NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My hunch is that we won't see any meaningful returns from Tonali for a while but I'd expect Barnes to hit the ground running, even if he doesn't start. Livramento has obviously been signed for depth and the same will apply to a new CB.

Gordon will be [deep breath] like a new signing, though. It'll feel like we basically just signed him a few months early; the real version will emerge now. 

If we don't sign a RW I think Gordon will make that position his own.

We're building quite a squad like and reducing the overall average age all the time. I do think it's slightly odd that we ended the season and probably I felt like we needed an LB and RW and we've actually signed an RB and LW, not what I expected but wtf do I know.

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

We're building quite a squad like and reducing the overall average age all the time. I do think it's slightly odd that we ended the season and probably I felt like we needed an LB and RW and we've actually signed an RB and LW, not what I expected but wtf do I know.

Even more so that we signed a LW and a back up RB in January.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Even more so that we signed a LW and a back up RB in January.

We signed someone capable of playing LW in January. I think his versatility was a very big part of his signing. I don't think Eddie and Co see him as a LW 

37 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My gut feeling with the RW/AM spot is that they're not going to go for anyone after missing out on Maddison and Szboszlai, unless there's another player at that level, in that same profile, within budget 

Can see us having a look in January. 

Barnes

Gordon

Almiron

Murphy

Feels weak. Looks weak. Lacks that bit of magic. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Barnes

Gordon

Almiron

Murphy

Has pace, strength, tactical flexibility, pressing, ball carying and about 32 goals between them last season in the PL.

Edited by Kanji

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Has pace, strength, tactical flexibility, pressing, ball carying and about 25 goals between them last season. 

Be shocked if Almiron scores 10 or more league goals next season.  

I’ve watched enough football in my life to know that at least 2 of those lads don’t have top level ability. Like Significant technical limitations. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Barnes

Gordon

Almiron

Murphy

29 goals and 5 assists between that lot last season. Gordon will be loads better too.

Aye, I think we need to remind ourselves where we finished last season with the team we had. All though other teams, on paper, look to have improved, but we have too and I wouldn’t at all put anyone down who was involved last season that helped us get there. 
there’s still time to go for potentially another, maybe two at a push, to sign, but I’m definitely happy that there’ll no doubt be a lot more assists and goals this season. Had a lot of draws last season and I feel we’ll do better this time around. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

1 minute ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Aye, I think we need to remind ourselves where we finished last season with the team we had. All though other teams, on paper, look to have improved, but we have too and I wouldn’t at all put anyone down who was involved last season that helped us get there. 
there’s still time to go for potentially another, maybe two at a push, to sign, but I’m definitely happy that there’ll no doubt be a lot more assists and goals this season. Had a lot of draws last season and I feel we’ll do better this time around. 

Onwards and upwards :indi:

The press is a better creator than any number 10 etc etc

I pray for Chiesa but it's hard to judge the actual impact of Almiron and Murphy given we rely a lot on counter-pressing. Eddie obviously rates the pair of them and will be well aware of their technical limitations.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Onwards and upwards :indi:

Definitely. It’s the only way to be going into the season with the business we’ve done and what’s previously been achieved….I could go on…but I won’t. 
I’d like to think everyone will be match sharp if not by the weekend then definitely next, then it’s …..let’s fucking give it to em’! 

What’s the point in looking at last season anyway if you just constantly discount and slag those as one offs? “Oh it’ll never happen again” “won’t work” Jesus Christ man 

Guest reefatoon
30 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Has pace, strength, tactical flexibility, pressing, ball carying and about 32 goals between them last season in the PL.

[emoji38] Aye but there is no………. Magic. Pardew got rinsed for using that.

Fucking magic [emoji38] 

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Be shocked if Almiron scores 10 or more league goals next season.  

I’ve watched enough football in my life to know that at least 2 of those lads don’t have top level ability. Like Significant technical limitations. 

Extremely harsh. Murphy is the only dodgy player in that list. 

Think we will get a CB now.

Then are waiting on Tierney until late in the window. I do think we will be happy to wait until January.

Then very low outside chance of a RW/AM.

We will need to shift Fraser, Hendrick, Hayden and quite possibly Manquillo (always seems to get a rough deal despite being solid) and wouldn't rule out Targett getting a loan if we did find a LB signing opportunity this window.

Our teams have been crazy busy transfer wise with all the youth influx, departures and incomings. Greedily hoping for 2 if not 3 more though!