NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

It isn’t about people never being happy, it is about people wanting to see the club build on this success and push forward by strengthening those positions where they believe we are at our weakest.

If you don’t do that and everyone around you does then the likely hood is you fall away.

We can’t rest on our laurels if we want to be considered a threat to the establishment clubs.

We're not resting on our laurels though, it's a moot point.

3 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

It isn’t about people never being happy, it is about people wanting to see the club build on this success and push forward by strengthening those positions where they believe we are at our weakest.

If you don’t do that and everyone around you does then the likely hood is you fall away.

We can’t rest on our laurels if we want to be considered a threat to the establishment clubs.

I just think the club aims to be at the top in 4-5 years time. This success came a bit too soon, and we will have a "disappointing" season. Most likely 6-8. We just cannot financially compete with the top 6 in a while. 

People have to realize it takes time to build a strong squad and rebuild the whole club from the academy up.

Edited by KingArthur

27 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

ManU has a lot stronger squad than we have. And they have made good signings. Spurs still has strong squad, but many of those players don't fit Ange's style and Kane is on the way out. If he leaves we are pretty much on par with them.

I had a dream we just played them, scored 5 goals in 21 minutes then trundled to a 6-1 win. 

Shame I woke up. 

4 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

And this proves something? 

I had a dream were Villa trounced us 3-0. 

That was a nightmare that, tho 😉

Totally agree with this btw.... 

"I just think the club aims to be at the top in 4-5 years time. This success game a bit too soon, and we will have a "disappointing" season. Most likely 6-8. We just cannot financially compete with the top 6 in a while. 

People have to realize it takes time to build a strong squad and rebuild the whole club from the academy up."

Guest reefatoon
16 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I bet you the club isn’t resting on its laurels, that’s madness. The club is building and trying to do as much as it can under the stupid restrictions FFP bring. It’s going to be a process that will take time, but people’s impatience are a fucking nightmare to be honest. I want this now now or it’s an abject failure.

Folks just need to relax and enjoy the ride. We are way ahead of ourselves. If we do finish 6th I certainly won’t be looking at that as anything bad or a step back, that’s just fucking ridiculous way to look at it.

It hasn’t been the lack of signings that has been frustrating this summer, it’s been people’s stupid impatient expectations that have made this place a beacon of abject misery.

Just enjoy where we are and what we are doing.

Edited by reefatoon

32 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

All I read there is; "If we don't sign the players I want, I won't be happy."

We HAVE improved.

We ARE improving.

We are MILES ahead of where anyone with half a brain thought we would be. 

We don't have a perfect 11 or squad is what you are basically saying, which is absurd.

Edited by STM

I've seen people mentioning that we could do with more creativity in midfield. 

How do they think pushing Bruno further up like he was initially playing, when Shelvey was sat deeper impacts that?

I ask because I think we really need a more athletic defensive minded holding midfielder. I don't like how open our midfield looks in transition at times with Bruno sitting deep.

I was following the Arsenal Vs Monaco game yesterday and Fofana the DM for Monaco looked great. He's a physical, athletic DM but his passing was quality too. 

Think he's now in the last year of his contract as well. Can't believe no one has gone for him.

Just now, McCormick said:

West Ham are, apparently.

He's been linked with them and even was linked with us too at some point, but no one appears to be close to pulling the trigger.

46 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

We'll see, Spurs were a mess last season almost all of them want backwards under Conte and that boring Italian they replaced him with for 4 games. I don't think Miggy is any great shakes, had a spectacular purple patch where anything he hit flew in and he definitely works non-stop but ability wise I think Kulusevski is better.

Nothing to do with the thread, but I have just spent a good three minutes just hypnotized by that policeman on a slide GIF profile picture :D 

Thanks @MrRaspberryJam

3 minutes ago, Stal said:

Nothing to do with the thread, but I have just spent a good three minutes just hypnotized by that policeman on a slide GIF profile picture :D 

Thanks @MrRaspberryJam

[emoji38] Semtex made the original, then I found EzGIF.com which then reversed it. I think it's one of the funniest videos I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Finishing 4th was a miracle in the first place man. Have you seen the spending of the clubs around us this summer?

Yes, that's kind of cementing my point though. I know we can't go out and spend a billion pounds but we've just finished 4th. Build on it.

I guess there are two approaches - accept that it was a bit of a fluke and be happy with 6th next season or use it as a launch platform and try to cement our place in the top 4. Given the ambitions of our owners, I thought it would be the second option. As it is, it looks to be the first, and i can't be the only one that's disappointed with that?

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Yes, that's kind of cementing my point though. I know we can't go out and spend a billion pounds but we've just finished 4th. Build on it.

I guess there are two approaches - accept that it was a bit of a fluke and be happy with 6th next season or use it as a launch platform and try to cement our place in the top 4. Given the ambitions of our owners, I thought it would be the second option. As it is, it looks to be the first, and i can't be the only one that's disappointed with that?

FFP

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Out of interest, what would you want us to do differently?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Eventhough he accepts we can't go out and spend a billion pounds, I think he wants us to go out and spend a billion pound

Guest reefatoon
Just now, The Prophet said:

[emoji38] It’s mad that some people can be disappointed like. We have let a couple of squad players leave and signed two first team players. That’s improvement right there, but it isn’t so far hitting their crazy over the top expectations so it’s been disappointing. [emoji38] 

Fancy being disappointed going into this season man [emoji38] Might as well just give up with that outlook.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

The issue is, if we take the gamble and it doesn't work we get set back further than we would have done if we hadn't finished 4th in the previous season. Not saying the situation would be exactly the same, but look at Everton. It's a (unfair) tightrope we are being forced to walk thanks to a system that's put in place to protect the 'established' top 4/6 clubs. As much as they may try and claim it's there to protect clubs from owners who overspend then dump the clubs, it really isn't. There's plenty of other rules you could implement to protect clubs from that threat. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

It's such a simple concept. It's getting painful having to point this stuff out. We are ahead of ourselves.

It just isn't as simple as you're making out. Plans and targets can be fluid and readjusted if your momentum/achievement is greater than you forecasted. It comes down to aggression of ambition, and personally i'm disappointed that we don't look to be building significantly on our achievement, despite it being ahead of where we thought we'd be.