NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Talk that Guler might go out on loan from Real next season. We were supposedly interested last summer, might be an option if finances are tight and we have other positions we need to add in too.

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Would love Eze or Olise here. Both lovely players

They are. Too injury prone imo so stay clear. 

5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Adam Wharton looks a top prospect at 20. 

He'd be absolutely perfect for us.

My lass's dad's mate (I know) is apparently a bit of a Blackburn itk (although maybe not considering :lol:) and was absolutely convinced that we were signing him. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

18 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Would love Eze or Olise here. Both lovely players

Amazing players but will cost at least 45 million each IMO, we will need to look at either a Rowe or Whittaker type signing or maybe look at Cherki or Doue from France at half the cost

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My lass's dad's mate (I know) is apparently a bit of a Blackburn itk (although maybe not considering :lol:) and was absolutely convinced that we were signing him. 

[emoji38]

I hope we're still interested

I still feel like Emile Smith Rowe, despite being another right footed left winger, would be right up Eddie's Street.

Just now, STM said:

I still feel like Emile Smith Rowe, despite being another right footed left winger, would be right up Eddie's Street.

He is good. Question is if he’s reliable fitness wise though. 

4 hours ago, STM said:

On the subject of MGW, those saying he will cost 60m...I don't see it.

Forest have been breaching PSR, they signed him for 40ish. They can want 60m but they will be under all kinds of pressure to sell him, especially if he makes it clear he wants the move. 

I'd actually go as far to say that he's worth the 60m, if that's the high end price. Given what we've done with Gordon at 45m, I'm certain the value of MGW would reflect the cost.

There will be a lot of interest and competition for him. They will get around £60 million for him I believe, unless they get relegated, then perhaps the price comes down.

1 hour ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Amazing players but will cost at least 45 million each IMO, we will need to look at either a Rowe or Whittaker type signing or maybe look at Cherki or Doue from France at half the cost

I dont think we will shy away from spending 40m+ if the right player becomes available.

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bit of a shame Leverkusen have been so good this season, as I get the feeling we had some genuine interest in Wirtz who will now be past our reach.

He probably was out of our reach even before. 100m plus every other club would do everything to get him. 

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

He is good. Question is if he’s reliable fitness wise though. 

He has a worst fitness record than Wilson over the last season or so. We should stay well clear (very talented player though).

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He has a worst fitness record than Wilson over the last season or so. We should stay well clear (very talented player though).

He's only missed about a month of this season with injury

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

He's only missed about a month of this season with injury

This is verging on absolutely not territory for me

IMG_8842.jpeg

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Barkley on the relative cheap if Luton go down anyone? Or is he too similar to Bruno and Tonali in that he's more of a playmaker who can defend since he went to Luton.

Should be aiming much higher imo. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Should be aiming much higher imo. 

You're probably right, I was thinking more as squad depth as opposed to a starter. Miley aside do we have any other promising CMs coming through the ranks? As in an ideal world they fill this role but my impression was that we're still a couple of years off being able to do a City and having this conveyor belt of talent from the academy, so I wondered if he could be a stop gap solution.

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

You're probably right, I was thinking more as squad depth as opposed to a starter. Miley aside do we have any other promising CMs coming through the ranks? As in an ideal world they fill this role but my impression was that we're still a couple of years off being able to do a City and having this conveyor belt of talent from the academy, so I wondered if he could be a stop gap solution.

Elliot Anderson? He seems a bit like a young ross barkley.

2 minutes ago, Checko said:

Elliot Anderson? He seems a bit like a young ross barkley.

His most effective games are much further forward and less central. I was thinking about someone who is comfortable in the middle and further back. Anyway not a hill I'll die on, mainly just a thought.

Alot of this window is going to come down to circumstance, again.

For example, is someone like Eze being courted by big clubs? If the likes of City and Liverpool aren't interested, it opens the door for someone like us or Spurs (I only say this because we aren't in a position to compete wage wise).

So we may have a list of half a dozen players of this calibre, Eze, MGW, Onana etc. What will happen is, we will see where the bigger sharks are moving and absolutely avoid getting involved. We won't bother getting into a war with Chelsea, who will just offer double what we do, for example. We move onto other targets.

It's a little different in the foreign market because we can be the big sharks, look at how we beat Milan to Botman or even how we stole their future star.

Its going to be really interesting.

What I will say is that every window we surpass my expectation by signing at least one superstar... Bruno, Botman, Isak, Tonali.... and I've got an erection thinking of where we go next.