NUFC Transfer Rumours

It’s looking like (and it’s been looking like this for a while) it’s Guehi and an unsuccessful loan bid/ project player and that’s our lot. 

Let’s just make sure the former is secured first and foremost otherwise you can’t argue with anyone saying it’s been a disaster of a window.

43 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Anyways any new rumours? 

Not sure what to make of Trippier and Calvert-Lewin swap deal, 🤔 

Everton need a RB Dyche loves Trippier, and DCL is entering his final year with no intention to sign a new deal.

I don't believe we need DCL, and to lose Trippier would make us then need a RB ?

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

We are starting Miggy/Almiron on that right side. Two wingers that barely dribble, and make poor decisions with the ball regularly. I'm telling you, we have the worst options in that position in the whole league.

Semenyo was bought for £10 million from the Championship and looks ten times better than Miggy and Murphy.

I find it amazing how we seemingly happily deal in Prem market, but never entertain championship market. Rogers, Semenyo couple of recent buys from there. Rowe will look a bargain in 12 months, and Whittaker when he moves will too, and so many more. Yet we seemingly not interested. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Everton need a RB Dyche loves Trippier, and DCL is entering his final year with no intention to sign a new deal.

I don't believe we need DCL, and to lose Trippier would make us then need a RB ?

I don’t believe that rumour tbh, and yes, if it were true it would mean we have to shift Wilson and get In a right back which seems like a massive ask for a club who are struggling to sign a centre half :lol:

We could just about get away without a RW if Howe can get Barnes-Isak-Gordon working as a front three.

I was against it initially because I didn't want to take Gordon out of the position he was so good in last season but he's had two poor games so I'm open to it now.

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

He doesn’t like loan without obligation to buy. He liked the loan for Targett no? Stop being so up Minteh’s ass please. It’s not a good look for a fellow OG of this forum. 

WTF are you on about? If that’s a loan with reasonable obligation to buy fee that’s de facto a transfer with an option to cancel afterwards, instead of a short term loan. Certainly we are talking about short term loan here since these won’t have an impact on our transfer budget 

It’s you who should STFU

Edited by Zero

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

We could just about get away without a RW if Howe can get Barnes-Isak-Gordon working as a front three.

I was against it initially because I didn't want to take Gordon out of the position he was so good in last season but he's had two poor games so I'm open to it now.

I think that can work, kind of feel he needs to find a way to get Barnes on because she’s a goal threat and a far better option than Murphy or Almiron. The frustration is Barnes either can’t or Howe won’t play him on the right at all.

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think that can work, kind of feel he needs to find a way to get Barnes on because she’s a goal threat and a far better option than Murphy or Almiron. The frustration is Barnes either can’t or Howe won’t play him on the right at all.

It's definitely frustrating, he seems confident with both feet so why can't he play on either side?

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

That Rowe from Norwich would have been worth a punt. Gone to Marseille for 13 million

Forgot about him. Off to West Ham or somewhere in a year for 35 million, no doubt.

39 minutes ago, 54 said:

Personally, while I want us to upgrade our RW, as it is the part of the pitch that does lack quality compared to the rest of the squad, I think people go overboard with how bad it is, and think that CB is the position that needs upgrading most.

Murphy had 11 goal involvements last year, with 7 of them being assists, that's not horrendous, infact it's half decent, while at the same time as a squad we scored our highest ever total for Premier League goals so we can make do with Murphy, deploy Miggy if we need a pressing monster, or play Gordon on the right with Barnes on the left.

Our biggest issue yesterday was getting out of the press in defence, Burn is a colossus, but he can't pass, and most of our issues came from just hoofing it long for Bournemouth to attack again, so having two ball playing CB's in Botman and Guehi with Tonali in CM will add so much to the way we play, that it's the more important position for me, if we're having to pick one.

Our right wing options are the worst in the league.

Tonali coming in should improve things down that side though, as the combination of Longstaff with those wingers, guarantees a terrible disjointed team performance.

Trippier playing with Longstaff and those wingers can also help with things down that side. This was why we've got away with it previously.

The situation has become farcical though. Long term we know Miggy and Murphy will soon be gone. They are both older and they aren't consistently good performers.

Can we not just get a half decent option down that side that does not cost the Earth? This player can eventually become the backup down the line and still be better than Miggy and Murphy right now.

As already mentioned, Rowe from Norwich was a great example of this kind of player.

Edited by KaKa

18 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t really see the point of bringing DCL in if we’re keeping Wilson too, seems an odd one. Mind the lad would be a decent back up option I suppose 🤷‍♂️ 

There is no need for DCL at all now, unless Wilson has managed to tear something else and is out for the season, which wouldn't surprise me.

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

It's definitely frustrating, he seems confident with both feet so why can't he play on either side?

Particularly as Howe was quoted as saying he can play both sides. Gordon can play RW but that means having to shift one of your star players out of position all the time. It’s an odd one but it sure Howe would give x number of reasons for it.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There is no need for DCL at all now, unless Wilson has managed to tear something else and is out for the season, which wouldn't surprise me.

Unless we have a transfer lined up for Wilson depending on whether we can get a replacement in? 

59 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Another hindsight question then, if we fail to bring in a RW, would people have preferred to have cashed in on Gordon or Bruno so we could refresh the squad?

No because I think Gordon is a better RW than about 70-80% of wingers who we could have signed anyway. Would rather go big on CB this summer and go big on an RW next year.

The money it would have cost to get one of the 20% or so better would not be worth the offset of getting a top RCB. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

No because I think Gordon is a better RW than about 70-80% of wingers who we could have signed anyway. Would rather go big on CB this summer and go big on an RW next year. 

Until other priorities emerge and we don't sign a RW again like always.

27 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Everton are an absolute mess right now, and just imagine ...

I watched a bit of their game, and was actually sat there envious of them having Jack Harrison on the right wing. That's embarrassing.

They got him on loan from Leeds for the second season in a row, and I don't believe there is any obligation to buy.

I would take that deal right now instead of doing nothing. I remember us almost signing this guy a little while back, and there was a fair bit of derision back then.

If we only knew how things would end up. We are still waiting for a solution on that side.