NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Pata said:

And that elite CB search must have postponed our search for elite RE as we didn’t have the PSR room for both. Just disappointing that neither seems to happen now.

Yeah, it’s a really bad outcome but it’s not the random mess that some people make out. It hasn’t worked out but it’s understandable why, IMO. 

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Aye. There's not even a sniff of a rumour 

Dinna like, I've just seen Ronaldo at Newcastle Airport with a black and white striped shirt on, take that as you will..

I swear and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but you don't half get the feeling some want us to fail.  What for?  So you get satisfaction in saying, 'told you'.  I don't get that mentality, I understand being annoyed at things with the lack of transfers, but are the last 3 years just being ignored ?   

We knew there would be bumps in the road, but come Sunday I'll be watching the likes of Bruno, Tonali, Isak, Gordon and a manager, who has made me love a team I thought was lost to me. 

Yes it's been a disappointing window, and yes it has set us back, but I still maintain the future is bright, despite the deck being stacked against us through scandalous rules protecting the shitebags.

I love this club again, I love football again and after 15 years of purgatory, I'll be fucked if I'm going to spend it moaning, and dreaming up all kinds of mental theories as to why we didn't spend more money. I'm still going to enjoy it as much as I can, and be proud of our team. I love watching us play again, that excitement that you can't explain to a non Newcastle fan.

Edited by Bimpy474

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I swear and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but you don't half get the feeling some want us to fail.  What for?  So you get satisfaction in saying, 'told you'.  I don't get that mentality, I understand being annoyed at things with the lack of transfers, but are the last 3 years just being ignored ?   

We knew there would be bumps in the road, but come Sunday I'll be watching the likes Bruno, Tonali, Isak, Gordon and a manager, who has made me love a team I thought was lost to me. 

Yes it's been a disappointing window, and yes it has set us back, but I still maintain the future is bright, despite the deck being stacked against us through scandalous rules protecting the shitebags.

I love this club again, I love football again and after 15 years of purgatory, I'll be fucked if I'm going to spend it moaning, and dreaming up all kinds of mental theories as to why we didn't spend more money. I'm still going to enjoy it as much as I can, and be proud of our team. I love watching us play again, that excitement that you can't explain to a non Newcastle fan,.

Multiple home runs today Bimps. 

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

We knew there would be bumps in the road, but come Sunday I'll be watching the likes Bruno, Tonali, Isak, Gordon and a manager, who has made me love a team I thought was lost to me. 

I love this club again, I love football again and after 15 years of purgatory, I'll be fucked if I'm going to spend it moaning, and dreaming up all kinds of mental theories as to why we didn't spend more money. I'm still going to enjoy it as much as I can, and be proud of our team. I love watching us play again, that excitement that you can't explain to a non Newcastle fan,.

Lovely post. :thup:

9 minutes ago, Pata said:

Everyone would be fine with Schär as the starter but the bad injuries to both Botman and Lascelles put us in an a mess. It’s not a mess if Schär can stay fit and no Europe should help with that but having Krafth start 15-20 games in the league this season would cost us quite a few points IMO.

If Botman was fit we should be fine with just Kelly coming in but that injury meant we needed to look for that elite long-term Schär replacement one summer earlier.

Doubt both Botman and Lascelles will be effective at any point this season due to severity of injuries. Gonna be disastrous if we start leaking goals again - never mind struggling to play from the back.

8 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

We knew there would be bumps in the road, but come Sunday I'll be watching the likes of Bruno, Tonali, Isak, Gordon and a manager, who has made me love a team I thought was lost to me. 

I love this club again, I love football again and after 15 years of purgatory, I'll be fucked if I'm going to spend it moaning, and dreaming up all kinds of mental theories as to why we didn't spend more money. I'm still going to enjoy it as much as I can, and be proud of our team. I love watching us play again, that excitement that you can't explain to a non Newcastle fan.

I agree with all of this, hopefully Eddie does to.

12 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Agree with this all, just for me it’s frustration because the gap is there for us to claim top 4 and we’re not taking advantage it feels. No guarantees you spend and get it, but there’s an opening.

Tune will change if come Sunday we win, and we can focus on season till January and hopefully be in a position where we can spend to really push home 2nd half.

17 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

IMG_0143.gif.216e6712b823030aed803bb7a1e00b68.gif

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Agree with this all, just for me it’s frustration because the gap is there for us to claim top 4 and we’re not taking advantage it feels. No guarantees you spend and get it, but there’s an opening.

We are two signings away from having a really good squad, and a really good push for CL. Instead we are going into the season with negativity. Thats the problem for me.

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

I agree with all of this, hopefully Eddie does to.

Pretty sure Eddie will have wanted at least one more signing as well, particularly a good quality CB.

I’m taking this as a positive overall. Players that we believed would improve, we couldn’t sign so we didn’t settle for second best. Next summer we will be in a fantastic position to spend money given that it’s another loss making year off the books

22 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Go on son, fuck the haters 😎😂

Edited by Groundhog63

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m taking this as a positive overall. Players that we believed would improve, we couldn’t sign so we didn’t settle for second best. Next summer we will be in a fantastic position to spend money given that it’s another loss making year off the books

..or will be more of the same.

The one thing I will say about our determination to let perfect be the enemy of good, is it did ultimately get us Isak instead of Ekitike/João Pedro. That was a deal that eventually appeared right at the end of the window.

There's no doubt that signing and what went before it sticks in the club's decision making processes.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Going into Summer 2025 you would assume the following will be required 

GK - RW - CB - CM - RW - CF

CB and RW being purples 

23 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

You fucking happy clapping cunt. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

👏

24 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Well said, except there are a few posters that it should be particularly aimed at.