NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I think for the summer hopefully we have a budget that's within FFP that isn't reliant upon sales

However, if possible then Miggy and Wilson to be sold to increase our budget

Can see us looking to renew Schar, Lascelles and Krafth, anyone else whose contract expires in the summer needs to be let go

The reason I ask is because I look at what we need to strengthen and it’s significant imo. I’m not sure if we have any freebies we can get? 

But I reckon we need the following. 

Gk (competition)

Lb (starter. 
cb (starter)

cb (squad)

Dm (starter)

Rw(starter)

AM/offensive cm (starter)

Cf(rotation)

That’s a lot of money which can’t be achieved by letting go older players  

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

hayden hendrick lewis and fraser alone are costing us around £10m a year in wages. 

of those only lewis might get us a transfer fee.

Maybe Fraser, he's seemingly doing well on loan at Southampton 

But at least Hendrick will finally be leaving in the summer

I think we need to look at selling/releasing Longstaff, Wilson, Almiron, Lascelles, Targett. Wilson is the big fish, but if we need to sell another it has to be Joelinton. Love the big man, but he’s technically limited and 50 mill would go along way to beefing up the squad. 

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I think we need to look at selling/releasing Longstaff, Wilson, Almiron, Lascelles, Targett. Wilson is the big fish, but if we need to sell another it has to be Joelinton. Love the big man, but he’s technically limited and 50 mill would go along way to beefing up the squad. 

At least 4 of them 6 will still he here at the start of next season. In fact id Probably go 5

46 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Wilson is not the big fish. He's 32 with a sketchy injury record we wouldnt get very much for him. Selling some of our starters is not the answer.

15 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Wilson is not the big fish. He's 32 with a sketchy injury record we wouldnt get very much for him. Selling some of our starters is not the answer.

Unfortunately selling starters may have to be the answer - Wilson, Almiron, Willock, Joelinton etc would free up a lot of wriggle room.  The other option would be one of our ‘new’ boys for big bucks (Bruno, Isak etc).

We’re getting nothing for our deadwood - it’s not like they weren’t available already. 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Maybe Fraser, he's seemingly doing well on loan at Southampton 

But at least Hendrick will finally be leaving in the summer

His wages would make a fee unlikely, though.  And the likes of Hayden would likely need a payoff

I think one of the questions I have is, if I can sell Targett, Wilson and Miggy can I raise enough to fix the weaknesses I’ve listed earlier without selling someone I want to keep? 

Problem is, we need at least 3 players to come in of Bruno’s level in the summer to challenge for CL next season. This is going to cost 150m min and still might not be enough. 

a lot of hard decisions to be made this summer. 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think for the summer hopefully we have a budget that's within FFP that isn't reliant upon sales

However, if possible then Miggy and Wilson to be sold to increase our budget

Can see us looking to renew Schar, Lascelles and Krafth, anyone else whose contract expires in the summer needs to be let go

I think Dummett will get another 1 year extension.  Has to be the end of the road for Ritchie, though 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I think one of the questions I have is, if I can sell Targett, Wilson and Miggy can I raise enough to fix the weaknesses I’ve listed earlier without selling someone I want to keep? 

Problem is, we need at least 3 players to come in of Bruno’s level in the summer to challenge for CL next season. This is going to cost 150m min and still might not be enough. 

a lot of hard decisions to be made this summer. 

Let’s say we get £10m-ish for Targett, £12m-ish for Wilson, and £15-20m-ish for Almiron.  Targett’s fee isn’t close to amortised yet, so he wouldn’t be of any use to the FFP budget other than getting £100k pw off the wage bill.  Wilson & Almiron’s fees though would likely free up £60-80m in transfer fees under FFP for players in Jan. 

I don’t think this is remotely likely tbh - Howe is pretty conservative when it comes to squad changes. 

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Let’s say we get £10m-ish for Targett, £12m-ish for Wilson, and £15-20m-ish for Almiron.  Targett’s fee isn’t close to amortised yet, so he wouldn’t be of any use to the FFP budget other than getting £100k pw off the wage bill.  Wilson & Almiron’s fees though would likely free up £60-80m in transfer fees under FFP for players in Jan. 

