherwise. 

No it’s not. What I’m describing is an attacking midfielder that is creative but also one that is reasonably athletic. One that can run with and without the ball. One that can also go in to space between the opposition lines when we are in possession. One with great technical ability. 

If we want to evolve we will have to be much stronger technically. Physicality alone will not get us very far. ((If we prioritise this too much)

Edited by Ikon