NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Will the likes of Dummett, Hayden and Hendrick still be in contract this summer?

Dummett and Hendrick are done but Hayden has two more seasons.

Edited by SteV

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Will the likes of Dummett, Hayden and Hendrick still be in contract this summer?

According to .com Hendrick and Dummett's deals end this year, Hayden's contracted until June '26

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yes please. I mentioned him a while back. Kid’s gonna be a star. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yes please. I mentioned him a while back. Kid’s gonna be a star. 

Know nothing about him buy nice to read things like this if we are interested.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Don't get the clamouring for Mbeumo at all tbh. He plays in that position, but doesn't suit how we play at all, he's more like a CF that plays at RW. 

A hardworking attacker with a good goals/assists output in the league and can play all across the front line, I think he's ideal for our team. 

Only 24 too

6 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Mbeumo linked/rumoured this afternoon. Would be a cracking upgrade on Almiron.

It’s a bit tenuous to say he’s ‘linked’.

Seems basically the Chronicle have managed to cobble together an article on Aaron Stokes (Chronicle journo) saying on a podcast that he thinks he would be a big upgrade on Almiron.

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Don't get the clamouring for Mbeumo at all tbh. He plays in that position, but doesn't suit how we play at all, he's more like a CF that plays at RW. 

Sounds ideal really. Can start at RW, could cover for Isak at CF. With PSR etc limiting what we can spend I think this is the way we'll go - CB who can cover LB, RW who can cover CF etc.

James Perch would be the ultimate PSR-buster.

Edited by Keegans Export

I like Mbuemo but I’m not sure another cut-in and shoot type of inside forward is needed. We’ve got Barnes on the left who is always doing that. It’s one of Gordon’s favourite moves as well. Would be nice to get more of a traditional right footed RW who can supply isak. Part of the reason I like Gordon on the right is that ability to take someone down the line and cross it on his strong foot. A lot of times the opportunity for a cross is lost when a player has to check back on their other foot. 

Would be a bit annoying for me if I were Isak flanked by two wingers who are always looking to cut in and get a shot off. Idk maybe they can cut in earlier and give him a through ball to run onto just behind the CB. 

We must be one of the least crossing teams. Can’t even think of a header scored by Isak which is a shame because he’s tall, good positioning and good in the air. 

3 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I like Mbuemo but I’m not sure another cut-in and shoot type of inside forward is needed. We’ve got Barnes on the left who is always doing that. It’s one of Gordon’s favourite moves as well. Would be nice to get more of a traditional right footed RW who can supply isak. Part of the reason I like Gordon on the right is that ability to take someone down the line and cross it on his strong foot. A lot of times the opportunity for a cross is lost when a player has to check back on their other foot. 

Would be a bit annoying for me if I were Isak flanked by two wingers who are always looking to cut in and get a shot off. Idk maybe they can cut in earlier and give him a through ball to run onto just behind the CB. 

We must be one of the least crossing teams. Can’t even think of a header scored by Isak which is a shame because he’s tall, good positioning and good in the air. 

Really? 

35 minutes ago, joeyt said:

A hardworking attacker with a good goals/assists output in the league and can play all across the front line, I think he's ideal for our team. 

Only 24 too

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why Brentford, after likely losing Toney, would be willing sellers. For the money and with our ambitions + restrictions, (I'm guessing) 40m should get us some option on a potentially elite player, which I don't think (?) is him.  

Mbuemo would be a good fit for a direct Almirón replacement depending on the fee, but I think we need a wide option with more guile and creativity to be honest. Someone who can play between lines and thread passes for Isak/Gordon/Barnes. Not Bernardo Silva himself obviously but that kind of profile is something we're missing. 

6 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why Brentford, after likely losing Toney, would be willing sellers. For the money and with our ambitions + restrictions, (I'm guessing) 40m should get us some option on a potentially elite player, which I don't think (?) is him.  

I'm not sure which potentially elite players are going for £40mil

We paid that for Barnes who is good and effective but unlikely to be elite in my opinion 

54 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s a bit tenuous to say he’s ‘linked’.

Seems basically the Chronicle have managed to cobble together an article on Aaron Stokes (Chronicle journo) saying on a podcast that he thinks he would be a big upgrade on Almiron.

Well that is true I must admit. But he is underrated by a lot of people.

Last three seasons in the league 

Mbeumo 21 goals and 20 assists

Miggy 15 goals and 3 assists 

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Mbuemo would be a good fit for a direct Almirón replacement depending on the fee, but I think we need a wide option with more guile and creativity to be honest. Someone who can play between lines and thread passes for Isak/Gordon/Barnes. Not Bernardo Silva himself obviously but that kind of profile is something we're missing. 

Basically want a RW who’s capable of coming inside and picking ball up in pockets. When we’ve got Tino bombing down RW, we don’t need a RW who’s also hugging touch line and running on outside.