NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

While we are waving the pitchforks at everyone and everything, let’s hound Ashworth out after Wilson, for not signing players. 

Don't be ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

If yous fuckers would stop complaining about memberships then maybe they would have some time to sort transfers out.

We could of had a world class left back by now, but arh nar, Bobby from Wallsend doesn't want to sit in row G of the Milburn so put that transfer on hold.

Canny lad is Bobby tbf just cannot do the stairs up to level 7 at his age any longer

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Out of interest if we finished the window by signing Livramento and a decent RCB, would we be happy?

It'd be a very good window for me. Personally, I'd have liked a left back, but the squad will have been significantly upgraded.

Yes absolutely I would be. Partly owing to the rise of Miley (staying here and proving an extra body for early cup games etc) and the fact Anderson is seemingly going to provide way more than he did last year. If it weren't for those two coming on massively this pre season I'd have wanted another CM/CAM to come in.

The RCB needs to be younger and quality though (Disasi, off to Chelsea now unfortunately) or at the very least similar profile to Schar with Premier League experience (Adarabioyo/Andersen).

4 minutes ago, TRC said:

Don't trust Jacobs at all. He's made a decent career for himself pretending to have sources or reporting what others have.

He was/is Qatars chief cheerleader in the media funny how he’s changed his tune. 

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It depends who the RCB is but it wouldn’t have been great. 

The summer improvements should have been to improvements to CM, LB, RW and RCB cover and we would have only filled half of those.

Coming into the window, I thought priorities would be...

CM x 2

LB 

RCB 

RW 

In roughly that order, accepting we almost certainly wouldn't buy all five.

I'll always take quality over quantity though, Tonali and Livramento (if he signs) could be massive players for us for years to come. Throw in an athletic RCB and a goal scoring winger and the squad has been significantly upgraded.

Plus we have the added bonus of Anderson and Mikey breaking through and increasing numbers.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

We're missing a boo boy. Hopefully it's not going to be Longstaff but I suspect it is. 

Burn seems absolutely despised and Targett isn’t liked much more. That left side will feel the full effect of the pitchfork wielding boo brigade.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Out of interest if we finished the window by signing Livramento and a decent RCB, would we be happy?

It'd be a very good window for me. Personally, I'd have liked a left back, but the squad will have been significantly upgraded.

I wanted a RW, LB - not getting either would be a disappointment. 

Tino, RCB, LB/RW would be great.