NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

So if we had no FFP restrictions...

Would people have preferred we went down the Chelsea route and trade a whole new squad over two windows? 

Or a more settled progression where we miss out on transfer window objectives as we wait for the right player? 

Think there is flaws in both to be honest but still convinced that's because of Ashley and long term FFP budgets rather than the lack of desire

18 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I see more people moaning about others opinions than I see people actually saying that they are disappointed. I’m on neither side. 

I said yesterday that I’m fairly underwhelmed and would have liked us to have done more, not in terms of the quality we’ve brought in, but the numbers. And I stand by it. But when the season starts, I’ll be fully behind the team as always. 

It’s just my opinion. It might be a shit one, but it’s mine. The outrage it caused was ridiculous though. People were genuinely up in arms!

Edited by Holmesy

A couple would definitely include Livramento cos that isn't complete yet.  Howe was still talking about Leicester City whilst Barnes was 20 yards away fist-bumping his new teammates. 

I think we lack a quality wide forward, Liverpool have Salah, Arsenal have Saka,  Man Utd Rashford etc. Ours are less proven. I think our midfield lacks a number 6. We need more centre back depth, ideally someone to compete with Schar and a new quality left back. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A couple would definitely include Livramento cos that isn't complete yet.  Howe was still talking about Leicester City whilst Barnes was 20 yards away fist-bumping his new teammates. 

He alluded to that at the end Yorks, will be one more after Tino all going well. 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

I still think a left back could happen on top of a CB but that would only be if there are as takers for Targett.

Oh yeah absolutely, if any bonafide squad players were to go we’d be definitely aiming to replace them. 

Both because of wagebill and squad size a lot of signings going forward will definitely be dependent on trading out as well. We wouldn't carry 3 LBs + Dummett/Ritchie. So we'd only sign a leftback if Targett was to go for £10-15 million and we bring in a new first choice.

Wage bill wise, loads of players out of contract next summer. Obviously some will sign new deals and others will leave, but we're currently looking at...

Karius, Gillespie, Manquillo, Ritchie, Krafth, Lascelles, Schar, Dummett, Hendrick and Wilson.

Guest reefatoon
22 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I said yesterday that I’m fairly underwhelmed and would have liked us to have done more, not in terms of the quality we’ve brought in, but the numbers. And I stand by it. But when the season starts, I’ll be fully behind the team as always. 

It’s just my opinion. It might be a shit one, but it’s mine. The outrage it caused was ridiculous though. People were genuinely up in arms!

In fairness, I wasn’t up in arms, I just like taking the piss because I am an irritating twat. I need to realise people don’t always take it that way at the time though [emoji38]  Always hard portraying it over posts. Future reference, I’m never serious, just call me a cunt and alls good [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Anyone expecting a late Isak type signing?

I am, someone who were after suddenly comes attainable later on in the window. 

Think that will always be open if the right deal is there late :thup: 

It’s one of those where you’ve got players who have over-achieved and yes, there needs to be improvement in certain positions along with more strength in depth without changing too much. 

I feel we’ve just about done that. What’s more encouraging is seeing players we wouldn’t have thought of being playing part in that all, Anderson and even young Miley. 

11 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Been a 8/10 window if we get Tino and a young CB. 

More than happy with that.

I'd go for 9/10 if we get Livramento AND a CB.

Bringing in a LB is the only way to make it 10/10.

Still hopeful that once Livramento comes in we can bring another top quality signing in (£40m or so) and then at least one decent loan (Lewis Hall/Felix/Chiesa).

29 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I think "3 key squad players net" was always likely. Not counting people like Darlow, Lewis or Ashby in that. One more centre-back takes us to that with 4 in and Maxi out. Like ponsaelius mentioned, if we get a taker for Targett we'd likely look at another left-back too to keep us at that. 

We could sell Dubravka and Manquillo without the need to replace as well imo as long as we get Livramento.