I don’t think this is remotely likely tbh - Howe is pretty conservative when it comes to squad changes. 

I don’t think we can afford to be conservative this summer. Our ageing squad will only be a year older next season. 

We need to be ambitious as Liverpool were in this summer, we have a lot of expiring contracts and not a lot of them should be kept around. 

15 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t think we can afford to be conservative this summer. Our ageing squad will only be a year older next season. 

We need to be ambitious as Liverpool were in this summer, we have a lot of expiring contracts and not a lot of them should be kept around. 

I agree - but I won’t hold my breath.  I’d be happy to see a massive clear out

Because our fringe players are so ultimately shit, like Hayden, Hendrick, Krafth, Ritchie etc, it really slows down our squad building. We cannot sell them to anyone, but just getting them off the wage bill is something ofc. Maybe Longstaff could be sold, but for how much? 10 million? Does that help. Same with Almiron. We can get something from him, but need something like 50 million to buy the replacement, if Minteh is not good enough yet.

We need:

CB to cover Schär

DM to help rotate Bruno or play with double pivot

RW to replace Almiron

Young CF to rotate with Wilson and Isak and ultimately replace Wilson.

11 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Because our fringe players are so ultimately shit, like Hayden, Hendrick, Krafth, Ritchie etc, it really slows down our squad building. We cannot sell them to anyone, but just getting them off the wage bill is something ofc. Maybe Longstaff could be sold, but for how much? 10 million? Does that help. Same with Almiron. We can get something from him, but need something like 50 million to buy the replacement, if Minteh is not good enough yet.

We need:

CB to cover Schär

RW to replace Almiron

Those players aren’t even fringe players they are surplus to requirements with the exception of maybe Krafh. 

we can’t sell longstaff as he’s gone grown. 

We need way more than 4 players this summer if we are to achieve our goals next season which has to be pushing for the champions league. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think Dummett will get another 1 year extension.  Has to be the end of the road for Ritchie, though 

I hope not. Even in this crisis he's not had a look in in the league. Give Burn that role next season and sign a first-teamer.

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Those players aren’t even fringe players they are surplus to requirements with the exception of maybe Krafh. 

we can’t sell longstaff as he’s gone grown. 

We need way more than 4 players this summer if we are to achieve our goals next season which has to be pushing for the champions league. 

Lascelles maybe also 1 that can be sold but we aren't getting much money. Targett injured, Manquillo out of contract, Dubravka? Maybe. Murphy of course can be sold for few millions.

If we sign quality players, 4 players is good enough. 50-100 million for a RW and DM, Young pacey RCB, and young CF. most likely 150 million spend, so cannot see us spend any more than that 

Just now, KingArthur said:

Lascelles maybe also 1 that can be sold but we aren't getting much money. Targett injured, Manquillo out of contract, Dubravka? Maybe. Murphy of course can be sold for few millions.

If we sign quality players, 4 players is good enough. 50-100 million for a RW and DM, Young pacey RCB, and young CF. most likely 150 million spend, so cannot see us spend any more than that 

Jamal is out of contract at the end of this season, 4 total signings in the summer wouldn’t be enough to cover the gaps which we will have. Our squad would be even thinner than this season. 

on the plus side; it’s a possible we will have less games to play next season if we miss out on Europe so maybe we can get away with it. But again, it would be another gamble as this summer was. 

30 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

We need:

CB to cover Schär

RW to replace Almiron

Longstaff is a decent PL player and an academy product.  We won’t be getting rid any time soon

19 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Jamal is out of contract at the end of this season, 4 total signings in the summer wouldn’t be enough to cover the gaps which we will have. Our squad would be even thinner than this season. 

on the plus side; it’s a possible we will have less games to play next season if we miss out on Europe so maybe we can get away with it. But again, it would be another gamble as this summer was. 

Oh yes, forgot it. Then he will be released and Burn takes his place as a backup. New right sided CB needed still.

If we buy 4 players good enough to start, I would be more than happy. Left back is a bit of concern if Hall doesn't pick it up. 

It might more than 4, with some young players replacing the likes of Ritchie, Krafth, Manquillo, Dummett and Lascelles.