NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Toney would be a great signing for us, at the right price, would fit in well with Tripps and Sandro. That ships sailed though, as he missed the boat during the Rafalution. Shame the club had no strategy back then and didn’t realise we had a borderline elite striker out on loan. I heard Rafa wasn’t even briefed on him.

14 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Not a NUFC rumour, but keep seeing the videos of Toney twerking for a move on a sky sports interview 

Other than Arsenal (who I could see not wanting him due to Havertz having a lot of his qualities), who else would be after him? 

If he only has a year left, wonder if we would be tempted if a low fee, even though he doesn't fit our usual buying criteria (age, no dick heads etc) 

Striker wise he’d be perfect for us but the combination of cost and questionable personality means I just don’t see it. He’ll surely end up at Chelsea as he’s exactly what we need. I think we’ll go abroad for a striker but either way Wilson definitely needs replacing as a number 2 striker or joint rotational striker with Isak.

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

What do people think are our priorities in terms of position? 

1) RW

2) Striker

3) Pacey CB

Thats pretty spot on.

35 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Toney would be a great signing for us, at the right price, would fit in well with Tripps and Sandro. That ships sailed though, as he missed the boat during the Rafalution. Shame the club had no strategy back then and didn’t realise we had a borderline elite striker out on loan. I heard Rafa wasn’t even briefed on him.

Don’t want Toney. His attitude stinks. He’ll fall off a cliff once he gets his big move. He’s been unbelievably disrespectful to Brentford. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Thats pretty spot on.

Well I was just thinking that Joelinton will almost re-sign and I think we’ve got Bruno for another year (you

never know though and we’ve been heavily linked with that Ederson in Italy) so we’ll be fairly well stacked in midfield. LB situation needs sorting/finalising but not as urgently as RW and striker as we at least have options at LB with Targett, Tino, Burn (yes I know) and gos forbid Hall.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

18 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Don’t want Toney. His attitude stinks. He’ll fall off a cliff once he gets his big move. He’s been unbelievably disrespectful to Brentford. 

Aye hes been utterly disrespectful to Brentford, but his on field attitude is really good. Got great work ethic, and his quality is there for everyone to see. 

Edited by nufc123

30 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Thats pretty spot on.

Disagree. We need a striker who can at least stay fit for more than half the games. Both Wilson and Isak have shown they're quality, but ha e also shown that they can't be relied on to be starting the next game...we need to find some nutter from South America who wants to fight and start all the time like Diaz

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Disagree. We need a striker who can at least stay fit for more than half the games. Both Wilson and Isak have shown they're quality, but ha e also shown that they can't be relied on to be starting the next game...we need to find some nutter from South America who wants to fight and start all the time like Diaz

Striker was on the list, but if we want to go places RW is essential.

Edited by nufc123

22 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Aye hes been utterly disrespectful to Brentford, but his on field attitude is really good. Got great work ethic, and his quality is there for everyone to see. 

As I said, I think any work ethic will disappear once he moves on.

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Striker was on the list, but if we want to go places RW is essential.

Injuries have stopped this, as Gordon was meant to be Almirons replacement, but Barnes being made of glass scuppered that. 

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

As I said, I think any work ethic will disappear once he moves on.

I don’t see why it would. Loads of top players are dickheads with egos. Toney has worked his way up from league 2, why would he down tools as soon as he makes it to the top.

Just now, gjohnson said:

Injuries have stopped this, as Gordon was meant to be Almirons replacement, but Barnes being made of glass scuppered that. 

Gordon is far better on the left. 

I think we will likely sell Bruno who if City are serious about buying will want to go there anyhow. We should also consider selling Isak if we get a good enough offer especially if we have doubts about his ability to stay fit.

If we want a Premier League based right forward then I wouldn’t be surprised if we looked at Antoine Semenyo, who is starting to fulfil the potential many thought he had since moving from the championship to the premier league and still isn’t anywhere near the finished article.

He shares a lot of attributes with Gordon going forward and what I like about him is that he has ability with both feet, with him being right footed but often cuts in and shoots with his left.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's been a short-term disaster, but largely due to bad luck (Hall aside, perhaps).

I'm still confident (barring an extended ban for Tonali) that most if not all of the signings will come good in the medium to long term.

If we really believe that's true then we shouldn't need more than one or two signings in the summer. We might be able to do that without selling. But of course that means that we assume that Barnes and Hall will play a major part next season, although I still see good options on the left wing and none on the right.

58 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If we want a Premier League based right forward then I wouldn’t be surprised if we looked at Antoine Semenyo, who is starting to fulfil the potential many thought he had since moving from the championship to the premier league and still isn’t anywhere near the finished article.

He shares a lot of attributes with Gordon going forward and what I like about him is that he has ability with both feet, with him being right footed but often cuts in and shoots with his left.

Absolutely rinsed Lewis hall when he played against us... Looked their main threat all match

Edited by buzza

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

We signed a Champions League-level centre-midfielder, a goal-scoring winger and one of the brightest young defensive talents in the league. How is that a total fuck up unless we knew Tonali and Barnes weren't going to play?

We've been outrageously unlucky with Tonali's suspension and injuries, no doubt about that, but the summer wasn't good imo. Obviously easy to say with hindsight. But I think the plan was to double down on the style of play that was successful last season by having 4 grafting wingers who we could run into the ground, a quality midfielder who could cover and play with Bruno and depth at full back rather than pursuing arguably more pressing matters in the squad such as an upgrade at RW, a striker more reliable in terms of fitness than Wilson or just something like a different kind of attacker that could enable to us to play and win matches in different ways; play between the lines, control possession and tempo in games a lot more than we have been able to this season etc.

A lot of this is bad luck, but because of the summer and us looking to reinforce what worked last season ahead of owt else we can't change it up and find different ways to win games when we hit a wall. It's also made Howe look a bit naive as (despite us reportedly playing a back 5 today) we never seem to change shape but stick to the fundamental style of play which gets rendered ineffective when injuries pile up, make niggles in particular players worse due to them playing more minutes than they should and increasingly devoid those players of confidence. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

What do people think are our priorities in terms of position? 

1) RW

2) Striker

3) Pacey CB

I’d have CB as number 1 priority. It’s amazing of all the injuries we’ve had, Schar hasn’t been one when he’s had loads of niggles pre Howe :D 

Honestly no idea how we go forward this summer. It all looked so positive a year ago but in reality its a monumental task.

It's clear we need to upgrade on most of

Dummett

Ritchie

Krafth

Lascelles

Murphy

Burn

Almiron

Longstaff

Then the likes of Wilson, Trippier and Schar are also aging out and need replacing while they are saleable.

Then we have the Joelinton situation and real possibility of having to sell Bruno or Isak. Don't rule out ashworth coming in for Gordon too. 

Throw that together with FFP seemingly handfuffing us and our youth squad a few years away from helping.. man it's a tough one and we are likely going to have to be patient with most of that first list likely remaining at least another year if not more.