NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, ElDiablo said:

We lack athleticism at the back and creativity going forward. We rely on the system to get us in good positions which is fine, but there's a distinct lack of quality in the final decision, pass or shot. 

The lack of pace and athleticism stops us from being truly able to push up the pitch and pin teams back too. Too many times recently we're caught in two minds and make it easy for the opposition to counter us.

CB, DM and RW pls.

www.thenorthernecho.co.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Did they not say the target was CL on the Amazon thing? I only watched a bit of the first episode 

They acknowledged potential difficulties and the possible drop off that may occur 

It’s been relentless - feel totally worn out - emotionally drained - just imagine how the players must be feeling 

Just now, Mikky said:

They acknowledged potential difficulties and the possible drop off that may occur 

It’s been relentless - feel totally worn out - emotionally drained - just imagine how the players must be feeling 

Fair enough, I didn’t watch it just remember the clip 

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Fair enough, I didn’t watch it just remember the clip 

Yeah was a brief note made by Ashworth to the board when they were having a zoom conference

Edited by Mikky

3 hours ago, RS said:

Based on today we need at least 15 in during this window. 

Show some respect like, most of the players have played very well for two years or the period they’ve been here since Howe came in. Yes, it was very poor today and it’s been poor for several games but players don’t turn to shit in the space of 4-6 weeks. Also, they’ve mostly been run into the ground or are recovering from injury

Feels like a big transfer window all of a sudden with season unraveling quickly. I think they’ll back EH all they can, but just hope we don’t try some short term quick fix like Phillips.

After watching last few games it’s hard to know where to prioritise at the minute, be interesting to see how they approach it with so many upgrades now seemingly required.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Feels like a big transfer window all of a sudden with season unraveling quickly. I think they’ll back EH all they can, but just hope we don’t try some short term quick fix like Phillips.

After watching last few games it’s hard to know where to prioritise at the minute, be interesting to see how they approach it with so many upgrades now seemingly required.

Would have taken a remote controlled traffic cone with wheels a few weeks ago for CM.

Quite like the idea of Neves on loan, but that seems to have cooled. LB seems a priority as the moment, so can at least rotate Tripper and Livra for RB.

No way will we sign a LB with Burn, Tino, Hall, Targett and Livramento on the books.

Priority positions are: CM, RW, Striker, CB and keeper. Need to resolve at least a couple of them if we’re to have a chance of top 7 finish.

We probably need to sell a CM if we are to get one in. At the moment, we have Bruno, Willock, Longstaff, Joelinton, Anderson, Miley and Tonali on our books. That’s seven for three positions. If we had to sell one who would it be? Carrying eight centre mids is a lot.

9 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

We probably need to sell a CM if we are to get one in. At the moment, we have Bruno, Willock, Longstaff, Joelinton, Anderson, Miley and Tonali on our books. That’s seven for three positions. If we had to sell one who would it be? Carrying eight centre mids is a lot.

Out of those Longstaff is the one I'd sell

43 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Given Tonali isn’t likely to have suitors at present, it would be Joelinton - if only for the fact that he’d be likely to bring in the most money, and he’s free of amortisation at this point.  Longstaff, Miles and Anderson are HG, you don’t want to be shifting those players. 

NB I don’t want us to sell Joelinton at the moment.   Just answering the hypothetical.