NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

This may not be so funny in 30 days time.

Maybe, but a shocking window for us if we have to bump this comment in 30 days.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The comments whiff on entitlement.

This is exactly the sort of signing Mitchell was brought into make.

Was very meh on this signing when his name first cropped up but his record for u23 is really good. If he can make that step up he might be a very shrewd signing 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Never seen him play, trust our scouting and the fact that their fans don’t want him to go 

That'll do for me tbh. We need someone of that profile, hopefully he's an unpolished diamond.

Edited by TRon

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

20 games in the PL. Can't even say I've heard of him ever. :lol:

Hope he's good. 

He came on for about 25 mins at SJP. Can’t say I remember him at all. 

We may have to go with young signings for the season if we can't shift the shit this window. 

Next year they'll be some free transfers knocking about. 

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Like the strategy of keeping Wilson and signing a 3rd, if that's what we're doing. But know nothing about this lad. 

I think this is what we will be doing.

I think signing a right winger that can also play upfront for another option upfront would then solidify things perfectly.

Watched a few videos of him since we were linked the other day. Hard to truly know everything from clips, but looks quick, impressive physically and has some technicality. 

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Who was the first one coming up with the Osula transfer some time ago?

Think it was Alan Nixon.

Couple comments from the Sheffield United side:

"Will Osula to Newcastle is rumoured to be £10,000,000 + £5,000,000 in add-ons, and we usually get a cheeky sell on clause in there. It is an absolute no-brainer for United at this amount as it's no secret we're cutting it fine financially. Osula’s a very good prospect, but he's not a regular starter. He's been sensational in the U21s, but he hasn't been able to hit a barn door in the first team, and he's not had consistent opportunities to do that."

"Osula's looked very good in pre-season as well coming in off the left-hand side, but, and it's a big but, we can't turn down that sort of money, particularly if we want some more starters to come in. There are rumours that we’re in for the likes of Michael Cooper, these permanent additions need to be funded from somewhere and I think you can't reject that sort of offer personally."

Sounds intriguing, though annoying that he specifically mentions coming in from the left. 

9 hours ago, arnonel said:

Would he really want to join Liverpool given his former club?

Fowler, Owen, Carragher, Mcmanaman and Rush.

All young Evertonians.

But Gordon isn't going. Liverpool wouldn't pay what we would demand.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

"Will Osula to Newcastle is rumoured to be £10,000,000 + £5,000,000 in add-ons, and we usually get a cheeky sell on clause in there.

Reckon he's ballpark right about that price, but would be very surprised if we've let them have a sell-on tbh

7 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Sounds intriguing, though annoying that he specifically mentions coming in from the left. 

Well, we'll need cover for Barnes :bluestar: